Home The Bridge

Chef Pike OE questions

ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2022 in The Bridge
Two questions really.

First off, why the Thunderchild? This is the second endurance OE with Pike as a reward and they've both required us to complete ship battles with a random ship. I mean, Pike's Enterprise is right there, why not use it?

Secondly, unlike with previous OEs there's no way to get the Thunderchild from the event rewards. I know it was a skirmish reward a couple of weeks ago, but if anybody missed that skirmish for any reason there's no way for them to complete this event. Is that intentional? Because if it is it seems really harsh.

Comments

• Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to assume it’s an oversight, since the reward Pike is best for newer accounts. It would be discouraging to those players if they knew in advance that they couldn’t complete the objective event.
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Thanks for starting a thread. Ive been wondering the same thing since the announcement came through. Even with the USS Thunderchild being an event reward, the schematics given were a total of 450 i believe(?). Not much of a ship at that level.
    If not an oversight, my only other thought is…possibly some ship schematics along with the initial pike in the portal,?????, possibly??
    It makes no sense to give us an event that many wont complete.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    DAE wrote: »
    Thanks for starting a thread. Ive been wondering the same thing since the announcement came through. Even with the USS Thunderchild being an event reward, the schematics given were a total of 450 i believe(?). Not much of a ship at that level.
    If not an oversight, my only other thought is…possibly some ship schematics along with the initial pike in the portal,?????, possibly??
    It makes no sense to give us an event that many wont complete.

The level of the ship does not matter. Just choose it as your main ship, and warp ten it when doing space battles.

I am a bit annoyed that it is only a three seat ship.

In my fleet some of us are putting our fleet boss battle attack crew in our main ship, so others in the fleet can see what we are using. With a three seat ship this is not possible.

I also came here to say the same thing about no schematics for the thunderchild as rewards. I have them, but nearly did not bother on the second account.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps an oversight? One of the other Objectives really should have enough Schemes as one of the Rewards to at least get it to level one. I know the Skirmish was very recent but people might still not have it for various reasons.

I can't remember, but do they normally include enough Schemes for level one if a Ship is needed for one of the Objectives? If not, maybe something to consider going forward.

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • If I remember correctly (and I may not), previous endurance events have only given a 4/5 by the end. I'm seeing the Thunderchild track as a bonus 5th star for those who did do the recent skirmish, rather than something being withheld from those who didn't.
  • Riker's islan{DD}Riker's islan{DD} ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    If I remember correctly (and I may not), previous endurance events have only given a 4/5 by the end. I'm seeing the Thunderchild track as a bonus 5th star for those who did do the recent skirmish, rather than something being withheld from those who didn't.

I'm not sure I follow what you mean, but the Pike OE only gives you 3 additional Pikes, so you get a total of 4 as usual.

The "Level Chef Pike" & "Fuse Chef Pike" do not award a copy of him....so its no different from the past month long OE's iifrc
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly (and I may not), previous endurance events have only given a 4/5 by the end. I'm seeing the Thunderchild track as a bonus 5th star for those who did do the recent skirmish, rather than something being withheld from those who didn't.

There are the same number of 5* crew available from this OE as from previous ones. So even with the Thunderchild you still only finish up at 4/5 for Pike. Compared to previous events, that 4th copy is definitely being withheld.
    Perhaps an oversight? One of the other Objectives really should have enough Schemes as one of the Rewards to at least get it to level one. I know the Skirmish was very recent but people might still not have it for various reasons.

I can't remember, but do they normally include enough Schemes for level one if a Ship is needed for one of the Objectives? If not, maybe something to consider going forward.

Every previous OE has included enough schematics to get the relevant ship at level 1, as a reward for completing shuttle missions.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    They never give us a 5/5 (apart from Picard Gate), it's always a 4/5 or less, so that they can sell DYC, or make us spend 50,000 honor on a citation. Less honor if we have a citation from the previous honor sale.

This appears to be a mistake, and I think the solution would be to put a 450 schematic pack in the Time Portal for the next month.

They have also given us four athletes to level, which is great. Luckily I don't need them.
    Chef Pike is not an athlete, which is another divergence from all previous OEs of this type.
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭

If I recall correctly the past Endurance OE did include ship schems for the required ship. Therefore “going forward” it appears they have decided to remove that option.
    Many will only get a 3/5 from this.
    It would appear this one is different, as pointed out, with the athlete trait is not given to this pike. You have to lvl crew with athlete trait to get a copy of this new pike, then lvl him to get supplies/gear.
    The choice to put a copy of pike as the top tier reward in the Thunderchild battle section could have been switched with the top tier of “fuse” or “lvl” pike witch offers gear that could be built or replicated. In the event a player does not have the ship.
    The more that the requirements and rewards are examined it seems this was an attempt at something different.
    As well, its been a bit now and we have no notice if mistake and/or oversight notification, this thread is running with questions and no official response. Silence.
    It may be that this was the intended outcome. Those who did not have time or newer players who cant reach 450 schems at threshold 100,000 in skirmish to build a lvl 1 Thunderchild are out a copy and will only obtain a 3/5 new pike.

Completing all Tasks gives him to 4*, unless you use a Cite, which I and others have done. {I would think others did, as well.}

Those who cannot do the Thunderchild Task cannot get the fourth copy.

0kmvv1k9ggd0.png
    DAE wrote: »

If I recall correctly the past Endurance OE did include ship schems for the required ship. Therefore “going forward” it appears they have decided to remove that option.
    Many will only get a 3/5 from this.
    It would appear this one is different, as pointed out, with the athlete trait is not given to this pike. You have to lvl crew with athlete trait to get a copy of this new pike, then lvl him to get supplies/gear.
    The choice to put a copy of pike as the top tier reward in the Thunderchild battle section could have been switched with the top tier of “fuse” or “lvl” pike witch offers gear that could be built or replicated. In the event a player does not have the ship.
    The more that the requirements and rewards are examined it seems this was an attempt at something different.
    As well, its been a bit now and we have no notice if mistake and/or oversight notification, this thread is running with questions and no official response. Silence.
    It may be that this was the intended outcome. Those who did not have time or newer players who cant reach 450 schems at threshold 100,000 in skirmish to build a lvl 1 Thunderchild are out a copy and will only obtain a 3/5 new pike.

They give out several Athlete Crew within the Event. I didn't even use all of the 3* Crew because I checked first and Leveled Athletes I had in progress.

Also, Shan is not a robot. She does have to sleep and other weird things. This thread was started during the night, IIRC
  • I sit corrected! (Didn't realise the fuse strand didn't give another copy, but on reflection it would have been odd if it had.)
  • Thank you for the schematics. Also those rare crew awarded as prizes were helpful in getting me partially through the leveling goal.
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    @shan please thank the team for realizing many need the ship to participate. 😁🖖🏻 Also we do appreciate the switch up in this OE. It keeps thing lively with some differences.

@*Nomad* {pof} has an interesting idea to add to the event stories. However maybe a single opportunity to get a ship is not enough for everyone.

@DScottHewitt yes i did the same leveling athletes already in progress. Those OE athletes are honor for me. As far as the timing for the thread i saw it a few hours before bed, and didnt return until 8:30am. Also, many that i know sent tickets when the in-game announcement was made. To which none have a reply. Yes, i did particularly reference the thread, but i also stated “official response” I meant various forms of communication.🖖🏻
    Thanks Shan, that's a great solution. I'd still have preferred Pike's Enterprise as the featured ship, but I've learned by now not to expect any kind of theme to these events.