Home The Bridge

Event Discussion - Faction/Galaxy Event Notes: Fanning The Flames (Arc #3) - 2023-03-02

Hi everyone, here's the thread for the new event!

we'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback!

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/20107/faction-galaxy-event-notes-fanning-the-flames-arc-3-2023-03-02

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/20107/faction-galaxy-event-notes-fanning-the-flames-arc-3-2023-03-02

The Recurring Mega Crew is literally the only version of The Sisko who does not have the Bajoran Trait. Just mentioning it because it feels like an oversight.

Thank you for getting the Announcement out on what is most likely a very busy day for you, Fellow Human Person!!!!!

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭

The Recurring Mega Crew is literally the only version of The Sisko who does not have the Bajoran Trait. Just mentioning it because it feels like an oversight.

Thank you for getting the Announcement out on what is most likely a very busy day for you, Fellow Human Person!!!!!

@DScottHewitt I thought about that too, but he's not really Sisko. Joran is really in control, so I'll trade Trill for Bajoran in this case. If they can have Hoshi's without Linguist, one Sisko without Bajoran is fine.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭

@DScottHewitt I thought about that too, but he's not really Sisko. Joran is really in control, so I'll trade Trill for Bajoran in this case. If they can have Hoshi's without Linguist, one Sisko without Bajoran is fine.

I agree with this. Sisko is clearly not actually Bajoran in the way Kira is. I'd rather have characters with trait variety rather than have constant repetition. This is what leads to the ultimate failure of the crew retrieval system when you have characters with the same trait list.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point in DS9, Sisko doesn’t consider himself to be Bajoran yet, and I don’t believe he is referred to as being “of Bajor” until much later. I’m indifferent to the decision, but I also think it’s fine as is. (It’s not as though he’s the final card needed to max the Bajoran collection 😉)
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishan Chya Sisko doesn't have human. There is cause for their choice. That said, I agree this one should have Bajoran.
  • Hi everyone, here's the thread for the new event!

Note for the next time. thanks for the feedback!
  • Hi, question for the forum. In the past, Zhian'tara Odo counted as a Jadzia Dax variant. Going forward, will Joran Sisko, Torias Bashir , Verad Dax, Audrid Quark, Emony Leeta, Lela Kira, and Tobin O'Brien also count as Jadzia variants as well?
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, question for the forum. In the past, Zhian'tara Odo counted as a Jadzia Dax variant. Going forward, will Joran Sisko, Torias Bashir , Verad Dax, Audrid Quark, Emony Leeta, Lela Kira, and Tobin O'Brien also count as Jadzia variants as well?

I hope so. We need a good Jadzia legendary.
    Let’s fly!
  • Hi, question for the forum. In the past, Zhian'tara Odo counted as a Jadzia Dax variant. Going forward, will Joran Sisko, Torias Bashir , Verad Dax, Audrid Quark, Emony Leeta, Lela Kira, and Tobin O'Brien also count as Jadzia variants as well?

Don't forget Esteemed Curzon! Anyway, I see a few possibilities going forward with such a large pool of bonus crew:

1 Limit to just Jadzia (or Ezri), rather than all Daxes
    2 Feature Daxes in Galaxy or Skirmish events, where a large pool of bonus crew isn't all that important
    3 Say the hell with it and periodically put 'em all in play, like they've done with Discovery crew

If we're taking votes, I'm all for #3.
    Hi, question for the forum. In the past, Zhian'tara Odo counted as a Jadzia Dax variant. Going forward, will Joran Sisko, Torias Bashir , Verad Dax, Audrid Quark, Emony Leeta, Lela Kira, and Tobin O'Brien also count as Jadzia variants as well?

That's an interesting question. Since they are previous hosts rather than hosts carrying the Symbiote. Since the hosts carried Dax, would they be Dax variants? That might be clearer question than are they variants of Jadzia/Ezri? Jadzia and Ezri do have the memories of the previous hosts and thus it seems like they would be part of them. We might have to delve deeply into the metaphysical aspects to unravel this one.

All of them are Trill for this Event, but when it is a Jadzia or Ezri Event would be nice to know if they are bonus without having to plug them into a Shuttle Seat or try to Craft something during.

I presume you mean we need another good Jadzia legendary. Klingon Bride Jadzia's nothing to sneeze at. I'm not impressed w/the other 4.
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭

I presume you mean we need another good Jadzia legendary. Klingon Bride Jadzia's nothing to sneeze at. I'm not impressed w/the other 4.

The artwork is certainly great, but she's long lost most of her value for me anyway. I can't remember the last time she saw use (and I have her 5/5 for years).
  • It will never happen, I'm sure, but I'd love it if Zhian'tara Odo got a rename to Curzon Odo to match all these other Zhian'tara variants we now have. The inconsistency has been bugging me more and more as the mega goes on.

I understand your position. I'm thankful that I believe you're right when you say it's unlikely. I compile stats on all the characters for my fleet. Those stats are sorted alphabetically. Moving that character from the Z's to the C's would be hard on my filing system.
  • Has no one noticed the date is wrong in the announcment title? It used to be the event date not the date of the information release
    Has no one noticed the date is wrong in the announcment title? It used to be the event date not the date of the information release

It is correct now.

Starts in about five hours today.
  • Has no one noticed the date is wrong in the announcment title? It used to be the event date not the date of the information release

@STT Community what is the date?

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has no one noticed the date is wrong in the announcment title? It used to be the event date not the date of the information release

I think you posted in the wrong thread. This is mega event#3 starting on 3/2. But mega event #4 has an announcement date of 3/1 rather than 3/9
    AviTrek wrote: »

I think you posted in the wrong thread. This is mega event#3 starting on 3/2. But mega event #4 has an announcement date of 3/1 rather than 3/9

Thanx! I was seriously thinking maybe I had the wrong date in my head!!!

@STT Community what is the date?

Hey, this is a past event. The next event starts the next Thursday, 03/09.
    Shuttles are noticeably sluggish opening to send out for the Event right now.

Just a heads-up.
    edited March 2023
    Why is Spawning Pool Jadzia so horribly useless in the Event she is Event Crew for? Literally barely breaks 50% Immortalized in the Galaxy part. Every time.

EDIT: Looks like she is "top choice" for ONE Item and not very good at putting it together. Both Kira and The Sisko are around 70% for one Item they are "top choice" for, but otherwise hit 90%+ and often 98-100%

cxp2galjzf19.png
    yupxsycc60u5.png
    m9um5rcydid9.png
    arph9kjxf4jj.png
    2v0n0p4waqo9.png
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember using Arjin too.
    I don't remember using Arjin too.

Don't think mine has shown up once. Other than that one recipe Dax does, it's been all The Sisko and Kira.
    0g14yfvrhk0b.png
  • On my Nightmare Mode account, I'm not allowing myself to level 5* crew yet so Joran was useless (and I had no hope whatsoever of getting Kira last week), and Dax had plenty of recipes with 90%+ percentages once her final star popped from the community rewards. I think the others must have only just been edging her out.

Arjin, on the other hand (although I only had him at 3/4 while the event was ongoing), was deeply mediocre.