Home The Bridge

Is a new gauntlet crew on the way?

Just noticed this in the collections

zua7kpirb2kl.jpg

Has a new crew been announced? Or is this just a glitch?

Comments

• Seems like it’s too soon - the last 2 IIRC were released around mid year.
  • 👀
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've still only got 2 of the current ones. :-(
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 of the current 7.....
  • I have all of them, with Armus being the only one I’ve immortalized. I’ve made playing gauntlet more of a priority so hopefully I can get more copies of the others to drop. 😊
  • I never got Locutus when he was the only gauntlet crew. He only dropped for me when they made all the past ones available again. And I play gauntlet pretty regularly.
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Team More Content, always.
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    God aka Sha Ka Ree from ST5 or Admiral McCoy from the first episode of TNG.
    7ug1vbp0nc4l.jpg
    fppcoja6dody.gif

• Smiley WirelessSmiley Wireless ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    I hope not just yet. Have been throwing way too many resources at gauntlet lately in a dash to get the current crew. In doing so, scored 6 of the others but no Koloth. If it's meant to be a coin-flip between current/the rest, I keep betting on heads and getting tails. Boooo!

Perhaps another clue - the main prize icon is missing. Tried it on different versions of the client so it's not a glitch... :o

f9mvdkbqdubg.png

• SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    I hope not just yet. Have been throwing way too many resources at gauntlet lately in a dash to get the current crew. In doing so, scored 6 of the others but no Koloth. If it's meant to be a coin-flip between current/the rest, I keep betting on heads and getting tails. Boooo!

Perhaps another clue - the main prize icon is missing. Tried it on different versions of the client so it's not a glitch... :o

f9mvdkbqdubg.png

Same situation: crew gauntlet reward missing
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    I've got all gauntlet crew now, but only the current one completed (joined in 2020, so 1 or 2/5 for all older crew). I have 2x Balok, 4/5 and 1/5, as 2x copies are more use for high crit rounds than a 5/5.
    I'd like to echo calls for a historical behold. Maybe it can be tested as a portal giveaway, to help veterans complete a legacy crew, and allow newer players the chance to secure a copy of Locutus or Red Angel etc to have a better chance to compete.
  • Well the collection is called A New Challenger Approaches so you could be on to something.
  • I hope not, and if so, i hope they introduce a gaunt behold for the older gaunt crew, instead of the random drop.
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I've always been on team create more gauntlet crew. Create strong crew for all the skill pairs so it's impossible to pick all for a gauntlet. Then you eliminate a bunch of the walls because not everyone will have picked the same crew.

Seconding both of these. I'm still missing the Klingons, Red Angel and Caretaker and need more stars on Guinan and Locutus; however, the game keeps dropping me Balok (who I already finished with citations) even though he's no longer featured. A behold that lets you choose would be fantastic.

More Gauntlet crew would be nice, but a wider range of featured traits might accomplish the same goal of making more crew viable for Gauntlet. Either way, it'd be great to get away from "wall of the same five crew you can only beat if you also have that crew".
  • I'll suggest this again - gauntlet crew drops should be the new mixed behold types, with 1 being the current crew and the other 2 choices from previous crew. That brings everyone "up to speed" quicker since you only need 1 copy to be competitive, but also lets you fully fuse who you want.

At least a very high chance of current crew. It doesn't necessarily have to be guaranteed.
    And also beholds need to expire whenever new gauntlet crew arrives, so that players who have saved their beholds can redeem them for the new crew which they haven't earned. Or new crew must be excluded from old beholds.
  • I'll suggest this again - gauntlet crew drops should be the new mixed behold types, with 1 being the current crew and the other 2 choices from previous crew. That brings everyone "up to speed" quicker since you only need 1 copy to be competitive, but also lets you fully fuse who you want.

At least a very high chance of current crew. It doesn't necessarily have to be guaranteed.
    And also beholds need to expire whenever new gauntlet crew arrives, so that players who have saved their beholds can redeem them for the new crew which they haven't earned. Or new crew must be excluded from old beholds.

I don't know what you mean by saving gauntlet beholds. My idea is that when opening a loot box from the gauntlet you'd get a mixed behold instead of the current here-take-this random gauntlet crew. I may be missing something here...
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    I'll suggest this again - gauntlet crew drops should be the new mixed behold types, with 1 being the current crew and the other 2 choices from previous crew. That brings everyone "up to speed" quicker since you only need 1 copy to be competitive, but also lets you fully fuse who you want.

And this would probably stop those that are still playing gauntlet from continue playing as it will make finishing off the gauntlet crew so much easier

After that, it's pretty much just OE's? 🤷‍♂️
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    chdjw27w38qd.png
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    chdjw27w38qd.png

Please don't make Excretus of Borg a gauntlet crew. It's the worst mechanic in the game, and even if you really commit to it you might never get him.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    I'll suggest this again - gauntlet crew drops should be the new mixed behold types, with 1 being the current crew and the other 2 choices from previous crew. That brings everyone "up to speed" quicker since you only need 1 copy to be competitive, but also lets you fully fuse who you want.

And this would probably stop those that are still playing gauntlet from continue playing as it will make finishing off the gauntlet crew so much easier

I can see both sides of the debate. It would be nice to get a behold that had the most current crew and two other older crew to pick from. And as you say, it would seem to make it easier to get the most current crew member and potentially lessen involvement from other players.

Edit* I do mean Gauntlet crew for the behold mentioned above, not all potential crew in the game.

I wish they would alter the rewards a bit in the Gauntlet, to add something equally as sought after as the crew possibly. I’m not sure what that would be? But I do wish they would enhance the play in the Gauntlet. Several options to tweak the play have been offered by players. Otherwise, at least in my case, I will play until I can earn a copy of the new crew and them I’m done. At that point, I don’t care to play the Gauntlet anymore. Less desirable rewards, walls of the same character, and nothing to really play for, ensure that.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭

I can see both sides of the debate. It would be nice to get a behold that had the most current crew and two other older crew to pick from. And as you say, it would seem to make it easier to get the most current crew member.

Not just the current but any of the gauntlet crew.

I am lucky to have all 7. The only one I have immortalized is the caretaker - which I did in my early days by citing him, & I also DYCed Guinan - again before I learned better from others 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Of course I got another copy of Caretaker 😆 but don't believe in taking dupe copies into gauntlet matches

Unless they release new gauntlet exclusive crew with higher frequency than they have so far, or make the rewards better (get rid of the trainers and random equipment for extra valor / quantum / 4* or 5* cites / etc).
  • So, they just announced First Flight Archer as the new gauntlet crew. I kinda hope that he has a high engineering proficiency. That's the skill thats sorely lacking.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you were lucky and had the dil, you could have pulled a copy of Guinan earlier! ;)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirRogue wrote: »
    So I have to wonder as the neigh-impossible-to-obtain gauntlet exclusive crew pile up, will we ever see a shift in how they are distributed? With eight distinct crew and the rarity lower then one in every 12 blue moons, it feels like overloading an already hard-to-fish pool. Perhaps increased the odds of older cards coming up for each new exclusive, so Locutus appears with significantly increased (like, 5% instead of .005%) likelihood because he's the oldest, and K&K only get a small bump as Archer comes out.
    My preference, though, would be something as simple as making each appearance of non-currently-featured gauntlet-exclusive crew be a behold of all previous gauntlet-exclusive crew. Give people a chance of getting the one they are still missing, or picking the one that would help them most if they need lots, or not getting a copy of one they already have immortalized. There may be worse things than getting your seventh copy of The Caretaker when you still need your first copy of Guinan, Armus, and Balok, but I can't really think of any at the moment. Since the non-featured cards are currently (ostensibly) all the same rarity, it wouldn't really change any odds, and would throw a bone to those who feel like giving up on the gauntlet as the increased number of cards drastically decreases their chance of getting the older ones they still need.

What do you say, @WRG Team ? Make the Gauntlet reward a behold!

I'm of two minds on this. On the one hand the people that tend to complain about missing gauntlet crew are also the people who complain about gauntlet and say they don't play it. The people who regularly play gauntlet mostly seem to have collected all the crew.

On the other hand, as the pool of previous characters continues to grow, making the old gauntlet crew a behold between 3 of them wouldn't be that big of a change and would help players a bit. Plus it doesn't really harm players who have all the crew and makes collecting dupes easier.

Overall I think I'm in favor of the legacy gauntlet behold.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    SirRogue wrote: »
    So I have to wonder as the neigh-impossible-to-obtain gauntlet exclusive crew pile up, will we ever see a shift in how they are distributed? With eight distinct crew and the rarity lower then one in every 12 blue moons, it feels like overloading an already hard-to-fish pool. Perhaps increased the odds of older cards coming up for each new exclusive, so Locutus appears with significantly increased (like, 5% instead of .005%) likelihood because he's the oldest, and K&K only get a small bump as Archer comes out.
    My preference, though, would be something as simple as making each appearance of non-currently-featured gauntlet-exclusive crew be a behold of all previous gauntlet-exclusive crew. Give people a chance of getting the one they are still missing, or picking the one that would help them most if they need lots, or not getting a copy of one they already have immortalized. There may be worse things than getting your seventh copy of The Caretaker when you still need your first copy of Guinan, Armus, and Balok, but I can't really think of any at the moment. Since the non-featured cards are currently (ostensibly) all the same rarity, it wouldn't really change any odds, and would throw a bone to those who feel like giving up on the gauntlet as the increased number of cards drastically decreases their chance of getting the older ones they still need.

What do you say, @WRG Team ? Make the Gauntlet reward a behold!

I'm of two minds on this. On the one hand the people that tend to complain about missing gauntlet crew are also the people who complain about gauntlet and say they don't play it. The people who regularly play gauntlet mostly seem to have collected all the crew.

On the other hand, as the pool of previous characters continues to grow, making the old gauntlet crew a behold between 3 of them wouldn't be that big of a change and would help players a bit. Plus it doesn't really harm players who have all the crew and makes collecting dupes easier.

Overall I think I'm in favor of the legacy gauntlet behold.

I had the same thought. Keep the new gauntlet crew harder to get, while giving players better odds at tracking down missing past gauntlet crew via the secondary rewards pool.