Home The Bridge

Do you want pure Skirmish events to be brought back?

Lately Galaxy events are omnipresent & game is loosing diversity. Skirmish is included in Hybrid event (1 phase).

Do you want pure Skirmish events to be brought back? 117 votes

Yes
87%
ADM Fletcher [ET]Warrior WilloWaldoMagData1001Zombie Squirrel Travis S McClain[TLA]  84wbCommander Sinclair[SSR]Trollhammeren[CFOH] Khaaaaaaannnnnn!!!!<TGE> Darxidecmdrworf[IPA] MarkasTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)Gib - Admiral MarinersThurthoradDScottHewittWebberoniMirror Cartmantytlal 102 votes
No
5%
AviTrekMudd in your eyeJean-Luc KenobiPavelHDaedalus5OomoxOtto 7 votes
Maybe
6%
SoupKitchen Riker(HGH)ApolloSelene 7Captain P (ESB)AldudeMe [AUS]ArnieJurati_whoa 8 votes

Comments

• W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Love them. They are crew building time for me. I make lists of who I want to work on and keep them current.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Yes
    Doing them makes it easy to make threshold compared to the click, click, click of galaxies. Besides getting extra honor it’s a great way to accumulate more credits. I don’t want the full skirmishes to go the way of expedition events (which I also enjoyed, btw)
  • Maybe
    I would like to see a new event type.
  • Yes
    100% right we all need and love this event!!!! Please
  • SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Yes
    Skirmish is my favorite event, so yes for exclusive/pure Skirmish (Ship Battles) Event like in the past.
    onyrl7d4j4vb.gif

• Yes
    For me skirmishes feel like more of a grind than any other event type, but we still need some full ones in there just for the sake of event diversity.
  • AsmodanAsmodan ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Yes
    Sonja wrote: »
    Skirmish is my favorite event, so yes for exclusive/pur Skirmish (Ship Battles) Event like in the past.
    onyrl7d4j4vb.gif

ditto
    tumblr_nt7n4ecMvm1tlb56zo1_500.gif
    pro deo et denny crane
  • Yes
    @WRG Ben perhaps instead of making every event a Something/Galaxy, maybe just put Community Rewards in the Faction and Skirmish events? ;)
  • Yes
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Bring back expedition events!

I will always support this. Thanks to all the starbase and collection stat buffs, and expanded crew quarters, I think we should be able to handle the original, hardcore, brutal version. I say replay "The Game's Afoot" in March to go along with the return of Professor Moriarty in PIC. (I still need two stars for him.)
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Dear God, no. Expedition events were unbelievably bad. They had that unique combination of being both incredibly repetitive and requiring concentration. No one I knew in game liked them, they were by far and away the least popular event. I know that we want variety, and I really want more skirmishes just for the loot, not variety at any cost.
  • SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Yes
    Expedition events resemble with Cadets Missions & Map Missions. They need more focus indeed. Replacing pure Skirmish events with Expendition events won't bring diversity but the opposite. I am not against bringing them back but not as a replacement for pure Skirmish.
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

I will always support this. Thanks to all the starbase and collection stat buffs, and expanded crew quarters, I think we should be able to handle the original, hardcore, brutal version. I say replay "The Game's Afoot" in March to go along with the return of Professor Moriarty in PIC. (I still need two stars for him.)

Along the lines of expedition events, does anyone else feel like TP has completely forgotten that this exists?
    lzocnbd596zm.jpg

:|

I feel they should give out a reward for completing all of them (maybe they did, can't remember) and allow us to reset and do it again.
  • OttoOtto ✭✭✭
    No
    I'd prefer ALL events to be hybrid events and the second phase cut down to 24 hours.
    Yes
    Thurthorad wrote: »

Dear God, no. Expedition events were unbelievably bad. They had that unique combination of being both incredibly repetitive and requiring concentration.

It always struck me that the anti-Expedition players were ultimately against having to actually play a game. I've been around long enough to remember the requests to be able to warp every completed mission because players didn't want to actually play through away missions. Outside events, I think that's prudent; it allows players pressed for time to squeeze in their dailies. During an event, though, I think it's entirely reasonable to put players through their paces.
    No one I knew in game liked them, they were by far and away the least popular event.

There were three of us in this thread before your post alone.
    I am not against bringing them back but not as a replacement for pure Skirmish.

None of us said anything about replacing Skirmishes with Expeditions. I'd be against that myself. Like everyone else who digs them, I enjoy the loot. Plus, I like to cycle through my 5* ships. Few of them ever see any game play action outside voyages, and let's face it; we're not really seeing those ships do anything.

Skirmishes and Galaxies are mindless so you can do something else while you play them. If they weren't the game would just be a bad game. Factions are irritating because you have to remember to play, but otherwise they are low pain. Expeditions were bad because you solved them on the first playthrough, after that they were just tedious. Tedium is not the same as mindless. Tedium is way worse than mindless.

I don't know any of you. I did know my RL friends who I played with and I was more familiar with my other non-RL alliance acquaintances. To a man (and woman) they all disliked Expeditions. If the format had been popular DB/TP wouldn't have given up on it. I had one friend who didn't like the format, but did like that it was possible for him to get top 1000 because so many other regularly engaged people skipped Expeditions. I stayed engaged and got my legendary, but it was painful.
  • Maybe
    I like skirmish events (wouldn’t mind full events), and I’d also like the development team to come up with a different event type. I liked expeditions, and I doubt those are returning, which leaves us with three basic event types (shuttle, galaxy, skirmish).
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe
    I dunno, I've lost the motivation to grind... But it is quicker to reach 130K I suppose.
    Yes

Dear God, no. Expedition events were unbelievably bad. They had that unique combination of being both incredibly repetitive and requiring concentration.

It always struck me that the anti-Expedition players were ultimately against having to actually play a game. I've been around long enough to remember the requests to be able to warp every completed mission because players didn't want to actually play through away missions. Outside events, I think that's prudent; it allows players pressed for time to squeeze in their dailies. During an event, though, I think it's entirely reasonable to put players through their paces.
    No one I knew in game liked them, they were by far and away the least popular event.

None of us said anything about replacing Skirmishes with Expeditions. I'd be against that myself. Like everyone else who digs them, I enjoy the loot. Plus, I like to cycle through my 5* ships. Few of them ever see any game play action outside voyages, and let's face it; we're not really seeing those ships do anything.

Skirmishes and Galaxies are mindless so you can do something else while you play them. If they weren't the game would just be a bad game. Factions are irritating because you have to remember to play, but otherwise they are low pain. Expeditions were bad because you solved them on the first playthrough, after that they were just tedious. Tedium is not the same as mindless. Tedium is way worse than mindless.

I don't know any of you. I did know my RL friends who I played with and I was more familiar with my other non-RL alliance acquaintances. To a man (and woman) they all disliked Expeditions. If the format had been popular DB/TP wouldn't have given up on it. I had one friend who didn't like the format, but did like that it was possible for him to get top 1000 because so many other regularly engaged people skipped Expeditions. I stayed engaged and got my legendary, but it was painful.

And that's the problem I have with skirmish and galaxy events. If the game is so mindless that I need to find something else to do while clicking, is it really a game? Do you get enjoyment out of endlessly pushing the same button so the screen lights up in a different color? Would you rather be watching TV and not having to click your phone just to get the weekly pixels that are marginally better than last week's pixels?

Personality if I'm going to play a game I want it to be a game. Expedition events, at least in their earliest iterations required you to think. When skirmishes first came out I wrote up a long post how to tweak them so that they required skill and thought to play. Instead they were dumbed down even further so the only skill involved is who can sacrifice the most amount of time in their weekend to push a button.

At least Desmond thought he was saving the world.

The problem is that the gameplay they do have isn't a good game either. In theory you are correct, but in practice (and has been highlighted elsewhere to many 'awesomes') there is no real gameplay in STT, it's all in the spreadsheets and collecting. Which is fine, for me, I like that about it. But it never had the gameplay that you require for the event you want.
  • SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    Yes

And that's the problem I have with skirmish and galaxy events. If the game is so mindless that I need to find something else to do while clicking, is it really a game? Do you get enjoyment out of endlessly pushing the same button so the screen lights up in a different color? Would you rather be watching TV and not having to click your phone just to get the weekly pixels that are marginally better than last week's pixels?

Personality if I'm going to play a game I want it to be a game. Expedition events, at least in their earliest iterations required you to think. When skirmishes first came out I wrote up a long post how to tweak them so that they required skill and thought to play. Instead they were dumbed down even further so the only skill involved is who can sacrifice the most amount of time in their weekend to push a button.

At least Desmond thought he was saving the world.

There are different kind of games out there. Some of them (WOW, Dota etc) involve more thinking, more engagement, more strategy, more time (to be there at certain hours) etc. Some people have busy RL with a lot of challenges, solving difficult problems day by day, increased level of stress. This game offers the opportunity to relax, to gather favourite Startrek characters cards, a door to imagination. Everybody can gain an easy victory (a favourite card) after a hard day or week & this game offers small disappoiments when we open packs and we do not get the new legendary card or joy when we get the legendary card.
    Life should not be a game of chess, a struggle for all aspects, easy joy fills us positive & helps us move on & gain strenghts for real battles. The fact that I can play skirmish in the evening while watching my favourite series or documentary or to stop playing and read articles etc, is a big plus. This is one of things that I like to this game.

• Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Yes

Along the lines of expedition events, does anyone else feel like TP has completely forgotten that this exists?
    lzocnbd596zm.jpg

:|

Apparently V.10 will have an update for away team missions, and possibly a new type.
    "It will involve immortalised crew."
  • No
    It's a No for me, as when it is combined with a Galaxy (which I hate), you at least get a 4/4 card, rather than yet another 3/4. Skirmish are significantly faster and more fun than the click-click of Galaxy, plus have better rewards like 300 Honour.