Home The Bridge

Shuttle fails

Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2022 in The Bridge
I waited to start shuttles until the objective event started, sent 4. All had success rates over 90%.

Woke up to FOUR failures. And this is a pattern ive noticed before.

Edited parts follow from here

First four: four fails
Second four: one fail
Third four: one fail
Fourth set no fails
Fifth set one fail
Sixth set no fails
Seventh set no fails

21/28 passed, 75%. Maybe it was just the first wave. But im not so sure. Ill track it every time that this oe comes up.

Ill keep this updated, hopefully other people track theres also. There are several in my fleet seeing the same thing i am. It seems like its linked to the objective event, and we are guessing its an attempt to get people to use tokens or time boosts to send more shuttles.

Comments

• W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I had two of my first four fail. I'll have to see how these next four go.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I normally put on shuttles the day before. Today I woke up and had 12 Bajoran shuttles waiting to be collected, all passed. The success rate was 95%.

I also have two tanked factions, but I don't need them for this event.

Put on shuttles the day before, but don't collect them when they return, instead put on another 4. I sent out the first four just after I sent out a voyage, after the event finished, so that I would not need the shuttle crew for the event or voyage.
  • I waited to start shuttles until the objective event started, sent 4. All had success rates over 90%.

Woke up to FOUR failures. And this is a pattern ive noticed before.

It’s rare, and it happens. If you really want to know if it’s an issue, keep track of your next 500 shuttles and look at the numbers.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 28 shuttles to collect once the Objective event started and only had one fail. Looks like you just had a bad roll of the dice.
  • I had 28 shuttles to collect once the Objective event started and only had one fail. Looks like you just had a bad roll of the dice.

Im wonderingn if it has to do with the event being started.

If yours were waiting to be collected, i would imagine success fail was already defermined. Maybe its determined at time they are sent? Or maybe even when the mission is opened? Would have to ask wrg or get someone savvy enough to look at the game code
  • I rarely do them before the event and typically have 75%+ success rates. I suspect it was just bad luck for you this time. The fact that all your later shuttle waves so far have much lower failure rates seems to bear that out.

Every now and then I'll have 3-4 failures on a shuttles with a 90%+ chance of success each, but it's very rare, and I haven't noticed a correlation with events.
  • You could be right.

But ive noticed that the fail rates are higher during this particular objective event so im going to keep an eye on it.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had some issues {Went to the ER last night} and had started late "saving" returns. out of 20, 15 succeeded. O never use Boosts outside of faction Events, so the % was scattered between 60s and 80s.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
    Actually...did you have a Voyage out too? I often have shuttles fail, if I have a Voyage with that skill out.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually...did you have a Voyage out too? I often have shuttles fail, if I have a Voyage with that skill out.

I always try to set up Voyages first, then send a wave of Shuttles, when possible. Why I usually only have 80s for the percentages.

Current wave: 82/84/88/89. I'll try to remember to report how many succeed.

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
    I crew in the same order and I usually only send a shuttle if it is over 85%. They tend to be 89% or higher.
  • But ive noticed that the fail rates are higher during this particular objective event so im going to keep an eye on it.

I‘ve noticed that, too.
    Same with gauntlet. Opponents with lower values and lower crit do crit more often and even win. Happened 3x in a row last event.
  • AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    It's like winning the $100M jackpot. As low as the chances are, both can happen. In all my years I had it all: 99% success rate failures, and complete Faction Events with not a single shuttle failure. That's just the way RNGesus does his miracle worker job.