Home Make It So!

New 5-Crew Ship

I'd like to see a ship added to the game that has 5 seats for crew, rather than the current maximum of 4. This would be to help with unlocking nodes in Fleet Boss Battles, since there are often many possible trait matches to try, and only being able to test 4 crew per valor can take a while. To balance with the other ships in the game, the built-in stats and abilities for this new ship could be extremely weak (maybe the hull only has 10% the hit points of the current lowest ship or something). Basically, it should die quickly when fighting anything other than itself, but it would allow for better combo node unlocking.

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is an interesting thought. It arguably has merit and could possibly be great. The key is the balance. Of course, that would be extremely difficult. I field a crew of four with massive damage at 6 seconds. If I could field 5, I would obliterate the field, regardless of how bad the other stats are. But I suppose it could work.

The biggest issue is that your idea would mean people bought fewer extra valor tickets. This would reduce the income to the game makers and they would never do it. Or worse, they would do it as an exclusive ship impossible to get without a ton of money and some insanely good luck. This would mean only a few people would get it who don't need it anyway. And if it had any potential in the arena, it would immediately keep normal people from any hope of new schematics.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    That would be a great chance to introduce some weakling of a ship (such as another named Maquis *hint voyage bonus hint* Shuttle or Raider) with 5* Rarity that would hold 5 crew, but would purrform underwhelmingly by any other means. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or maybe a Pakled ship.....
  • Bajoran interceptor