Home Engineering Room

Unable to log into the game from Thailand

MarqMarq ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Engineering Room
Hi, i have a local high speed mobile data plan and played Timelines without issues until yesterday. For the last 10 hours i have been unable to login, while web, mail, videostreaming and another game are working as usual. Force quit and hard iPhone reset had no effect. As soon as the load screen gets to „Communicating with Starfleet“ it‘s turning and waiting and nothing… help?

Comments

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry this is happening, is it still an issue now?
    Your internet connection is obviously working but that does not mean that there is not an outage somewhere along the various routes your connection takes from our location to ours.
  • Thanks for caring Shan!
    Yeah, I figured it must be a routing thing, too bad.
    I was locked out completely for 30h, then it worked like nothing ever happened, but I had two shorter outages again since. So for now it’s on and off, but mostly on…
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marq wrote: »
    Thanks for caring Shan!
    Yeah, I figured it must be a routing thing, too bad.
    I was locked out completely for 30h, then it worked like nothing ever happened, but I had two shorter outages again since. So for now it’s on and off, but mostly on…

I am very sorry it lasted this long :(
  • I had a similar issue recently, which resolved itself, but I am curious if anyone has insights as to an explanation...

For a couple of days, I could not log into the game from my home WiFi (which I have been using to play the game for years). Turning of my phones WiFi and letting it go to 4G instead, it did log in. It also logged in on WiFi from other locations.

Interestingly, if at home, and I turned of the phone WiFi to log in, I could turn it back one immediately after log in, and play the game through WiFi with no problem. The problem was only with the log-in step itself.

Does that behavior (especially the last part) make sense to anyone?

As I said, it cleared itself up after about 2 days, so there is no remaining issue. I am asking purely out of curiosity.