Home Engineering Room

Forums Issues

123457»

Comments

• That's weird though, because I used FB for both.
    Is there a way to sync them? Will it cause problems if they're not?
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's weird though, because I used FB for both.
    Is there a way to sync them? Will it cause problems if they're not?

Hmm that it is odd. It looks like you might have two forum accounts.
    There is no issue if the your forum is not synced with your game account.
  • If there's no issue, I won't worry about it. Thanks!
  • I’m running into an issue with pm’s. I enter a lengthy pm, hit send and get the message that I’ve posted twice in 60 seconds. Except I haven’t. However, when I look at the thread of pm’s to that person, it’s a series of incomplete messages.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m running into an issue with pm’s. I enter a lengthy pm, hit send and get the message that I’ve posted twice in 60 seconds. Except I haven’t. However, when I look at the thread of pm’s to that person, it’s a series of incomplete messages.

I'm having the same issue
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed a weird behavior with draft saving, I wonder if it is related.
    Unfortunately this is likely related to an update on the software side, something I have no control upon. I will look at their latest release notes.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the pm issue still ongoing?
    I didn't have anymore weirdness on my end.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jairzinho2 wrote: »
    I need some awesome’s to get to level 2. All help appriciated

64cbn2amrf29.jpeg

Hi and welcome!
    I gave you a badge that will give you sufficient points, now it is just a question of waiting for your account to be old which should be just a few days :)
  • I'm trying to change my generic user name to my in-game captain name, but when I try to change anything at the Disruptor Beam user site, it gives me an error and none of the changes save. Would love to both change my name and associate this Facebook login with an email address instead of the placeholder email it auto-filled for me.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to change my generic user name to my in-game captain name, but when I try to change anything at the Disruptor Beam user site, it gives me an error and none of the changes save. Would love to both change my name and associate this Facebook login with an email address instead of the placeholder email it auto-filled for me.

Please submit a ticket for this so we may look into it.
    Provide the name you are trying to use, it might already be used and that would result in an error.

Thank you!
  • DB Heather wrote: »
    Greetings Captains!

Please post any issues you encounter with our new forums on this thread.

Thank you!

LLAP,
    ~DB Heather

Does anyone know what happened to the bridge. It no longer shows up. I'm not the only one as other members in our fleet have the same issue.
  • Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    It's moved to a little button between the fleet and FBB ones.

The little captain's chair
    nk9gje8zu669.jpeg
  • Evening all,
    I have, for a couple of weeks now, been trying to make a small change to my display name in the game... i.e. change one word in my display name, however, every time I try I get an "Oooops..! Something went wrong" followed by the problem being logged as a certain error code.

I have read, and re-read the instructions for making the change and I can't see that I am not following the instructions exactly, including signing out and then signing back in again.

Is there a fix for this so I can do it or do I need to contact support for an administrative change?

Advice appreciated (solution gratefully acknowledged AND appreciated LOL )
    Live Long and Prosper Y'all...
    T.
    “Those who dream by day are cognisant of many things which escape those who dream only by night"~ E.A. Poe
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evening all,
    I have, for a couple of weeks now, been trying to make a small change to my display name in the game... i.e. change one word in my display name, however, every time I try I get an "Oooops..! Something went wrong" followed by the problem being logged as a certain error code.

I have read, and re-read the instructions for making the change and I can't see that I am not following the instructions exactly, including signing out and then signing back in again.

Is there a fix for this so I can do it or do I need to contact support for an administrative change?

T.

Hmm this usually happens when the name you want to change to is already in use.
    Could that be the case?
    What do you want to change it to?
  • Shan wrote: »
    Evening all,

T.

Could that be the case?

Good afternoon Shan,
    Many thanks for the prompt response. The error message I got was as follows, "This exception has been logged with id 7pld3a7on."

Multiple times now.

I simply wanted to change the first part of the name from Captain to Admiral, that is, new name = Admiral T.T. Turk - after all I have a fleet now LOL

Your time/advice/help gratefully appreciated.
    Live Long and Prosper
    T.
    “Those who dream by day are cognisant of many things which escape those who dream only by night"~ E.A. Poe
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Evening all,

T.

Could that be the case?

Good afternoon Shan,
    Many thanks for the prompt response. The error message I got was as follows, "This exception has been logged with id 7pld3a7on."

Multiple times now.

I simply wanted to change the first part of the name from Captain to Admiral, that is, new name = Admiral T.T. Turk - after all I have a fleet now LOL

Your time/advice/help gratefully appreciated.
    Live Long and Prosper
    T.

As I suspected there is already a forum account with the name Admiral T. T. Turk and I suspect it is one you made as well :)
  • edited November 2022
    Good afternoon Shan... Um... DOH...!
    Apologies for wasting your time... my screen name at the top of this forum is showing as Capt. T.T. Turk... how does that get changed my friend? What is Captain D****ss not doing here??? :|

Is it attached to a different email account, have I doubled up someplace? Yes, YES... you are absolutely right, I have, somehow, applied the change to my OLD account... the one I had stopped using for so long. When I came back I had lost all the details so I made this NEW account,

Can you change the Timelines and make that old account disappear so I can apply the name change to this one and only operate the one account please?
    Live Long and Prosper,
    T
  • Why can’t I write a new post? I can only comment on existing posts.
  • You need to be 2 stars to create a post. So either keep responding to posts or Shan has given people a second star before. But she will not be working today,
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can’t I write a new post? I can only comment on existing posts.

I gave you a badge so you have 2 stars now - you will need to log out and log back in to see the changes.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apologies for wasting your time... my screen name at the top of this forum is showing as Capt. T.T. Turk... how does that get changed my friend? What is Captain D****ss not doing here??? :|

Is it attached to a different email account, have I doubled up someplace? Yes, YES... you are absolutely right, I have, somehow, applied the change to my OLD account... the one I had stopped using for so long. When I came back I had lost all the details so I made this NEW account,

Can you change the Timelines and make that old account disappear so I can apply the name change to this one and only operate the one account please?
    Live Long and Prosper,
    T

I will look into it next week :)
  • @Shan surprised you are working on the holiday. happy thanksgiving
  • @Shan Thank you so much for your help! I already posted some new ideas to the forum! Happy to be part of this community. 🙏
  • Shan wrote: »

Live Long and Prosper,
    T

Many thanks Admiral and Happy Thanksgiving :)
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan Thank you so much for your help! I already posted some new ideas to the forum! Happy to be part of this community. 🙏

You are very welcome and we're glad to have you as well :)
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan surprised you are working on the holiday. happy thanksgiving

Thank you :) I hope you had a nice time.
    I logged in briefly to monitor the event start and took the opportunity to check on the forums as well :)
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

Live Long and Prosper,
    T

Many thanks Admiral and Happy Thanksgiving :)

Your other forum account is no more, you should be able to change the name on this one without issue now :)
  • Good evening Shan,
    Many thanks indeed for your assistance. Greatly appreciated.
    Live Long and Prosper (for Christmas...! Hehehe)
    Cheers,
    T