Home The Bridge

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Has anyone figured out an optimal ship and crew combo for the nightmare boss? I've been experimenting, the best I can do is like 25 million a round

Most reliable way of scoring high damage is to get down to only 2xRepair crew. I have a 5/5 Dereth.

The Keldon can do it the most reliably since it has high health and a less than 20s HDR. I’ve gotten over 30 million a couple times on Nightmare. I use Mirror Bashir and Vindicta Mariner for damage. I’m at Bridge 13.2 so I need one damage reduction chain buff to use two repair on the Keldon for UNM.

The NX01 has very strong inherent DPS but it’s more difficult to get down to 2xRepair. Having said that I just managed 30M with 3xRepair and Scotty on UNM.

I don’t have a L10 Artifact so I don’t know when it can be utilized at 2xRepair.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • Our little Fleet was doing really well fighting Nightmare yesterday. We got a 98% damage yesterday and had all the Combo's cleared today. We finally have a chance at taking down the Nightmare Boss for the FIRST TIME!!! Then everybody in our fleet started reporting reduced damages by 2/3 of what we were getting yesterday.

Is FBB NERFED?

Was FBB made easy to play during the OE to encourage more DIL spending???
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Hagbard wrote: »
    Our little Fleet was doing really well fighting Nightmare yesterday. We got a 98% damage yesterday and had all the Combo's cleared today. We finally have a chance at taking down the Nightmare Boss for the FIRST TIME!!! Then everybody in our fleet started reporting reduced damages by 2/3 of what we were getting yesterday.

Is FBB NERFED?

Was FBB made easy to play during the OE to encourage more DIL spending???

Possible this has something to do with the bonus you get from the chains?
    With good bonus I managed 12m dmg. And sometimes it is only 6m.
    It's crazy.
  • Yesterday we were able to get extended play using 2 hull repair crew which increased the damage significantly. I don't know if this is the way it was before the OE because my fleet has been stuck playing Brutal. Personally, I have only run a few attacks to start to tune in ship and crew so my results looked like I found a better match but it appears now that the hull damage was greatly magnified and fixed/rigged today.

Actually, my initial ship and crew trials on Nightmare were worse than my Brutal crew so in hindsight, it was too good to be true.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday we were able to get extended play using 2 hull repair crew which increased the damage significantly. I don't know if this is the way it was before the OE because my fleet has been stuck playing Brutal. Personally, I have only run a few attacks to start to tune in ship and crew so my results looked like I found a better match but it appears now that the hull damage was greatly magnified and fixed/rigged today.

Actually, my initial ship and crew trials on Nightmare were worse than my Brutal crew so in hindsight, it was too good to be true.

Nothing was changed for FBB.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday we were able to get extended play using 2 hull repair crew which increased the damage significantly. I don't know if this is the way it was before the OE because my fleet has been stuck playing Brutal. Personally, I have only run a few attacks to start to tune in ship and crew so my results looked like I found a better match but it appears now that the hull damage was greatly magnified and fixed/rigged today.

There is a lot of variability based on what buffs you get for clearing nodes. A big damage reducer or cooldown time reducer and you could suddenly go from needing 3 hull repair to 2 and you can then add a second big attack. Then if your next boss has different buffs you won't survive with only 2 hull reducers and you'd need to go back to 3.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »

I would like to request an audit of Magnesite distribution.

Our fleet has all kinds of people doing FBBs; we have people who love to pile on the damage to help us kill it ASAP and we also have people who love to solve the nodes. Here is a screenshot posted to our fleet discord server from over a week ago from one of our node solvers...
    ckjxnzy0kxk6.jpg

...I cannot emphasize strongly enough how valuable the node solvers are, those folks do the hard work of creating lists, testing cards, clearing the nodes, and reporting to the rest of us which cards we should run to benefit the entire fleet. And yet the current reward balance turns their acts of benevolence into sacrifice as they are falling behind the rest of us because they do not earn enough Magnesite to buy the upgrades.

We have created a makeshift remedy by having the damage dealers slow down once they get over 60,000,000 to give everyone more time to get more damage in to earn more Magnesite, but the better solution would be to just rebalance either the reward tables or the build costs.

Or, drop some Magnesite for each ATTEMPT at solving a Node. Whether the attempt is successful or not. Because whether it is or not, the person loses Damage Rewards.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    At least you can continue, some will never.
    Peets wrote: »
    At least you can continue, some will never.

It has been adjusted to help all members of a Fleet progress. Such as fixing the issue where you had to personally do millions of Points of Damage to get the Group Rewards. If someone is in a Fleet where almost no one is able to or willing to work on the FBB, there are options. But, many people have expressed no desire to do what they need to do to make progress.

• W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    We tried Brutal. Managed one chain and 3/5 of a second. 19% damage... Back to Hard.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
    The Battle Points continues to not match the total in our cumulative score.

55 million plus 10 million does not equal 62 million.
  • Adding my voice to those who've requested adding Bilitrium I as an additional Ultra-Nightmare reward. Ultra-Nightmare seems to be the only level where you can't use the rewards for lower-level bridges, which makes things tricky for a mixed-level fleet.

+1 on this
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »

I would like to request an audit of Magnesite distribution.

Our fleet has all kinds of people doing FBBs; we have people who love to pile on the damage to help us kill it ASAP and we also have people who love to solve the nodes. Here is a screenshot posted to our fleet discord server from over a week ago from one of our node solvers...
    ckjxnzy0kxk6.jpg

...I cannot emphasize strongly enough how valuable the node solvers are, those folks do the hard work of creating lists, testing cards, clearing the nodes, and reporting to the rest of us which cards we should run to benefit the entire fleet. And yet the current reward balance turns their acts of benevolence into sacrifice as they are falling behind the rest of us because they do not earn enough Magnesite to buy the upgrades.

We have created a makeshift remedy by having the damage dealers slow down once they get over 60,000,000 to give everyone more time to get more damage in to earn more Magnesite, but the better solution would be to just rebalance either the reward tables or the build costs.

Or for the 8 millionth time, PROVIDE A REWARD FOR CLEARING NODES SO YOUR TOP PLAYERS STOP GETTING SCREWED OVER TRYING TO HELP THE FLEET.
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Well..... New bonuses were not enough. We are all stuck. Once again our core group has pretty much said FBB is dead to us. So now we're at the crossroads. Disband the fleet and move on (which we really don't want to do) or never advance because we can't move past Hard without mass dil spending.

Do you mean brutal? Hard seems one of the easy ones. I can do 20% of the total dmg on my own.
  • My request: stop using “season 1” for continued tweaking.

Just stop.

Take a complete and critical look at all of the discussed elements, weighed with business needs, and exit the “beta” model.

Because at this point, its not beta anymore. And if you want to keep calling it beta then holy moly what have we been spending our resources on?
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    I see the amount of players dropping in the Admiral Division, I suspect the FBB feature is the cause.
    Peets wrote: »
    I see the amount of players dropping in the Admiral Division, I suspect the FBB feature is the cause.

While the Objective Event is that one, I only play Admiral one day a week for the Chore.
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Repeating what's been said for the hundredth time, Ultra needs Bilitrium I. We're getting fights in the fleet between players that need Ultra Nightmare and players still below level 13 who need Nightmare.

Those fights will not show up in "metrics", but they're going to tear fleets apart. Unless that was the intention of FBB, this is a simple fix that should have been done weeks ago and needs to be done ASAP.

I give you good money when S2 rolls out, those Starbase components in the Uber campaign will be replaced by Bili 1
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    Repeating what's been said for the hundredth time, Ultra needs Bilitrium I. We're getting fights in the fleet between players that need Ultra Nightmare and players still below level 13 who need Nightmare.

Those fights will not show up in "metrics", but they're going to tear fleets apart. Unless that was the intention of FBB, this is a simple fix that should have been done weeks ago and needs to be done ASAP.

+1 on this

Yes. Another +1. This really needs to be corrected.

Yes. Another +1. This really needs to be corrected.

Yes. This should be fixed with next weeks regular push. Its simple and absolutely essential to not cause further damage to fleets.

Fix it now, PLEASE.
  • FSB has turned the game into work, I want a game to be fun. FSB is like work, has turned some folks into ego maniacs. I just left a fleet that the guy though he was god, always yelling at folks over starting the wrong battles but yet made everybody an officer so they could. I am sick of fsb, sick of the work sick of the free loaders who let those of us pour dill into finishing a nightmare battle so they can reap the rewards. I am done.