Home Make It So!
Options

The webstore needs values in local currency.

Here's a prime example of what i mean.

I bought the Campaign ultimate track for 32.99 AUD via the google play app last month. Webstore comes along and promises that it's cheaper than google play, better perks, etc... yadda yadda yadda.

I go to buy the Campaign for this month seeing the 24.99USd which ok, fine, I go to buy it, and it actually costs me 35.94 AUD to buy the campaign ultimate track.

So either it's a deliberate intention to fleece people from outside the US region, or something's gone seriously wrong there. As it's literally cheaper for me to buy the campaign track from Google Play than it is to buy from the "supposedly cheaper" web store.

All the offers are similar, 12.99 for 1000 chron offer in the google play app store is nearly 22.00 AUD for the same deal in the webstore. That seems backwards, by a lot.

Comments

• Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    If I buy the campaign tracks, I always do it in-game, because it gives me Google Play points and occasionally I can get a voucher for STT which is - in the whole picture - cheapurr. :) Also, for sum odd reason, buying it in-game isn't more expensive (even bare price).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    That's all well and good, but if they're claiming the web store is cheaper than buying in game and it's not... well, that's what's known as a lie. Certainly unconventional no doubt, but it's still not truthful to say that, especially in-game messages. Some countries have regulations about misrepresenting sales.
  • Options
    Still not in local currency so the specials are more expensive than buying through the app.

Also fun fact, maybe the devs should consider the fact that some countries are not America and do not have 5 digit zip codes?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count23 wrote: »
    Still not in local currency so the specials are more expensive than buying through the app.

Also fun fact, maybe the devs should consider the fact that some countries are not America and do not have 5 digit zip codes?

The store should adapt to your country regarding zip code requirement, it is not always the case and they are soon implementing a fix for it. You should be able to use 34000 or 09999.

As for the pricing, it is mainly due to fees linked to the payment method chosen (you can experiment with various payment methods if you that option) + the exchange rate. The goal was, and remains, to offer more interesting prices but unfortunately this will not necessarily have the same results in different countries.
  • Options
    My experience was the same as I contacted support about it, then never bought from webstore.