Home Make It So!

Once again, chat needs fixing

edited November 2022 in Make It So!
Somewhat of an old timer, and an admiral for several years, my pet peeve is still in-game chat. I can't effectively communicate with my team without a chat that works, and it just doesn't. How many times have I sent a private message to one of my players only to learn that it was never seen? An overhaul is needed. Agree? Let's hear from everyone who feels as I do.

Comments

• Agreed & seconded
  • edited December 2022
    Wouldn't hurt to add a copy function either. So you can post links and such for your team to copy.
  • agree. would like to see
    -more lines of fleet chat before disappearing
    -reliable PM
    -PM to players who may be offline so they see it when they sign on and see it
  • OMG YES! I only had one game wish this year - it wasn't new crew or even that awesome dil sale. It was CHAT FIXED! I recall something about it being unfixable at one time but. I still write letters to Santa for it.
  • Agreed. It shouldn’t be necessary to get a separate chat like discord to communicate with the players I can reach. I’m surprised that in-game chat is still such a problem 🤔
  • Chat doesn't need fixing. Chat needs ripped out of the game and recoded from the ground up. There's no fixing the disaster that's in-game now.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the VERY LEAST, they could increase the character count for the message of the day.

Instead of this:
    usu1uzpym0f4.jpg
    Something like this:
    v3j9i3ryj5w3.jpg

Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • AndrewAndrew ✭✭✭
    Chat doesn't need fixing. Chat needs ripped out of the game and recoded from the ground up. There's no fixing the disaster that's in-game now.

Probably the best option...
  • as a piece of data / observation ... I have three posions in Battleship Nagato and the fleet chat doesn't look the same between those positions ... some individuals in fleet are only visible to one or two positions ... add to that whole missing HOURS and it is very hard to read
  • My ?... if you can't fix the display, why can't a refresh button be added that pulls the last, oh idk 15 messages from the server. Iamtosk could do it, so I know the data is there.
  • ZorkZork ✭✭✭
    Chat is definitely FUBARed.

Another problem is if you type a message that is too long it just gets dropped and is not sent. No warning about "only 15 chars left", or even just stopping accepting new chars when the char limit has been reached.

True, most of the other problems with chat are worse, but it's so very annoying when it happens.
  • In-game chat being next to useless is my #1 Bugbear.

Yes please to fixing it.
  • DEIMOSDEIMOS ✭✭
    I agree, both message board and chat need to be fixed. Added characters to message board would help when posting daily achievements. Also the chat portion needs to be fixed with limit notification or at least do not erase the written chat if you go over the limit. I do not know how many times I have written explanations to help fleet trying to not exceed the message limits but don't know until I try to post...nothing and have to start all over again, on the message board you are stopped at the limit of available characters and can't type any more but the message doesn't disappear making you have to rewrite the whole message over again.