Home The Bridge

Survey Discussion - Player's Choice Survey: We want to hear from you!

Hey, let's chat here. I'd love to hear some feedback from you, captains! Have a great weekend, get some fresh air, and play star trek timelines, obviously ;)

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/20112/players-choice-survey-we-want-to-hear-from-you

Comments

• With regard to the first 2 questions and having no chance to explain why you’d rate it the way you did - any other survey of this type that I’ve taken in the past are interested in some thought behind the rating. I don’t see the point of having one without the other.
  • With regard to the first 2 questions and having no chance to explain why you’d rate it the way you did - any other survey of this type that I’ve taken in the past are interested in some thought behind the rating. I don’t see the point of having one without the other.

Yes, the survey should include places for that feedback to be provided. Or, instead of spending time analyzing survey data, they can simply spend time looking at feedback that has been provided already (in many existing forum threads)

As it is, the survey is not going to provide any meaningful data to wrg.
  • felt like a placating survey to assure us that everything is okay. we are contributing. we matter.
    pro deo et denny crane
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fleet Boss Battles wasn't even on the list of things to say we liked about the game. It felt like an old copy/paste list that hadn't been updated in a while.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Fleet Boss Battles wasn't even on the list of things to say we liked about the game. It felt like an old copy/paste list that hadn't been updated in a while.

Had that same feeling but wasn't sure so didn't say it. Glad to see I have not completely lost my mind (yet).... :#
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asmodan wrote: »
    felt like a placating survey to assure us that everything is okay. we are contributing. we matter.

This survey will allow their team to say they got player input on upcoming mega events and campaigns, that players really like most of the features, and the status quo is good to go! Surveys are rather pointless when they aren't designed to actually gather any useful feedback. It's not like the issues identified (going by post-survey polls often done here on the forums) ever tend to get addressed anyway, but each time I hope this one will be different...
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see no point in doing the survey if it just a "Look we are doing something" distraction. Which it sure sounds like since they do not even allow for actual feedback. There are several threads active where players are giving actual feedback. Many are several pages. And it feels more and more like the feedback is being ignored. Why do a "survey" that doesn't even have an option for actual feedback?

They don't want to "hear from you". They you to be placated.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Why do people bother if all they're going to be is negative, try being constructive.
    A fourth event is key and should be the overwhelming priority please, but we also need the fleet boss battle updated as soon as possible.
  • The three choices for the crew combos. None of them were terribly exciting and in three months "Here's what YOU the players selected!" Meh thx WRG
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixing the Voyage Bug unfortunately was not an option almost a half a decade of being broke. :(

From the Q&A with Ben and Joe:

With our new focus on QoL Matt (engineer god) was able to dedicate the time to look into the stuck voyage bug (dilemma). We released the potential voyage stuck at dilemma fix on Feb 14th and we can confidentially say now that we have reduced the occurrence of the bug by 80%. and as new old voyages are completed and new ones started, that percentage has increased.

So they mostly fixed, that's a start....
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • ÷ Dr. Claire Finn÷ Dr. Claire Finn ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Hey if WRG can stick with live action (no porky pig 🐷 baby Huey 🐣 Lower Decks) official canon Star Trek crew that’ll be a great start! 👍
    ÷Dr. Claire Finn - Admiral of the Battleship Yamato & Founder of both the Battleship Yamato & ISS Yamato
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey if WRG can stick with live action (no porky pig 🐷 baby Huey 🐣 Lower Decks) official canon Star Trek crew that’ll be a great start! 👍

We really need facepalm Troi from Lower Decks.
  • The Janeway question

giphy.gif
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
    Why do people bother if all they're going to be is negative, try being constructive.
    A fourth event is key and should be the overwhelming priority please, but we also need the fleet boss battle updated as soon as possible.

Well, you obviously understand their "feedback" model......

• AndrewAndrew ✭✭✭
    The Janeway question

giphy.gif

This is the one I most want to see the results from!
  • edited February 2023
    Navarch wrote: »

We really need facepalm Troi from Lower Decks.
    w1juoapxl0yx.jpeg
    swl2triz1obl.jpeg
    How about, let’s see The Bluegill Queen / Mother Creature instead? 😊

• After looking at the q&a info on discord im curious about something.

Joe said that fbb did not performed as expected, and has caused some bad player behaviors. Im wondering what they expected from fbb, and what these bad behaviors are.

Clearly they bet the farm on fbb and when it failed it led to where we are now, with less full time staff dedicated to the game. Even if there are more resources available, they will be spread thinner and cover multiple titles. Different code. Different players. Im worried this will lead to more oversights (like fbb) and more player dissatisfaction. Sure hope im wrong.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might be players not playing as a fleet like they were hoped to. Some just make a hit on each difficulty to get minimal rewards and don't really contribute beyond that. We have a couple of those. I don't mind it really with newer players. They are starting with nothing and it gets them the basics quickly. They can't contribute much tactically anyway at that level, so it isn't a real loss. It's the mid and higher players that still do that causing trouble.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
    After looking at the q&a info on discord im curious about something.

Joe said that fbb did not performed as expected, and has caused some bad player behaviors. Im wondering what they expected from fbb, and what these bad behaviors are.

Clearly they bet the farm on fbb and when it failed it led to where we are now, with less full time staff dedicated to the game. Even if there are more resources available, they will be spread thinner and cover multiple titles. Different code. Different players. Im worried this will lead to more oversights (like fbb) and more player dissatisfaction. Sure hope im wrong.

"Bad plyer behavior" = "It's never us, it's the players messing things up.'
  • After looking at the q&a info on discord im curious about something.

After looking at the q&a info on discord im curious about something.

I wonder if that "bad player behavior" includes bombarding players with fleet join requests and poaching attempts. I've seen players add things to their names to the effect of "I Don't Want To Join Your Fleet" for emphasis. I had been trying to find new players by going into the Suggested Players menu for awhile, but gave up once I started seeing those kinds of things. I didn't mean to annoy anyone, and I don't think any of the other admirals trying to recruit other players did, either. We're just desperate for fleet members.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bombarding with fleet requests, going rogue and opening different battles for their own benefit not fleet goals, possibly even honor farming.

There are bad incentives built into FBB (especially the oe). The feature was designed for fleets to work together to defeat bosses. To the extent that that's not what's happening that's a problem. But I don't read anything they said as "it's the players fault". It's more like, "there were unintended consequences we didn't think about, so we're trying to fix that"

If there is a general theme to STT problems over the years it's, the developers build features how they want them to be used and don't think about how players will actually use them. I would even put the faction kickstart and hoarding galaxy rares in this category. Sometimes they try to fix the issue and sometimes they let it go, but that's not saying the players are wrong, just that they're doing something the developers didn't expect.

• They are totally talking about honor farming. Expect it to be nerfed with the update. Hey. It was there for the taking so we took it. Can’t blame us.
  • They are totally talking about honor farming. Expect it to be nerfed with the update. Hey. It was there for the taking so we took it. Can’t blame us.

I thought it might be this as well.

I also wonder if it had to do with all of the fleet re organization too.

With all the problems that we have communicating in our fleet, im just really surprised that it didnt come up when they were designing the fbb feature. I think this oversight has led to tremendous issues and i saw that ben said the chat will never be fixed or improved.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might have been that long time fleetmates were getting booted for not contributing or not contributing enough to the FBB. If they can't, they can't, and they were booted for it in some cases. Other players got so eager to work on their bridge, they switched fleets. We lost one that way.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • It might have been that long time fleetmates were getting booted for not contributing or not contributing enough to the FBB. If they can't, they can't, and they were booted for it in some cases. Other players got so eager to work on their bridge, they switched fleets. We lost one that way.

It was the quote “players are using boss battles in a way we didn’t intend”. That means the actual act of playing itself.

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is the exact quote
    gcx629lhj02k.jpg