Home The Bridge

Community Introduction: Hello, I'm Nancy!

I wanted to open this thread to say hi! I'm Nancy the new community manager for Star Trek Timelines.
I'm here to help in any way I can, so please don't hesitate to reach out to me with any questions, concerns, or just to say hi!

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/20105/community-manager-introduction-2023-02-23

Comments

• Welcome, Nancy!
  • Oh Nancy what have you done!?

J/K - welcome, and I wish you every success in your new post! :)
  • SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard, Nancy! Congratulations and lots of good wishes on becoming part of our community!
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome!
    👋
  • Hi Nancy, welcome.

Are you a wrg/tp employee or are you a player who has volunteered? Something else?

Can you tell us a bit about your role in your new position?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard and good luck!

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome! It's always fun having a new voice on the forums, and we appreciate having an active liaison to relay our concerns and ideas back to the game design team!
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Aboard! :)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Hi Nancy,
    Well, YOU have a Big Job ahead of you && LOTs of STT Players wondering what is REALLY going on !

Yet, most Importantly 'We Actual Care' & don't just want cliché platitudes of; "The Game will go on & Players should not notice anything different from what they have come to Love & Expect from STT." 🤦🏼‍♀️
    - We actually want to KNOW How Game Development & Player/Customer Service will be Carried-On considering the Scuttling of Programing & Development Staff.
    - Also, what is the Corporate / Work Culture like at WRG/TP ? ?, as Content Staff supports an Optimal Game Experience - all of which equals (potentially 🤞) a Positive Player Experience.

Please, be sure to Join the STT Discord Server; https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ at your earliest convenience.
    ~Chris of Fleet [IPA2] Inner Planets Retirees
    (Retired but not Dead.)
  • Welcome, good luck and godspeed. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to Ten Forward - drinks are on us today :).
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi and welcome. I'm sure we are all looking forward to hearing about the future of Timelines.
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome!
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the community, you have large shoes to fill, but we'll help you find your own shoes.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay positive and good luck!
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    of9i7rrrngw5.gif
  • Welcome aboard!
  • On behalf of the entire BARTs fleet, I bid you welcome Nancy! Please tell us a bit of yourself. New to TP? Long time Trekker? What CAN you tell us of TPs long term plans for STT?

Equivalent exchange, I'm a long term Trekker since the beginning in the 70s. (Thanks mom! :smile:) I've been in STT since maybe a couple months from its launch, and with my fleet almost as long. BART's Mid Iowa Fleet HAS been here since launch, and is my first and only fleet I've served.

I was tasked with running the fleet when the original Bart namesake had to retire a few years ago, and have been charting the fleet course since.

Again, welcome Nancy. This job is sometimes a thankless task but a worthy one imo. LLAP

[BARTs]Adm. KopaceticK
  • Welcome Nancy and best of luck!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome.
  • Hi Nancy, welcome.

Are you a wrg/tp employee or are you a player who has volunteered? Something else?

Can you tell us a bit about your role in your new position?

Hey Jurati_whoa! What really makes the difference is, that I'm part of the team that works on the Star Trek Timeline game, so you can count on me to have your back, regardless of any company tags.
    My main role is to represent the community and help foster communication between players and the wider WRG/TP family, which includes many developers who have been working on the game for a long time.
    Speaking of which, there are many talented developers working on the game, who are part of a larger family that includes both WRG and TP, but ultimately, what matters is that we're all part of the same Star Trek family here. Rest assured that the game is still being supported and we're all working hard to make it the best it can be. Thank you for your support! :)

Thank you for all the direct answers to the questions. :-)
  • edited February 2023
    On behalf of the entire BARTs fleet, I bid you welcome Nancy! Please tell us a bit of yourself. New to TP? Long time Trekker? What CAN you tell us of TPs long term plans for STT?

Equivalent exchange, I'm a long term Trekker since the beginning in the 70s. (Thanks mom! :smile:) I've been in STT since maybe a couple months from its launch, and with my fleet almost as long. BART's Mid Iowa Fleet HAS been here since launch, and is my first and only fleet I've served.

I was tasked with running the fleet when the original Bart namesake had to retire a few years ago, and have been charting the fleet course since.

Again, welcome Nancy. This job is sometimes a thankless task but a worthy one imo. LLAP

[BARTs]Adm. KopaceticK

Thanks for the warm welcome, [BARTs]Adm. KopaceticK!

I'm thrilled to be here and excited to learn more about the Star Trek universe. To be honest, I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to Trek - I only discovered it a few months ago, but I've been completely captivated ever since! So now here I am, a millennial trekker-in-training, eager to explore the galaxy with all of you. B)

As for TP's plans for STT, we're always working to make the game better and more engaging for players. We've got some exciting things in the pipeline, but for now, I'll just say that we're committed to delivering a top-notch experience that honors the spirit of Star Trek.

Thanks for your support!
  • MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome! While this may not be the best time to start as community liaison, I wish you well in your new position. :)