Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion - Skirmish/Galaxy Event Notes: A Thousand Lifetimes (Arc #1) - 2023-02-

2»

Comments

• Options
    Cptn.-Seb wrote: »
    What is going on with the character arts? From this mega, only Sisko and Quark look good, while Ezri and Jadzia look awful! Please fix this!

I think O'Brien looks good. I like Ezri and Leeta. I think Kira is fine. They stand out more because they're unconventional. I can't think of anyone else in the game pouting quite like Ezri, or making such a silly face as Lela Kira, but they look right to me. I'm all for trying unconventional things. Verad isn't all that important to me but I think he's fine, too.

Jadzia... I dunno. She's recognizable but something's off. I think it's her eyes. They look lifeless to me, and Terry Farrell always played Jadzia as vibrant. Even in that scene, where she was more solemn than usual, she didn't look lifeless.

Bashir is the only one I outright dislike. It reminds me of when DC and Marvel comics used TOS characters whose likeness rights were difficult and their solution was to make the character different enough from the actor that they could skirt requiring their approval. We do know likeness approval was difficult lately from the delays in event announcements. It makes more sense to me than Alexander Siddig withholding approval until they came up with that art. There haven't been many I felt needed a redo. I was even fine with Potato Martok. But this one... It's bad.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sisko is missing the "Bajoran" Trait. Literally every version has it because he IS The Sisko.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is fascinating.

5mhjs8phgk6b.jpg
  • Options
    Riker's islan{DD}Riker's islan{DD} ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    This is fascinating.

Exactly what I was thinking! Is it Galaxy aka Chron-drain burnout? It certainly was for me. Played Skirmish and then crafted 3 items to get 1 bonus and done.

I'm not chasing Gold crew in Galaxies week after week after week.....boring
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is fascinating.

Exactly what I was thinking! Is it Galaxy akak Chron-drain burnout? It certainly was for me. Played Skirmish and then crafted 3 items to get 1 bonus and done.

I'm not chasing Gold crew in Galaxies week after week after week.....boring

Same here. Enjoyed the skirmish half of the event. I don't even want the Legendary, it'll just be another useless 2/5. Didn't even craft a single item for Galaxy part, you can claim the community prizes without doing that.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is fascinating.

5mhjs8phgk6b.jpg

It's the skirmish+galaxy hybrid with a weaker character.

It's easy for people to finish threshold or get most of the way in the skirmish half. And without a good enough 5* to compete for there is no reason to push further.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cut my thumb badly Saturday night and just gave up. I maybe needed stitches. I ran afoul of a cat food can and it got me good. After that, I just coasted. I'd cleared thresholds, did enough to get community rewards, and let it go. I considered going for rank, but not one handed.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*