Home The Bridge

2023 Timelines Resolutions

ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
Inspired by the '22 topic of the same name, I have decided to lay out my 2023 Timelines Resolutions. These may seem tame to many of you as I have been away for a while, but hopefully these will be useful goals nonetheless.

1) Get to regular 12hr Voyages. I haven't even done one yet, but a lot of that is an unwillingness to keep an eye on a potentially failing voyage. This year I would like to get to the point where every voyage is going to 12hrs.

2) Get to 900 frozen crew. Only at 680 right now, so this may be a very long shot. Would be happy with 800 to be honest.

3) Do all of this without breaking the bank! :smile:

Comments

• Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only "official" things I haven't done in the game are win an event and get an FTM... neither of which seems likely in my future. Instead, I'll extend my 2022 goal structure into 2023.

1. Complete a 12hr voyage for all 30 skill combos. I've done 9 so far.
    2. Complete my TOS main cast immortalization goal from 2022. I have 8 cards remaining that need 22 stars.
    3. Inspired by the TOS goal... Immortalize all in-portal DS9 main cast 5* cards. I have 21 cards remaining that need 63 stars. (Yikes.)

Like the TOS goal before it, the DS9 goal will be aspirational rather than attainable in its first year, but it will give me a strategic purpose for those times when things are less engaging.

• Good idea. I've not thought about it before, but there are a couple things I'd like to achieve this year:
    • Top 25 in an event
    • Level one "rare" legendary ship to level 10
    • Level Captain's Bridge of current and upcoming boss to level 20
    • Have a top notch immortalized boss battle crew
    • Regular 12h voyages as well
    • Max out crew slots (excluding the VIP ones - currently at 595)
    • 750 immortalized crew (curreltly at 571)
    • Have all gauntlet only crew (Guinan and Caretaker still missing)
    • Open 100 begolds in honor sales
  • ShadowconmasterShadowconmaster ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    I like this idea. It's nice to be able to look back at this during the year. Here is my list:
    1. Max Crew Slots (Currently at 875/1035)
    2. Maintain All Honor Crew immed and hopefully "Imm" the Honor Ship
    3. Have Less then 50 missing Portal Crew
    4. Get Red Angel(only Gauntlet Crew I need)
    5. Complete 23 collections. Have 43 left.
    6. Get Top 750 in every event
    7. Have 67% of all Crew Immed. Stretch goal is 75%.
    8. Have less than 80 years left for Citations
  • Here's what I'm going for:

1. Collect everyone from Far Beyond The Stars
    Chances: High. I didn't get Willie Hawkins from his 6 pack, but the moment he enters the portal he's my first pull, and then I'll have everyone (so far).

2. Collect all the dogs
    Chances: Unknown. I missed Camping Archer and Porthos both times they were available, but a portal update will fix that. The problem is Puppy Janeway. I didn't shell out the big bucks for her, and I have no idea when she'll finally be in the portal. I feel like it could be a while.

3. Get a 12 hour voyage
    Chances: Low. I constantly sail past 10 hours, but 11 is still infrequent, and my personal best is 11:26. 12 hours feels like a stretch right now.

4. Immortalize 100 legendaries
    Chances: Questionable. I'm sitting on 71 right now. Finishing one every other week seems tough, but doable.

5. Immortalize half the crew
    Chances: Medium. I was surprised to see I'm up to 47% (618/1313) but it seems like such a hard climb.

6. Finish another Grand Slam
    Chances: Medium. That's my name for it at least, when I can immortalize a character at all 5 rarity levels. I've done it with Spock, Picard, and oddly enough, Neelix. My best chance now is with Jadzia, with Riker and Odo other possibilities.

7. Send more interesting voyages
    Chances: Guaranteed. One thing I like to do when I'm bored is send out theme voyages. I did my first single character one this year with 12 Picards, something I'd been wanting to do for a while. I also sent one with 12 non-humanoids, and one with 12 guest starring actors I know from other shows. I'd like to dream up a few more other fun ones to do.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    My number one resolution is that by the end of this year, I want our fleet to have beaten the Ultra-Nightmare level Doomsday Machine. God, what I'd give to get just five of our older players to return to the game...!

Collection Objectives
    *Maintain 100% on DS9-centric collections ("Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang," "Our Man Bashir," and "Play Ball!"). Hoping for a "Far Beyond the Stars" collection this year. For that, I still need:
    -Julius Eaton
    -Roy Ritterhouse

*Maintain 100% Ezri, Odo, Jadzia, and Kira
    -Need the brand new Surrogate Kira and the upcoming Jadzia Shan started a thread about recently

*Immortalize all crew from Star Trek VI. Currently need to finish:
    -Admiral Cartwright 3/5
    -Chancellor Gorkon 2/5
    -First Officer Chekov 1/5
    -General Chang 4/5
    -UFP President Ra-ghoratreii 1/5
  • Get the bugs out of the game.
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get the bugs out of the game.

How are you planning to achieve this?
  • timelines_qtimelines_q ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Find every bug and spend a developer ;)
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Glad to see I'm not the only one that likes doing this. Here's for 2023.

Seventy percent of the crew immortal.
    I'm sittin at 819 immortal, 62.04%, right now due to some fortuitous pulls and some citation use this week. I switched to finishing more golds than purples early in 2022, because I'm gaining on the super rares. I'm missing four and have sixteen needing stars. Only five of those are the Portal- two need one star, two need two stars, and one needs three (Hansens).
    January- 5* x9 & 4* x5 for 828/1326 (62.44%)
    February- 5*
    March-
    April-
    May-
    June-
    July-
    August-
    September-
    October-
    November-
    December-

Ten crew for each skill over 1700 base.
    Security is there at 1716 at tenth place. Science is my problem child. It's at 1638. The Portal update really helps by adding my missing scientists. I will need to combine Retrieval, new crew, and buffs to get this one, but I did it with Med.

Have an immortal gold of each series regular for events.
    I got my mains, now I want to round out the main cast. it's a short list in most cases:
    TOS- Scotty, Sulu, Chekhov (I know I'll finish a Scotty soon)
    TAS- M'Ress and Arex
    TNG- Yar and Wesley
    DS9- O'Brien, Bashir, and Ezri, and Odo.
    VOY- So stubborn- Chakotay, Torres, Tuvok, Kes, Neelix, and Kim (Human Torres needs two stars. It have a Chakotay, Fury Kes, and several more of Torres FE)
    ENT- Reed!!!
    DSC- Lorca, Airiam, Detmer, Tyler, and Nhan (I need to check the cast list for the series to figure out it I'm missing someone and I'm close on Mirror Detmer- 2*s.
    PIC- Raffi and Mutation
    Lower Decks and SNW have pretty big lists yet, but I have good chances of getting them this year. I made great, great progress shortening the list in 2022 and made a fantastic start in 2023.

January- I knocked Stamets, Odo, and Narek off the list.
    February- Added another Janeway to my pool and should add two Siskos.

Get another crew from Gauntlet.
    I got two last year, so one is likely. I won't get greedy and expect two.
    I picked up Bartender Guinan from the Bartender pack, so I did get one the weird way.

Regularly place in the Top 1500 and get my Top 250 achievement.
    Went 22 in 52 last year. Almost half. I'm aiming for 30/52 and my achievement
    January-

Get all the Voyage combos over ten and a half hours.
    Slow progess, but I should get an antimatter boost from my Bridge this month.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
    I fell short of earning a Surrogate Kira in this past event, but I took a chance on a pack and lucked into her. Went ahead and used four of my remaining citations to immortalize her, keeping me at 100% of Kiras.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    2023 Timelines Resolutions

1 - Get Frantic McCoy from Fleet Boss Battles
    2 - Get 12-Hour Voyages regularly. Let's say twelve 12-Hours - one a month.
    3 - Win a Gauntlet Round.
    4 - Get Steeler Nation Fleet Starbase to Level 120 (active donors welcome!)
    5 - Finish Greens and Blues on Nightmare Alt
    6 - Balance game screen time with physical activity once I recover from Covid.

Similar to last year's with a few changes due to successful completion of 2022 resolutions.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • I like this idea. It's nice to be able to look back at this during the year. Here is my list:
      *] Have less than 80 years left for Citations

80 YEARS?! good googaley-moogaley! I have 3.5 years, but I changed the Honor required to 10,000 instead of 50,000 because I wait for honor sales, although I get a deficit of 4 stars when I get a new peep instead of staring a peep, at least I'm not looking at 80 YEARS, only 16 (when I changed it back to 50k)!!! YMMV LL&P
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 43 super-rare citations. (44 This morning).

I'm going to immortalise all super-rare rank event crew the week I get them, rather than leaving them at 3/4 for a year.

I also plan on finishing my (current) voyage crew.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 43 super-rare citations. (44 This morning).

I'm going to immortalise all super-rare rank event crew the week I get them, rather than leaving them at 3/4 for a year.

I also plan on finishing my (current) voyage crew.

Portal is not shrinking, so I will do the same for events in which I participate. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Get better at trolling :)
  • working on FE my FF 4*. 3 done, 21 to go. also FF the 3/4 ones, 23 there. and finally got a 5/5 in the Convergence day without cite. 221 immortal, possibly get to 250-275 with out 1-3 star. 63 4* immortals already. i only play casual so its a big step.
  • 1/4 of the way through the year, time for a progress check:
    This would've been easier to answer a week ago :D I was there when I got Willie Hawkins in retrieval. I'll keep the collection complete, I got Night Writing Benny last week, The Preacher this week and I'm well on pace to get Darlene Kursky as well.
    2. Collect all the dogs
    I got Camping Archer and Porthos out of retrieval, now it's just waiting to see when Puppy Janeway goes into the portal.
    3. Get a 12 hour voyage
    I feel like not only am I not making progress, but I'm getting worse. Need to rethink my strategies here. I did have one fluke voyage that got me to a personal best 11:42 a couple weeks ago, but I'm not even cracking 11:00 on a consistent basis.
    In the last three months I've gone for 71 to 79. At that pace I would reach 103 by year's end.
    I've gone from 47.07% (618/1313) to 48.11% (348/1347). At that rate I would reach 51.23% at year's end.
    6. Finish another Grand Slam (immortalize a character at all 5 rarity levels)
    This hasn't been a big priority, but it turns out I backdoored one. I was close with Jadzia, having 1-4 star versions done and needing a couple of stars on a 5*. I haven't finished her off yet, but with having Esteemed Curzon Dax FFFE it means I have completed a Grand Slam for Dax. That counts for something I guess :D .
    I've played around a little with this, but right now I've got a bit of a roster crunch that makes things more difficult.

I forgot to add one when I started this, finally immortalize a gauntlet exclusive. I don't know if that will ever happen, the only one I even have at 4 stars is Locutus, but I'll keep trying.
    Q1 review:
    My number one resolution is that by the end of this year, I want our fleet to have beaten the Ultra-Nightmare level Doomsday Machine.
    Hasn't happened yet.
    Collection Objectives
    *Maintain 100% on DS9-centric collections ("Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang," "Our Man Bashir," and "Play Ball!"). Hoping for a "Far Beyond the Stars" collection this year. For that, I still need:
    -Julius Eaton
    -Roy Ritterhouse
    I've retrieved Julius Eaton and a second star for him. Still don't have Roy Ritterhouse. Since my original post, they've added Night Writing Benny Russell (won a 1/5 in his event) and Darlene Kursky. I'm on pace to win her, though how many copies is up in the air. I'm ready to cite her the rest of the way to immortality.
    -Need the brand new Surrogate Kira and the upcoming Jadzia Shan started a thread about recently

Surrogate Kira acquired and immortalized, along with Symbiont Pool Jadzia. Still in the process of trying to win the aforementioned Darlene Kursky.
    -Admiral Cartwright 3/5
    -Chancellor Gorkon 2/5
    -General Chang 4/5
    Finished Admiral Cartwright and General Chang. The others remain as they were. They also added Chief Engineer Scott. Irrespective of WRG's flavor text establishing him as being from VI, the artwork is unmistakably from II. I don't regard him as necessary for my collecting purposes.
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    Inspired by the '22 topic of the same name, I have decided to lay out my 2023 Timelines Resolutions. These may seem tame to many of you as I have been away for a while, but hopefully these will be useful goals nonetheless.

1) Get to regular 12hr Voyages. I haven't even done one yet, but a lot of that is an unwillingness to keep an eye on a potentially failing voyage. This year I would like to get to the point where every voyage is going to 12hrs.

2) Get to 900 frozen crew. Only at 680 right now, so this may be a very long shot. Would be happy with 800 to be honest.

3) Do all of this without breaking the bank! :smile:

1) I didn't define regular. I got my first 12hr Voyage on Jan 26th and have 8th in total so far. I think regular meant more often than not, so not there yet. To be fair I am not super active, so it's probable I'm only getting 4hrs of Voyage a day. If I played more often this number would be higher. It's good progress though.

2) 731 so far. I say frozen, but I meant immortalised. On track for 800, but not 900 which was expected.

3) I bought a lot of the disco offers when I came back because it was just good value (about €2/legendary), but since then, just the monthly campaign 3 times and 1 monthly card. I'd buy the Leap year offer if it came up, but other than that happy to stick with just buying the premium campaign going forward.
  • I like this idea. It's nice to be able to look back at this during the year. Here is my list:

1. Hasn't been a crew slot sale in Q1. They increased max to 1060
    2. Honor ship at 5/10
    3. Only missing 54
    4. Now missing 3.... I am not happy
    5. Have 16/56 done.....
    6. So far so good
    7. Currently at 65%
    8. At 109 years

1. Hasn't been a crew slot sale in Q1. They increased max to 1060
    2. Honor ship at 5/10
    3. Only missing 54
    4. Now missing 3.... I am not happy
    5. Have 16/56 done.....
    6. So far so good
    7. Currently at 65%
    8. At 109 years

Half way thru 2023.

1. Maxed crew slots to 1060 last sale. Recently they just released 25 more, but hasn't been a sale.
    2. 2 Honor ships now........ 1/10 and 5/10.
    3. Down to 9 crew. Next Portal Update will potentially add 11 more.
    4. Down to 2 missing....
    5. 21/59
    6. Modifying this as we have had 2 events with the reward 5* already immed. Currently, I have placed top 750 for new/non immed events.
    7. 937/1387 = 67.5%... time for the stretch goal.
    8. 95 years, 2 months, 5 days.
  • Mid-year progress check:
    Arrrgh. I was cruising along just fine, had everyone, then they made Albert Macklin the super mega ultra premium track. I'm cheap, so I never buy that track. Do I break open the wallet, or wait who knows how long to keep my collection complete? On the last day of the campaign I broke down and bought it :D .
    2. Collect all the dogs
    Still in a holding pattern here, waiting for Puppy Janeway to hit the portal.
    3. Get a 12 hour voyage
    Was starting to get totally discouraged on this one, then just today got to 11:39. Maybe it's coming?
    From the end of March to now I've gone from 79 to 93, plus I'm sitting on three gold citations. This one is practically a done deal.
    Just like the first quarter of the year, I've increased by 1%. I'm at 682/1387 (49.17%). This is looking better and better.
    6. Finish another Grand Slam (immortalize a character at all 5 rarity levels)
    I picked off a pair here. CPD Riker gave me the chance to add him to the list since I already had the first four, and I finished off Honey Bare Jadzia to add her. That give me six total, counting Jadzia and Dax separately since I previously finished Dax off with Curzon.
    No progress here thanks to a pretty big roster crunch. I've now solved that by doing something I never would've dreamed of when I was starting out, freezing a batch of legendaries. The idea of an immortal gold being useless to me would've sounded like nonsense back in the day, but that's how mature the roster has gotten.
    8. Immortalize a gauntlet exclusive
    No progress on this. RNG hates me :D
    Q1 review:
    My number one resolution is that by the end of this year, I want our fleet to have beaten the Ultra-Nightmare level Doomsday Machine.
    Hasn't happened yet.
    Still hasn't happened yet. We're in desperate need of new members.
    Collection Objectives
    -Julius Eaton
    -Roy Ritterhouse
    I've retrieved Julius Eaton and a second star for him. Still don't have Roy Ritterhouse. Since my original post, they've added Night Writing Benny Russell (won a 1/5 in his event) and Darlene Kursky. I'm on pace to win her, though how many copies is up in the air. I'm ready to cite her the rest of the way to immortality.
    Immortalized Julius Eaton and Darlene Kursky. Night Writing Benny Russell remains at 1/5. Still do not have Roy Ritterhouse. Since my last update, they added Albert Maklin as the ultra premium crew member in a campaign. I elected not to spend $25 so it'll be quite awhile before I get a crack at him, I expect.

Surrogate Kira acquired and immortalized, along with Symbiont Pool Jadzia. Still in the process of trying to win the aforementioned Darlene Kursky.
    Currently completed! In fact, I've also been working on Esteemed Curzon Dax, who would get me to 100% on all existing Daxes.
    -Admiral Cartwright 3/5
    -Chancellor Gorkon 2/5
    -General Chang 4/5
    Finished Admiral Cartwright and General Chang. The others remain as they were. They also added Chief Engineer Scott. Irrespective of WRG's flavor text establishing him as being from VI, the artwork is unmistakably from II. I don't regard him as necessary for my collecting purposes.
    Currently completed -- excepting the aforementioned Chief Engineer Scott whom I maintain is clearly from Star Trek II, not VI.
  • General MortarsGeneral Mortars ✭✭✭✭
    • Top 25 in an event

Top 31 so far...
    [*] Level one "rare" legendary ship to level 10

USS Roddenberry lack 915 schematics, Ni Var lacks 1325. That's gonna be a close call.
    [*] Level Captain's Bridge of current and upcoming boss to level 20

Done, level 25.
    [*] Have a top notch immortalized boss battle crew

Done, TACO Mayweather, Dereth, Demo Scotty, SF Phlox.
    [*] Regular 12h voyages as well

Done, 12h about 50% of voyages.
    [*] Max out crew slots (excluding the VIP ones - currently at 595)

Now at 655, not gonna happen.
    [*] 750 immortalized crew (curreltly at 571)

Now at 678, close call as well.
    [*] Have all gauntlet only crew (Guinan and Caretaker still missing)

Guinan still missing.
    [*] Open 100 begolds in honor sales

I haven't counted, but not gonna be a problem with the honor coming in from FBB.
  • Time for a Q3 progress report.

No change here since no new characters were introduced in the last 3 months, still got them all.
    2. Collect all the dogs

Puppy Janeway was my first pull after the portal update, so I've gotten to 100% here too.
    3. Get a 12 hour voyage

After resisting forever, I finally joined a fleet a couple of months ago. I really should've done it sooner, I don't know why I was such a holdout. One place it really helped was on voyages. I'm not a 12 hour regular by any means, but I've now gotten there a few times, with a best of 12:30.

I hit 100 on the nose early last week to finish this one off, and did it in style. More on that later.

This one is slowing down a bit and becoming pretty questionable. After making good progress earlier in the year, I only went from 49.17% (682/1387) to 49.37% (707/1432) over the last 3 months. I'll need to pick up the pace.

No progress on this one over the last quarter, and I don't expect there to be any for a while. The only 3 eligible characters left are Odo, Chakotay and Wesley, and I'm not close on any, so unless there's a 4/5 giveaway on one I won't be finishing any more of these any time soon.

This one has been on the back burner for a while.

I've had plenty of high finishes in the gauntlet, but early last week I had my first win in years. And with that, the first loot box finally ended years of frustration and gave me my very first 5th star on a gauntlet character. It was Armus. And with that I killed two birds with one stone, because that was also by 100th immortal legendary. Pretty nice pull for me!
  • Here's the end of the year progress report:

No new crew introduced so still 100%.
    2. Collect all the dogs

Again, no new crew introduced so still 100%.
    3. Get a 12 hour voyage

Introducing the Continuum missions certainly has changed this one up. I've now broken the 13 hour mark thanks to Quipment buffs.

I'll finish the year at 110, with two citations still to burn.

I'm going to come heartbreakingly close but not quite. I'll finish the year at 733/1478 (49.59%). I was 6 crew short.

No progress here.

Nothing to report here either. It was really too open-ended of a goal, I need something with more specifics.

Still just sitting at 1, but I do have Locutus at 4 stars, so there's hope.
  • General MortarsGeneral Mortars ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Top 31 so far...

Top 3. Next year: Top 1.
    [*] Level one "rare" legendary ship to level 10

USS Roddenberry lack 915 schematics, Ni Var lacks 1325. That's gonna be a close call.

415 schematics to go for USS Roddenberry. Next year... The new ship beholds in voyages make it possible.
    [*] Level Captain's Bridge of current and upcoming boss to level 20

Done, level 25.

Level 30 now.
    [*] Have a top notch immortalized boss battle crew

Done, TACO Mayweather, Dereth, Demo Scotty, SF Phlox.

Already done at half year.
    [*] Regular 12h voyages as well

Done, 12h about 50% of voyages.

14 h is the new 12h. Next year: at least one natural 16 h voyage.
    [*] Max out crew slots (excluding the VIP ones - currently at 595)

Now at 655, not gonna happen.

Now at 720 crew slots. Same goal next year.
    [*] 750 immortalized crew (curreltly at 571)

Now at 678, close call as well.

Now at 756. Next year: 1000.
    [*] Have all gauntlet only crew (Guinan and Caretaker still missing)

Guinan still missing.

Guinan has joined the crew. Next year: have all of them immortalized and quipped.
    [*] Open 100 begolds in honor sales

I haven't counted, but not gonna be a problem with the honor coming in from FBB.
    [/quote]

I finished this year with almost all of my things finished.

1. Max Crew Slots--- I am at 1125/1150, the last 25 have not been put on sale yet.
    2. I have all Honor crew Immed, I am have a 6/10 and a 1/10 for Honor Ship
    3. I have every crew in game that is in the Portal, Gauntlet, and Voyages.
    4. Gauntlet crew are done
    5. I have only 14 collections left. This means I completed 55-14 = 41 collections on the year.
    6. I got top 750 in all but 3 events. 2 of which the Gold reward was a Flashback crew that I already had Immed. The other was a Faction event when I was on a cruise.
    7. I have 1130/1478 immed. Which is 76.5%. I surpassed my stretch goal.
    8. I have 62 years left on Citations.

Things I accomplished not on my original list.
    1. 1st place in an event. This was a Skirmish Hybrid and all my points where done during the Skirmish part(13.5 mil). I think some of the Space Junkies and Second Star to the Right felt bad for me and let me have this.
    2. I got 2 First to Max crew done. This was something I never thought to try for and was surprised I got two.