• cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bradski wrote: »
    @cmdrworf Barclay and Neelix

Yikes, How did I miss him.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    New version published. Lots of changes from both myself and @mr_sparky

"Added New Crew: Ensign Hoya, Captain Clark Terrell, Borg Queen Jurati, Ixtana'Rax, Barclay and Neelix, Wizard Pollux Spock, Croden, Princess Thalia and Runa
    Expanded Original Thinking from 180 to 260
    Expanded Costume Party from 120 to 140
    Expanded Healthy Discourse from 100 to 120
    Expanded Survival Training from 80 to 100
    Expanded Cultural Impact from 100 to 120
    Expanded Heh Cho'mruak tah from 80 to 100
    Expanded to Boldly Go from 80 to 100
    Expanded Valor in Combat from 60 to 80
    Expanded Live Long and Prosper from 60 to 80
    Expanded Life Among the Stars from 40 to 60
    Expanded Spit and Bailing Wire from 40 to 60
    Expanded Temporal Calamity from 40 to 60
    Expanded Great Compassion from 40 to 60
    Expanded Rules of Acquisition from 10 to 25
    Expanded The Neutral Zone fro 10 to 25
    Expanded the Contunuum from 10 to 20
    Expanded Timelines originals from 19 to 25"
    Added Clear Button to Boss Battles.
  • Minor issue: When Upgrading from old versions, the upgrader no longer imports my Starbase bonuses (though it does import my "Apply Bonuses" button). It has been like this for the past couple of versions. It's annoying, but not TOO bad.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minor issue: When Upgrading from old versions, the upgrader no longer imports my Starbase bonuses (though it does import my "Apply Bonuses" button). It has been like this for the past couple of versions. It's annoying, but not TOO bad.

Thanks. Tagging @mr_sparky on this one as he does the scripting for importing from the previous versions.
  • cmdrworf wrote: »
    Minor issue: When Upgrading from old versions, the upgrader no longer imports my Starbase bonuses (though it does import my "Apply Bonuses" button). It has been like this for the past couple of versions. It's annoying, but not TOO bad.

Thanks. Tagging @mr_sparky on this one as he does the scripting for importing from the previous versions.

Thanks. I'll take a look.
  • Minor issue: When Upgrading from old versions, the upgrader no longer imports my Starbase bonuses (though it does import my "Apply Bonuses" button). It has been like this for the past couple of versions. It's annoying, but not TOO bad.

@AdmiralMemo I doublechecked, and the upgrader doesn't affect the Starbase bonuses because that's done differently. Do you mind sharing your Sheet with me so I can try to figure out where the problem is? Please DM me the link.

Ok, the problem's fixed and will be out with the next release. Thanks for the report!
  • LT SmashLT Smash
    edited November 2022
    Thank you for all the amazing work on this sheet, it is extremely helpful. I seem to have identified a small error in the way mission success chance is being calculated, probably not noticed by many since they have already completed them all. I noticed because Badgey was being recommended to keep to complete mission For the People which requires Changeling or Hologram and Command skill 515. Badgey has the hologram trait but Is DIP/ENG/SCI, therefore cannot complete this mission. I am by no means a google sheets expert but I believe the issue is that sheets seems to calculate *BLANK*>=Data!$D$20 as True so the answer seems to be to change the formula for the check columns CH,CO,CV... to value_if_false "0", instead of value_if_false blank. Not sure about other implications on changing this but it seems to fix the issue.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    LT Smash wrote: »
    Thank you for all the amazing work on this sheet, it is extremely helpful. I seem to have identified a small error in the way mission success chance is being calculated, probably not noticed by many since they have already completed them all. I noticed because Badgey was being recommended to keep to complete mission For the People which requires Changeling or Hologram and Command skill 515. Badgey has the hologram trait but Is DIP/ENG/SCI, therefore cannot complete this mission. I am by no means a google sheets expert but I believe the issue is that sheets seems to calculate *BLANK*>=Data!$D$20 as True so the answer seems to be to change the formula for the check columns CH,CO,CV... to value_if_false "0", instead of value_if_false blank. Not sure about other implications on changing this but it seems to fix the issue.

Ugh, and the Blank vs 0 issue strikes again. We've made quite a few tweaks to the sheet and unfortunately this is one of the side effects of our improvements is that blank vs 0 has burned us in a few spots. I'm sure there are some more in this section and not just on this mission. I'll take a spin through all the missions as I'm sure quite a few of them may have the same issue. Thank you @LT Smash for reporting this. We'll get it fixed. I'm not sure if I'll have it fixed for this weeks release or if I'll need to roll it into next weeks. And in taking a quick look, I'm pretty sure your fix is close. I may need to condition for 0 or Blank. I'll need to look at the backend for those fields just to be determine if it could be both or if its always 0 now.

Tagging @mr_sparky in case he has a chance to beat me to looking at it for us.

I'm hoping to publish this weeks release either later today or tomorrow. It depends when the next event is announced and how much time I need to spend on my real job today.
  • LT SmashLT Smash
    edited November 2022
    I don't understand why sheets would think that nothing is greater than any number seems wrong to me! If it helps this is the change I made =arrayformula({"Check";if(len($AH5:$AH),CX5:CX+CY5:CY+((CZ5:CZ-CY5:CY)*(100%-Settings!$E$74)),"")}) to =arrayformula({"Check";if(len($AH5:$AH),CX5:CX+CY5:CY+((CZ5:CZ-CY5:CY)*(100%-Settings!$E$74)),0)}) in each of the skill check columns, I didn't change anything about the mission calculations. Thanks again!
  • LT Smash wrote: »
    I don't understand why sheets would think that nothing is greater than any number seems wrong to me! If it helps this is the change I made =arrayformula({"Check";if(len($AH5:$AH),CX5:CX+CY5:CY+((CZ5:CZ-CY5:CY)*(100%-Settings!$E$74)),"")}) to =arrayformula({"Check";if(len($AH5:$AH),CX5:CX+CY5:CY+((CZ5:CZ-CY5:CY)*(100%-Settings!$E$74)),0)}) in each of the skill check columns, I didn't change anything about the mission calculations. Thanks again!

The "blank > some number" is a weird Google Sheets bug/feature.

Do you mind doing a quick test?
    On Stats!GM4, can you replace:
    $CH5:$CH>=Data!$D$20
    with
    ($CH5:$CH*1)>=Data!$D$20

...and let us know if that gives you the correct results?

If so, @cmdrworf , I can make the fixes later today.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    mr_sparky wrote: »

with

@mr_sparky that would be great if you can. Tagging @LT Smash to see if he can try the fix.

with

@mr_sparky that would be great if you can. Tagging @LT Smash to see if he can try the fix.

Tested and working.
    I believe this has the same effect as my proposed change as BLANK*1 seems to = 0. I also considered this as a solution. I understand why you'd go that way is probably safer and maybe helps computationally? IDK if blank is treated different to 0. For me fixing for myself it seemed more work to change every mission to ensure they are correct as they all seem to use the same logic. Many might be correct now and, I haven't come across any others that are broken, but new crew may change that.
  • LT Smash wrote: »
    cmdrworf wrote: »

with

Tested and working.
    I believe this has the same effect as my proposed change as BLANK*1 seems to = 0. I also considered this as a solution. I understand why you'd go that way is probably safer and maybe helps computationally? IDK if blank is treated different to 0. For me fixing for myself it seemed more work to change every mission to ensure they are correct as they all seem to use the same logic. Many might be correct now and, I haven't come across any others that are broken, but new crew may change that.

Thanks. We identified a few other places with this same issue and the fix will be in the next release. Thanks for your help!
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the long delay. Here's the latest update.

"Added New Crew: Spock as T'Pring, Captain Sonya Gomez, Sela in Shadow, Melora Pazlar, Dread Pirate Q, Tallinn, Adult Rukiya, Chef Pike, Queen Neve, King Ridley
    Added ""Faster, Higher, Stronger"" collection. "
    "Fix issue with cadet recommendations
    Improve Boss battles performance."
  • Thanks for your hard work, by the way, all of you.
  • MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Hi,
    Since some versions (or amount of crew) I have strange behavior withe the sheet.
    I have some crew marked "Freeze" on the recommendation but if I freeze them and reload the sheet with the new data they are marked "Unfreeze".
    I tried with just one crew, changing anything else, and it happens again and again. Maybe not with all crew but at least 2 of my roster : Interfaced La Forge and Homesteeder Janeway.
    Freeze --> Unfreeze --> Freeze ...
    Not that important; when you got time.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mururoa wrote: »
    Hi,
    Since some versions (or amount of crew) I have strange behavior withe the sheet.
    I have some crew marked "Freeze" on the recommendation but if I freeze them and reload the sheet with the new data they are marked "Unfreeze".
    I tried with just one crew, changing anything else, and it happens again and again. Maybe not with all crew but at least 2 of my roster : Interfaced La Forge and Homesteeder Janeway.

Can you share your sheet with me?
  • Queen Neve has no CAB Rating
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bradski wrote: »
    Queen Neve has no CAB Rating

Yep, she wasn't added to CAB when I published yet. Its all timing with that. I pull a copy of the CAB ratings when I publish and I get everyone that has been published at that time to load into DNA so every so often I release mine before CAB has them updated.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mururoa wrote: »
    Hi,

@Mururoa

I figured out your issue....

On the settings page you have

"Set the number of Top Voyagers you want the sheet to display per rarity." set to 6. This causes La Forge to be recommended.

Then you have "Set the number of crew you want to keep per combination of Voyage skills.
    " set to 5. This causes him to be frozen. These two really should be set to the same number.

This does lead me to wonder why these are separate values then (this was before I took over the sheet even). I'll need to dig into this a bit, but this is the reason for the odd results.
  • Loretta {PoF}Loretta {PoF} ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    This does lead me to wonder why these are separate values then (this was before I took over the sheet even). I'll need to dig into this a bit, but this is the reason for the odd results.

I like this different settings. The problem of Mururoa must be a rare one. I set the first to 7 and the other to 5 with no problems.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

I like this different settings. The problem of Mururoa must be a rare one. I set the first to 7 and the other to 5 with no problems.

Yeah, I'm kinda puzzled by it. I can see why its doing it, but I don't think it should be..... I think there is a glitch in the logic. I'm playing with it in my dev copy. Hoping to tweak it so it works for all cases.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next release will be delayed a bit.... Trying to reconcile the Disco collection. I have 161 Disco Crew (counting new additions) and The collection shows 159. Its going to take a bit for me to find the error and a decent time block that I can focus on it. If anyone has time and wants to take a look at who I have marked as Disco vs the game, I won't argue. :smile:
  • @cmdrworf Are there any new(Er) disco crew that are not in the current spreadsheet?
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cmdrworf Are there any new(Er) disco crew that are not in the current spreadsheet?

Here's the additions coming in the next version (so a few disco crew, but I have them counted). Added New Crew: Off Duty Ortegas, Daring Tilly, President T’Rina, All Good Things La Forge, Young Guinan, Doctor Kovich, Burnham at the Jump, Lt. Commander Bryce
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, found them. I had an error in my counts by series actually. I was right on with 159 after fixing that.
    Next release will be delayed a bit.... Trying to reconcile the Disco collection. I have 161 Disco Crew (counting new additions) and The collection shows 159. Its going to take a bit for me to find the error and a decent time block that I can focus on it. If anyone has time and wants to take a look at who I have marked as Disco vs the game, I won't argue. :smile:
    Delays during a Skirmish event usually aren't too bad. We can still mark Tilly and Burnham variants if we don't happen to have the Event Crew, and they're likely better help than any random other Disco crew.