Home The Bridge

Community Introduction: Hello, I'm Nancy!

Comments

• This thread needs a theme song!!!!!

https://youtu.be/uc6f_2nPSX8

Love the song! I'm more into these robots tho: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_8Pma1vHmw. Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you really want to reassure us that the game designers care about us, remove the poison pill from voyages. They recently demonstrated that they can change the voyage rewards at any time. Remove the random rations. It is conceivable that someone thought them useful at one time. But they are horrible and unpredictable. There is no benefit financially to getting rid of them, but it would show us you care about us. It is just evidence that they don't care that they keep them in. I challenge anyone to honestly tell me they would prefer them to a 4* crew. They aren't like the schematics which are predictable and repeatable.

If the game designers want to demonstrate good will and a desire to care about the players, that would go a long way. We get a lot of talk, but very few meaningful fixes.

Answer: That will require an engine change and 9 months of delays and programming................ ;)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • If you really want to reassure us that the game designers care about us, remove the poison pill from voyages. They recently demonstrated that they can change the voyage rewards at any time. Remove the random rations. It is conceivable that someone thought them useful at one time. But they are horrible and unpredictable. There is no benefit financially to getting rid of them, but it would show us you care about us. It is just evidence that they don't care that they keep them in. I challenge anyone to honestly tell me they would prefer them to a 4* crew. They aren't like the schematics which are predictable and repeatable.

If the game designers want to demonstrate good will and a desire to care about the players, that would go a long way. We get a lot of talk, but very few meaningful fixes.

I second this, but i would also like to challenge the developers to look at the fleet boss battles feedback thread and take the requests seriously.

I would rather see a prioritized list and action plan for incorporating the most commonly requested items from that thread into the game, than to have ben and joe divert hours of their time to a q&a session on discord.

There will be no new information. The biggest questions we all have will not be completely answered and our fears will not be quelled. We will hear “everythings fine” and “keep playing and spending”.

Instead of that, id prefer ben and joe and whoever else is left, took the feedback in that thread seriously and prioritize it, and incorporate it into 9.2, and get 9.2 released by the end of march.
  • Nancy had been on the job for just a couple of hours and people had already started bombarding her with complaints and requests. Give her a couple of days to settle in.

they are jumping into the boat when the seas are pretty stormy.

No time like the present to understand the core issues and get cracking.
  • Nancy had been on the job for just a couple of hours and people had already started bombarding her with complaints and requests. Give her a couple of days to settle in.

they are jumping into the boat when the seas are pretty stormy.

No time like the present to understand the core issues and get cracking.

I’d expect nothing less from you treating a new WRG employee in that manner.

I am simply suggesting that Nancy spend their time understanding player concerns.

Not sure why that warrants a personal, and unjustified attack from you.

As a token, i wont report your post for harassment as i would rather Nancy spends time looking at more meaningful posts than your last one.
  • welcome!! happy to have you here :)
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • AndrewAndrew ✭✭✭
    Hi Nancy! Welcome! May your tenure be prosperous and stress-free!
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wi2wtlqr48ru.gif

Kidding! :p

...or am I?

og7ib8da6ous.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Nancy is a real person, please drop the accusations.

They are, however, likely tasked with community management of other games on top of timelines, so dont expect a full time presence here either.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nancy is a real person, please drop the accusations.

They are, however, likely tasked with community management of other games on top of timelines, so dont expect a full time presence here either.

Indeed. The other reason companies commonly do this is so a person can be changed without the upheaval we had when they removed Shan. It likely means less job security for anyone in the job. I am sure it is tough for any remaining Tilting Point employees after these layoffs knowing how little job security they have. What with the way Shan and others were removed even though they had been at the job for years and doing great.
    Let’s fly!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

Which makes me ask what other games are under the same parent company?

Indeed. The other reason companies commonly do this is so a person can be changed without the upheaval we had when they removed Shan. It likely means less job security for anyone in the job. I am sure it is tough for any remaining Tilting Point employees after these layoffs knowing how little job security they have. What with the way Shan and others were removed even though they had been at the job for years and doing great.

I could come up with all sorts of scenarios, like someone at the top of wrg making a deal with tp to keep their own job, and maybe a few others, in exchange for severance packaging the rest, which would jive with the coordinated linked in posts, but at the end of it i think the whole thing is a sad look insides the beast.

I am a bit surprised at how little time nancy has spent here.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.tiltingpoint.com/games/
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep Tilting Point says they have worked with 66 games but not sure if all are still running.
    Let’s fly!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

https://www.tiltingpoint.com/games/

Thanks. I actually tried TerraGenesis once. It seemed like it could be good, but I quickly decided that I didn't want to dedicate the time it would require when I already spend too much time on Timelines.
  • AsmodanAsmodan ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=Mm-b5DtyXEs

In the meantime, let's try to keep the conversation positive and focused on the game. I believe this is a great community, and I don't think comments that aren't contributing to the discussion are helpful. Remember that maintaining a good atmosphere in the forum is part of why I'm here, and I won't hesitate to do what's best for the community.

so, further allusions that the clearly sentient Nancy-community Manager will be met with mass defenestrations.

pro deo et denny crane
  • Navarch wrote: »
    [quote="
    Asmodan wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=Mm-b5DtyXEs

In the meantime, let's try to keep the conversation positive and focused on the game. I believe this is a great community, and I don't think comments that aren't contributing to the discussion are helpful. Remember that maintaining a good atmosphere in the forum is part of why I'm here, and I won't hesitate to do what's best for the community.

so, further allusions that the clearly sentient Nancy-community Manager will be met with mass defenestrations.

This threat makes me very nervous on 2 levels. First, even the community doesn’t have a solid feel for what’s best for it. I’m not sure how Nancy could figure it out so quickly. The message read as extremely authoritarian, and makes me very concerned about TP’s intentions going forward. Hint: if you think the forums are bad, wait until you’ve seen the universal chat in game.

Second, it only goes to show that humans and AI won’t mix. Took less than a week to get an AI to threaten to “not hesitate to do what’s best for the community.”

Well said. And they say the more an AI chats the weirder it gets. It doesn’t even seem like what @Jurati_whoa said illicited such a response.

I could come up with all sorts of scenarios, like someone at the top of wrg making a deal with tp to keep their own job, and maybe a few others, in exchange for severance packaging the rest, which would jive with the coordinated linked in posts, but at the end of it i think the whole thing is a sad look insides the beast.

I am a bit surprised at how little time nancy has spent here.

Hi there! I'm here and reading all of your comments and suggestions. Many of you have been sending me DMs with specific questions or issues, and I'm doing my best to help. I'm still getting familiar with all the concepts and aspects of the game, but I'm learning a lot just by reading the forum. Hopefully, I'll be able to provide more helpful feedback soon.

yqunzo3vr0yk.gif
  • Thurthorad wrote: »

On top of the fact that some of you are recently created accounts but who already seem very familiar with the forum culture suggests to me that you are pseudonyms, potentially of previously banned posters

Wait. Who shouldn’t make wild accusations?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now say "Exterminate! Exterminate!"
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • The whole point of this is to determine authenticity because it’s important to know the extent of untruths our relationship with the game people is. If they base our relationship on untruths and are fine in doing that, then why should we believe that the game is “doing fine” and there’s nothing to worry about?