Home The Bridge

Any idea when the next portal update is expected?

Unfortunately, I didn't note down the dates of the most recent portal updates. Does anyone know when the next can be expected?

Answers

• W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most recent was June. I always keep the message from the previous update until the next one. I'm expecting it around the holidays or about the time we get the new Boss.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    8nc5jf7sgl3x.jpg
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    8nc5jf7sgl3x.jpg

The meme is wrong. It is Tuesday.
  • Right after the next honor sale.
    Right after the next honor sale.

Don’t they usually alternate? We last had an honor sale.
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right after the next honor sale.

Don’t they usually alternate? We last had an honor sale.

Honor Sale was in September
    Tuesday pack on Monday (again) today and first week of the new year. Something will happen tomorrow. Could it be a portal update?
  • Tuesday pack on Monday (again) today and first week of the new year. Something will happen tomorrow. Could it be a portal update?

That should be the mega event recap pack. However, it's not online yet.
  • I was literally just going to ask that question… I couldn’t remember either.

pxcpfocs9bq0.jpeg
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
    I think WRG would sell more packs if they updated the portal more frequently. I’m not sure why the updates are so infrequent compared to things like the honor sale. I’m just sitting on packs to open and buy dilithium when there is a really good offer.
    edited January 2023
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I think WRG would sell more packs if they updated the portal more frequently. I’m not sure why the updates are so infrequent compared to things like the honor sale. I’m just sitting on packs to open and buy dilithium when there is a really good offer.

The theory is making crew available more quickly would decrease competition and pack sales when new crew are introduced. Why compete in an event if the crew will be in retrieval in a month? And almost no one will chase Tuesday packs if that crew will show up in retrieval in a month.

Is their current frequency the right number? I don't know. But I'm sure they've looked at pack sales and have tried to balance frequency to maximize initial pack vs general portal pack purchases.

I don’t think 3 times a year would change things too much. The new characters released in the previous 4 months would be left out anyways so you are talking about at least 4 months of waiting for a character to show up in the portal in lieu of obtaining him/her/it in a different manner.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    I’d be happy with every six months or thereabouts. I honestly can’t remember the wait time for all the updates, but I thought a couple were fairly long waits (I could be wrong), and others were in line with six months or so.

I do wish they would remove very old characters and save them for Retrieval or the 490 packs. But I get that it’s a business and more characters means a lesser chance to obtain who you seek and possibly buy another pull. It’s a business after all. Just me and my wishful thinking though…
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • I think WRG would sell more packs if they updated the portal more frequently. I’m not sure why the updates are so infrequent compared to things like the honor sale. I’m just sitting on packs to open and buy dilithium when there is a really good offer.

I'm in the same situation. I have all 4-star crew that are in the portal immortalized. So I'm not really opening packs anymore.

I agree of course that updates can't happen, say, every month. But I think we're long overdue for an update.
  • I wouldn’t mind every six months. I do wish they would remove very old characters and save them for Recall or the 490 packs. But I get that it’s a business and more characters means a lesser chance to obtain who you seek and possibly buy another pull. It’s a business after all. Just me and my wishful thinking though…

You're absolutely right, it is a business decision after all. But I've often thought that leaving the very old characters in that a lot of players have immortalized and increasing the dilution with every update, hurts the product.
  • Any news regarding the upcoming portal update?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Two ideas that was suggesting years ago have been ignored by both companies running the product.

1- automate the updates so it happens on regular schedule. This prevents guessing and hopefully threads asking

2-divide the packs into legacy and new crew. I think spenders would hit the new packs hard but WRG probably has data that says otherwise. Getting the crew you want faster probably eauals less spend. I think it would be offset by people like me who stopped buying packs at all but I’m probably wrong about that. I would buy some dilithium whenever these packs dropped and get the crew I want vs. not spending at all. Like I said, I’m probably wrong because they have access to data on spending patterns. I would love if they experimented with this one time.
    Live now. Korvallen ship schematics confirmed.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'd be nice to get the list of which cards are included in the update.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
    I haven't done a hard look through Retrieval, but Hollow Data and later aren't included for sure. I'm hitting Science hard right at the moment and he's the only Top 20 base that I don't have that isn't in the Portal now. All the rest got changed from red to light green on my whiteboard.
  • <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    June 6th, 2022 is the newest card in the portal. Willie Hawkins. Everything before him who is otherwise eligible for the portal should now be in there. Can confirm this includes the whale tier campaign reward of Second Chance Laris.
  • June 6th, 2022 is the newest card in the portal. Willie Hawkins. Everything before him who is otherwise eligible for the portal should now be in there. Can confirm this includes the whale tier campaign reward of Second Chance Laris.

Thanks for the clarification. I was figuring the cards in the Elusive Treasures pack were supposed to be in the portal. Just waiting for the day Dread Pirate Q becomes available in crew retrieval…
  • Usually, WRP will post a list of all added crew and ships. If they do, we should start a confirmation thread.
  • jxr1bk1a5oeu.png

Pav confirmed, appears to appear in beholds too!

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    June 6th, 2022 is the newest card in the portal. Willie Hawkins. Everything before him who is otherwise eligible for the portal should now be in there. Can confirm this includes the whale tier campaign reward of Second Chance Laris.

Thanks for the clarification. I was figuring the cards in the Elusive Treasures pack were supposed to be in the portal. Just waiting for the day Dread Pirate Q becomes available in crew retrieval…

Exactly. The idea of "Elusive Treasures" is that it is released BEFORE the Update and the Crew included in it are part of the Update.

More concerning changes.....
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?