Home The Bridge

Event Discussion - Skirmish/Galaxy Event Notes: A Thousand Lifetimes (Arc #1) - 2023-02-

Comments

• SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    Can we have the entire schedule (events overview) for Trill Mega? Thank you.
  • Sonja wrote: »
    Can we have the entire schedule (events overview) for Trill Mega? Thank you.

on it
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you tell us the duration of the mega packs that will launch at the beginning of the mega event? How long will they be available?

And since they come early will they have the same price as before?
  • seems like lots of testing out new things with mega recap packs. first none last month and now available all month. you know what they say about if it ain’t broke don’t fix it….
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Interesting. So all the crew will be in the vault from the start of the event. We know there won't be delays caused by art approvals. There will be a lot of FTMs shortly after the pack goes live, and players vying for a FTM may get a better chance.

One collection for sisko, two if we get an event collection.

sihm3hoq60ug.jpg
    jeb9vaa4ig38.jpg
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    seems like lots of testing out new things with mega recap packs. first none last month and now available all month. you know what they say about if it ain’t broke don’t fix it….

You know what they say when you assume...

Do we know sales numbers? Do we know how it has trended over time? Do we know event pack sales numbers?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the Event rewards got better (a year ago?) and the competition became more fierce, I found I could not reach Top 1000 as “easily” as before. Missed Top 1500 a few Events and realized it was okay.

Other than a hard run one weekend (#6), I let them happen and usually stop at 130K or whatever the VP is needed for the SR.

I am thankful for getting more time back. Even just sitting in front of the TV, thoughtlessly tapping on my screen wears me out more than I’d like. Skirmishes and Galaxies are just time-consumers; Galaxies have the additional issue of being major resource-consumers as well.

I am not promoting giving up on whatever makes you happy in the game— but I will say I have liked the game more when I took some time away from it.

I definitely rate Skirmishes over Galaxies. At least in a a Skirmish you can use the Chronitons Intel mining to Equip/Level Crew.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    I would also prefer a pure Skirmish event like in the past. Probably pure skirmish events are becoming rare because honor offers with $$$. Skirmish events are a good source for honor, chrons-> honor=legendary citations. If the new strategy is to increase revenues, players to buy with $$$$ more packs which contain honor, chrons, legendary citations, this is a direction: decreasing pure Skirmish events....it is all about the money it seems.
    e.g. 100 $ offer
    dattqv39usei.jpg

And yes....Thursday, Friday are not the best days for Skirmish due to low availability -> work, school etc
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Webberoni wrote: »
    imdwalrus wrote: »
    Are pure skirmish events dead now? The last one we had started December 8th. By the time this mega is over it'll have been over three months since the last one.

I'm very disappointed by this. Those weekends were typically how I'd build up my characters, and putting the skirmish portion of hybrid events on Thursday and Friday usually means I just can't play in them. Pair that with how Galaxy events (which we just had a month straight of galaxy or half galaxy weekends) are monotonous chroniton sinks with little return to the player in comparison... it's mostly just making me not want to play the events.

While I like galaxy events for the fact we get a FF new 4* for free (unless that is offset by a second new 4* or 5* crew shoehorned into the reward structure), the recent schedule has been boring and uninspired. By the time we finish the 3rd leg of this mega event, we will have had a full or partial galaxy event in 7 of 8 straight weeks!

We need more full skirmishes, more skirmish/faction hybrids, a revival of expedition (or even an expedition hybrid), a new event type, or just a weekend off (WRG can take that time to address long-outstanding QOL updates, FBB updates, or just to get ahead of the game when it comes to art approvals).

As for mega events, I wish they'd go back to being a quarterly or even semi-annual thing, as opposed to being every other month (back-to-back months after the convergence day mega). Mega events used to be something special to look forward to. Now when I read a mega announcement the only thing that I think about is the need to clear yet another crew slot for the recurring 5*.

Events, mega events, midweek events, and even fleet boss battles have become incredibly redundant, to the point that everything is starting to feel like a deliberate in-game resource draining grind. It's worrisome when the game starts to feel more like a chore than a fun break.

Mega events have always been bi-monthly

I don't like the mega recap packs being available right at the start. Think it's a very bad move
    I'm not too sure if it will cause less competition because people will already have the cards & don't need to get them or more because they are more equipped
  • Are events going to be 75% Galaxy (including hybrids) from now on @WRG Ben ?

Certainly seems that way. Better start increasing the amount of chrons you give away per event 🙄
  • SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    Are events going to be 75% Galaxy (including hybrids) from now on @WRG Ben ?

Certainly seems that way. Better start increasing the amount of chrons you give away per event 🙄

It will be better to bring pure skirmish events back for diversity. Game is becoming dull to play same type of events: galaxy & faction even if we receive more new crew. It is nice to get new crew with better stats, people will jump at first to buy resources (chrons, legendary citations, shuttles etc), revenue increases, but at some point the game will be come boring, repetitive: galaxy, faction/galaxy, galaxy again,faction, skirmish/galaxy, galaxy, faction/galaxy, galaxy etc
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a rule, I participate in events to collect crew, not to compete. I remember when we had the first Galaxy event, there was some enthusiasm because we were working together to unlock the community rewards. The thresholds turned out to be higher than we could hit (bugs that disrupted play didn't help), so there was a certain "Will we? Can we?" pressure/excitement. We also weren't clear in that first one that it was only in Phase 1. I have never understood the point of that, but whatever. The point is, that sense of working together independently was appealing. It's the same reason we like the theory of FBB's now, even though the inability of most fleets to do anything constructive above Brutal has soured that some.

It's a foregone conclusion we'll unlock them all now, though. And let's face it: free 10x pulls aren't what they were in 2016, either. This weekend, I'm gonna craft a few easy things for the lowest solo thresholds and then I'm bailing. I kinda dig Skirmishes because there's some actual game play involved, but assigning shuttle crews and crafting recipes? Nah. Dullsville. I still miss Expeditions. Yeah, they're repetitive, too, but at least I'm doing something with my crew. I also maintain that adding community rewards would make Expeditions more appealing.

I think you posted on the wrong event for your comment.

The biggest thing I like about at least partial galaxy, getting the 4th copy of the 4* crew for free.

This weekend being a repeat, I completely understand skipping out if you don't want Krem or Bashir. Next weekend for the Skirmish/Galaxy, even if you don't want Quark, I assume you'll play enough to get Joran and Verad and then get the 4th Verad from community rewards.
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    As a rule, I participate in events to collect crew, not to compete. I remember when we had the first Galaxy event, there was some enthusiasm because we were working together to unlock the community rewards. The thresholds turned out to be higher than we could hit (bugs that disrupted play didn't help), so there was a certain "Will we? Can we?" pressure/excitement. We also weren't clear in that first one that it was only in Phase 1. I have never understood the point of that, but whatever. The point is, that sense of working together independently was appealing. It's the same reason we like the theory of FBB's now, even though the inability of most fleets to do anything constructive above Brutal has soured that some.

It's a foregone conclusion we'll unlock them all now, though. And let's face it: free 10x pulls aren't what they were in 2016, either. This weekend, I'm gonna craft a few easy things for the lowest solo thresholds and then I'm bailing. I kinda dig Skirmishes because there's some actual game play involved, but assigning shuttle crews and crafting recipes? Nah. Dullsville. I still miss Expeditions. Yeah, they're repetitive, too, but at least I'm doing something with my crew. I also maintain that adding community rewards would make Expeditions more appealing.

I think you posted on the wrong event for your comment.

The biggest thing I like about at least partial galaxy, getting the 4th copy of the 4* crew for free.

This weekend being a repeat, I completely understand skipping out if you don't want Krem or Bashir. Next weekend for the Skirmish/Galaxy, even if you don't want Quark, I assume you'll play enough to get Joran and Verad and then get the 4th Verad from community rewards.

No, I meant to post in this thread because the previous several posts pertained to Galaxy burnout. But, really, it's probably a common complaint in multiple threads at any given point.
    Are events going to be 75% Galaxy (including hybrids) from now on @WRG Ben ?

It will be better to bring pure skirmish events back for diversity. Game is becoming dull to play same type of events: galaxy & faction even if we receive more new crew. It is nice to get new crew with better stats, people will jump at first to buy resources (chrons, legendary citations, shuttles etc), revenue increases, but at some point the game will be come boring, repetitive: galaxy, faction/galaxy, galaxy again,faction, skirmish/galaxy, galaxy, faction/galaxy, galaxy etc

This might be the thing I'm most concerned about outside of my own frustration - going from three event types to two that are in rotation every weekend is not going to be healthy for the game in the long run. I've seen players abandon mobile games for a lot less. Even if skirmishes do make less money - which is an assumption I'm not sure I'd make; I don't know how many players are buying chrons or those expensive bundles for events in the first place - there's a lot to be said for player engagement and enjoyment and judging from the response to these two event threads I'm not alone in getting frustrated with "oops, all Galaxy events".
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Since I have the superrare crew on all 3 of my accounts: my 1st and 2nd accounts will do one build for the community rewards and they're out. My 3rd account I went to the 75000 credits and I am done with it.

Did not matter which crew was the legendary , I do not have either on any of my accounts so no incentive to try and get it.

When I have the legendary (they will be fully equipped) I will go after a fuse level if needed.

I did burn threw 700 Chrons and those from the rewards in my 3rd account.
    I would also prefer a pure Skirmish event like in the past. Probably pure skirmish events are becoming rare because honor offers with $$$. Skirmish events are a good source for honor, chrons-> honor=legendary citations. If the new strategy is to increase revenues, players to buy with $$$$ more packs which contain honor, chrons, legendary citations, this is a direction: decreasing pure Skirmish events....it is all about the money it seems.
    e.g. 100 $ offer
    dattqv39usei.jpg

And yes....Thursday, Friday are not the best days for Skirmish due to low availability -> work, school etc

Yeah, my suspicion is that they're trying to reduce player's honor income as well. For fleet boss battles, they probably expected us to play Ultra-Nightmare ad infinitum after finishing the bridge and made the reward correspondingly cheap, but didn't foresee that we would bail on it completely since it's so worthless and just farm all the bosses for honor/credits (especially the Hard boss). Between the lack of full skirmish events and the upcoming HDR nerf, it sure feels like they're trying to control the economy.
    | dmscramjet's STT Collections sheet | stay tuned for the FBB simulator |
  • About Thursday's event: does Changeling Bashir count as a variant of Bashir, or only as a changeling? I ask because the first makes him event crew & the second doesn't.
  • About Thursday's event: does Changeling Bashir count as a variant of Bashir, or only as a changeling? I ask because the first makes him event crew & the second doesn't.

He counts as a Bashir. Or, rather, he has counted as a Bashir variant to date.
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    About Thursday's event: does Changeling Bashir count as a variant of Bashir, or only as a changeling? I ask because the first makes him event crew & the second doesn't.

Check bigbook.app and navigate to Torias Bashir’s page, and check variants!

https://www.bigbook.app/crew/bashir_torias_crew
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrmm, no more recap packs, no more even packs, higher cost precap pack, more diluted results for event packs.
    Bad results all around IMO. I'll certainly be spending less dil this mega event than I have for any other mega event.
  • What is going on with the character arts? From this mega, only Sisko and Quark look good, while Ezri and Jadzia look awful! Please fix this!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cptn.-Seb wrote: »
    What is going on with the character arts? From this mega, only Sisko and Quark look good, while Ezri and Jadzia look awful! Please fix this!

To me, Bashir looks like he is the love child of the EMH and that supersoldier guy from that one TNG episode where the planet put their veterans on a prison moon after a war, more than it looks like Alexander Siddig. But that could just be me. Or did they do subtle things to each person when they were possessed to make them look different?

8a91smnh7p8c.png
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?