Home The Bridge

Spocktober Mega 2022: Spe-Q-Lations

JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
While I doubt it's gunna be a "Spock"tober mega event, we already got a hint with the Wadi Game Master. It could be focused on the "Gambler" treat (new collection would get fed well), but it could also be a Gamma Quadrant mega event coming up.

My hopes are Gamma Quadrant, because there is still plenty of crew from that area which isn't in the game yet. For the repurring ... sorry recurring ... mega character I'd suggest the telekinetic "prototype" Vorta named Eris, played by Molly Hagan. Of course a Jem'Hadar would also have to be in there at some point, I'd suggest Talak'talan (legendary) from the same episode. Of course it doesn't mean that every card would have to be origined from the Gamma Quadrant, but also those who have visited it, just like Teenager / Autopilot Jake (new uncommon threshold reward, as we already have a Teenager Nog). Also some great cards would fit into the sensational 2-parter episode "In Purrgatory's Shadow" with the Vorta overseer Deyos (super-rare) and our hand-to-hand combat hero Dominion Prisoner Worf (legendary). Even a second variant (super-rare) of Tain, Dominion Prisoner Tain, could happen. Or how about the Romulan woman who was imprisoned alongside Tain, Bashir and Garak? Speaking of Garak ... Claustrophobic Garak (legendary) would definitely be one of my favorites.

Just my two Aenar-cents. <3
"Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhamel wrote: »
    While I doubt it's gunna be a "Spock"tober mega event, we already got a hint with the Wadi Game Master. It could be focused on the "Gambler" treat (new collection would get fed well), but it could also be a Gamma Quadrant mega event coming up.

My hopes are Gamma Quadrant, because there is still plenty of crew from that area which isn't in the game yet. For the repurring ... sorry recurring ... mega character I'd suggest the telekinetic "prototype" Vorta named Eris, played by Molly Hagan. Of course a Jem'Hadar would also have to be in there at some point, I'd suggest Talak'talan (legendary) from the same episode. Of course it doesn't mean that every card would have to be origined from the Gamma Quadrant, but also those who have visited it, just like Teenager / Autopilot Jake (new uncommon threshold reward, as we already have a Teenager Nog). Also some great cards would fit into the sensational 2-parter episode "In Purrgatory's Shadow" with the Vorta overseer Deyos (super-rare) and our hand-to-hand combat hero Dominion Prisoner Worf (legendary). Even a second variant (super-rare) of Tain, Dominion Prisoner Tain, could happen. Or how about the Romulan woman who was imprisoned alongside Tain, Bashir and Garak? Speaking of Garak ... Claustrophobic Garak (legendary) would definitely be one of my favorites.

Just my two Aenar-cents. <3

All of that, please!

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    I came up with another one that would fit nicely ... remember that Orion Syndicate episode "Honor Amongst Thieves" with Undercover O'Brien (existing)? Liam Bilby and Chester (Legendary, Pet People, New), as well as Chadwick (super-rare), the Vorta commander Gelnon (purrhaps the uncommon threshold) and Raimus would be an alternative to Chadwick if you want so. There were quite a few lovely characters in that episode, including some aliens (Bolian bartender Graife, a Farian callgurl, weapon handler Yint).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    They might finally to a SNW Mega with Sorcerer Spock as the reoccurring and the rest of the Elaysia crew. Be a nice vanity collection for SNW. I would think a DS9 would be December or February, closer to the 30th anniversary. I love the ideas though. I'd personally love a "Facets" themed one. We have Odo, but we never got the rest.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if it would be a general DS9 mega for the anniversary, it would be an excellent oppurrtunity to release the remaining "Far Beyond The Stars" crew for a new vanity collection. :)
    I think that would be the perfect collection for January. We've been wanting it a while. It's iconic for DS9 and would be great for the anniversary.
    A Skirmish or mini event adding the Runabout as a lower rarity ship with good FBB utility would be a neat thing too.
    An Endurance with an Emissary Sisko would be very cool. We could have the various Orbs at each tier of levels leading up to The Orb of the Emissary at level 99. Dip/Med/Com sounds right, though it isn't an uncommon set. A ship skill of "It's Not Linear" with an effect on the timers would be the best nod to the opener!
    There are some really fantastic things they do for it. A DS9 avatar with a 30 for that month's campaign.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • I'm an automatic Yes for anything DS9. As for Spock, I've been expecting every October since this game launched to get Spock petting Cat Sylvia. I'd love humanoid form Sylvia and Korob, too, but I don't care to guess the status of those likeness rights. Surely the cat's likeness rights aren't an issue.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    More cartoons....

2wfcbk9zc4l0.jpg
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
    More cartoons....

2wfcbk9zc4l0.jpg

I'm in the dark. I have no idea who that is is or which episode they are from.
    More cartoons....

2wfcbk9zc4l0.jpg

No idea. Must be the LD series, I don't watch it.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
    edited September 2022
    More cartoons....

2wfcbk9zc4l0.jpg

Under the blur, it looks more like TAS than LD, except that whoever it is looks like they have stubby legs like Shaxs.

h48wmv2qq43j.png

Huge purplish/pink head, and short little legs not ringing a bell.

BUT, it COULD be intentionally distorted to throw people off?

More cartoons....

2wfcbk9zc4l0.jpg

Under the blur, it looks more like TAS than LD, except that whoever it is looks like they have stubby legs like Shaxs.

h48wmv2qq43j.png

Could be, haven't seen TAS in 40 years or more...umm, wait, I mean, 4 years, ya, thats it :o:)
    More cartoons....

2wfcbk9zc4l0.jpg

h48wmv2qq43j.png

Could be, haven't seen TAS in 40 years or more...umm, wait, I mean, 4 years, ya, thats it :o:)

As much as I love the show, I really do not see the need for back to back Megas for LD. Unless they really do want to not only push away the players that are not into the show, but also alienate and cause burn out for the players that do like the show.

• More cartoons....

2wfcbk9zc4l0.jpg

h48wmv2qq43j.png

As much as I love the show, I really do not see the need for back to back Megas for LD. Unless they really do want to not only push away the players that are not into the show, but also alienate and cause burn out for the players that do like the show.

same here scott, i love LD but i would much rather a mega for TOS or DS9 or something :smile:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    More cartoons....

2wfcbk9zc4l0.jpg

h48wmv2qq43j.png

They've gone more extreme in the past, giving us three megas back to back, all based on the same episode, let alone the same show. Barry Waddle, Tribble Quark and Tribble Kirk, all from Trials and Tribbleations (though admittedly you could argue the case for Kirk).
  • Just because the recurring legendary is from Lower Decks doesn't mean that it's a LD mega. Most megas we've had weren't related to a specific show and even when they were, that didn't necessary mean they had a lot of cards from that show (thinking of the last "VOY" mega that had basically zero Voyager crew in it :sweat_smile: ).
    It could simply be a Diplomat Mega and pull from all the series. That seems to be a big part of the universe.
    The collection could use some attention. It currently has 89 crew (so a Mega would get us close to 100), but the Milestones stop at 60.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    More cartoons....

2wfcbk9zc4l0.jpg

Clearly Zoidberg from Futurama.

aazpvzzasxfa.png

Or Mirror Universe Zoidberg.

5ejvf0u2nwd5.jpeg

Let’s fly!
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    It's the Doopler Emissary.

Some strong emotions cause them to duplicate, others cause them to merge back together. Fun episode, although I'm fan of Richard Kind and he was clearly enjoying the voice over.

gzg80on6prr7.png

Diplomat mega would fit very well.

Edit: woops, already covered in the pinned thread! Well in that case, here's Richard Kind laughing it up with Khal Drogo / Aquaman.

vb08e1hojfjp.png
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: woops, already covered in the pinned thread! Well in that case, here's Richard Kind laughing it up with Khal Drogo / Aquaman.

vb08e1hojfjp.png

You can't sneak a Stargate: Atlantis image in here! That's illegal!

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the Doopler Emissary.

Some strong emotions cause them to duplicate, others cause them to merge back together. Fun episode, although I'm fan of Richard Kind and he was clearly enjoying the voice over.

gzg80on6prr7.png

Diplomat mega would fit very well.

vb08e1hojfjp.png

He did a great job in Atlantis. I loved those episodes. Great show. Ezri Dax camioed there, too. Creepy episode.
    More cartoons....

2wfcbk9zc4l0.jpg

h48wmv2qq43j.png

And it is Lower Decks centered Mega theme.

I hate to be Cassandra about some stuff.
    9kuuv9maa0bj.jpg
    It's a Diplomat Mega with a Doopler reoccurring. Though Cassandra /\ looks annoyed either way. She's good at that.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    More cartoons....

2wfcbk9zc4l0.jpg

h48wmv2qq43j.png

And it is Lower Decks centered Mega theme.

I hate to be Cassandra about some stuff.

There are only two LD characters represented in the mega. It ain't that bad.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I expected wurse in terms of "Animated" crew being overboarding once more. This Mega is a good mix of the timelines (wait, that's the name of the game ... haha), except TOS and TNG not getting any love, but hey ... it's MUCH better than just another LD / SNW focused month. :)
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's going to be a long month, I just hope we get a slot sale, cause I'm sick of juggling crew, and I have 72k dillithium burning a hole in my pocket :D
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »
    It's going to be a long month, I just hope we get a slot sale, cause I'm sick of juggling crew, and I have 72k dillithium burning a hole in my pocket :D

Or alternate solution, send some of that dilithium to me. Then I have dilithium and you don’t have 72k dilithium burning a hole in your pocket. :)
    Let’s fly!