Home The Bridge

Does WRG realise there are STT players outside of North America? /s

So this week’s event finished an hour “early” as presumably clocks have changed to summer time somewhere in North America.

Historically we would have been reminded of this via an in game message, but I don’t recall seeing such a warning this time. Forgive me if we got one and I missed it, as still trying to get my head round the message about down time that was in an usual time format.

What is wrong with using UTC which we have been conditioned to use from seven years of playing?

TLDR - player not in N. America marginally disgruntled by this week’s event finishing an hour earlier than I expected and I don’t want to have to look up EST or any other time variants to understand what the heck is going on 😜

Comments

• As for the unusual time format suddenly changing, it was presented in the format the AI follows
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this week’s event finished an hour “early” as presumably clocks have changed to summer time somewhere in North America.

Historically we would have been reminded of this via an in game message, but I don’t recall seeing such a warning this time. Forgive me if we got one and I missed it, as still trying to get my head round the message about down time that was in an usual time format.

What is wrong with using UTC which we have been conditioned to use from seven years of playing?

TLDR - player not in N. America marginally disgruntled by this week’s event finishing an hour earlier than I expected and I don’t want to have to look up EST or any other time variants to understand what the heck is going on 😜

The company is located in the United States. So, makes sense they use U.S. time. However, there is usually a reminder. I guess Nancy did not receive the line of code to post the reminder.

:):):):):):)
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that players pointed out that the time change announcement was missed BEFORE the event started and 97 hours later and three is still NO acknowledgement of it (or the maintenance that started 1 hour earlier than announced - thank you for that) does not bode well for the trustworthiness of the WRG "leadership team." Despite the grand pronouncement that the new community manager will be "focused on community and only community" the focus certainly appears to be on anything BUT community right now.... :|

The problem is what community. The community manager is likely focused on the community of all TP games. While Shan was only focused on WRG(and as a result only STT).
    The bigger problem for non-N.A. players is that Arena/gauntlet/valor event/etc. resets are all at a time which makes us completely un-competitive in any of these. WRG has ignored this for years, and that was back when they at least pretended they cared what players think, so I certainly dont expect this to improve now.

All the problems they have doing stuff already and you want them to code for Twenty six or however many different time zones there are to have separate start times? And I imagine that a 0100 Eastern start time is much more convenient for people in some other parts of the world than it is for most people in the U.S.
  • Mercuriousz2Mercuriousz2 ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    I was pleased to get home at 16: and some odd minutes ... less pleased to find the event was already over and 12 shuttles on 3 accounts 'busted' ... a small thing, perhaps, but disappointing (am in the UK)
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭

The company is located in the United States. So, makes sense they use U.S. time. However, there is usually a reminder. I guess Nancy did not receive the line of code to post the reminder.

:):):):):):)

:o Now you've done it!

bwbkpw3i8dgj.jpg

Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    As soon as the event started it said 3 Days and 23 Hours on the timer.
    AviTrek wrote: »
    The fact that players pointed out that the time change announcement was missed BEFORE the event started and 97 hours later and three is still NO acknowledgement of it (or the maintenance that started 1 hour earlier than announced - thank you for that) does not bode well for the trustworthiness of the WRG "leadership team." Despite the grand pronouncement that the new community manager will be "focused on community and only community" the focus certainly appears to be on anything BUT community right now.... :|

The problem is what community. The community manager is likely focused on the community of all TP games. While Shan was only focused on WRG(and as a result only STT).

This is directly from Ben's post: "That being said, we officially have a new STT Community Manager whose focus is on community and only community! " To me, that sounds like STT is the only community for her responsibility. I could be wrong of course :)
    Could explain the 4 and 5 days between her posts and complete silence on game issues.

I'd hate to see the engagement and communications transparency if she was responsible for other stuff, too.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

This is directly from Ben's post: "That being said, we officially have a new STT Community Manager whose focus is on community and only community! " To me, that sounds like STT is the only community for her responsibility. I could be wrong of course :)
    Could explain the 4 and 5 days between her posts and complete silence on game issues.

He did "community and only community", not "the stt community and only the stt community." That combined with the talk of less dedicated resources, but more overall resources makes me think Nancy is a TP employee with responsibilities outside of STT as a community manager for multiple games
  • AviTrek wrote: »

He did "community and only community", not "the stt community and only the stt community." That combined with the talk of less dedicated resources, but more overall resources makes me think Nancy is a TP employee with responsibilities outside of STT as a community manager for multiple games

What other games do they have? Interested in checking those game forums for her activity

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

What other games do they have? Interested in checking those game forums for her activity

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=tilting+point&l=1

Just figured someone knew off hand. My dad would always tell me to look it up in the dictionary when he knew full well the answer. My answer would always be sorry I actually wanted to have a learning interaction with you

I remember this being funny the first time i saw it 15 years ago.

Clearly just an attempt to (ineffectively) demonstrate superiority now.

Well, they have the one that keeps popping up in ad warps that will not install on a brand new tablet.......

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

You know I was almost convinced that you and maximus were two different people. But making this your first post in over a week removed any doubt left.
  • edited March 2023

You know I was almost convinced that you and maximus were two different people. But making this your first post in over a week removed any doubt left.

I assure you we are not the same person. I don’t know who Jurati is, but my name is Maximus Decimus Meridius. Commander of the Banjo Brigade. General of SSR. Loyal servant to the true admiral, Spottswood. Father to an abandoned STT account. Husband to a crushed STT spirit. And I have had my vengeance. In the previous life
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

I assure you we are not the same person. I don’t know who Jurati is, but my name is Maximus Decimus Meridius. Commander of the Banjo Brigade. General of SSR. Loyal servant to the true admiral, Spottswood. Father to an abandoned STT account. Husband to a crushed STT spirit. And I have had my vengeance. In the previous life

Great speech, but your name still doesn’t match that.
  • edited March 2023
    Navarch wrote: »

I am Schmallacus

• edited March 2023

And doesn’t match what?
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

And doesn’t match what?
    Your name still shows up as Maximus Demerus Meridius.
  • Navarch wrote: »

And doesn’t match what?
    Your name still shows up as Maximus Demerus Meridius.

Yeah. Autocorrect changed it to that and I didn’t notice til I already submitted. The AI was supposed to tel me how to change it cuz I get an error message when I try but it never got back to me

• edited March 2023

Hey, I posted this in another thread, but in case you missed it:

The event time in ET was fixed and unaffected by the recent time change, but unfortunately, our team didn't realize that the time had changed doe ET and the correct time for UTC was actually 4:00 PM. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Regarding the other comments here, I understand your frustration, and I'm listening to all your suggestions for improving communication. I'm still learning and adapting to different aspects of the game, but the good news is that the team is amazing, from the devs to the customer support. It won't take me long to become the CM that you deserve. Also, please remember to be respectful and considerate of the hard work of everyone here. It's much appreciated.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, I posted this in another thread, but in case you missed it:

The event time in ET was fixed and unaffected by the recent time change, but unfortunately, our team didn't realize that the time had changed doe ET and the correct time for UTC was actually 4:00 PM. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Regarding the other comments here, I understand your frustration, and I'm listening to all your suggestions for improving communication. I'm still learning and adapting to different aspects of the game, but the good news is that the team is amazing, from the devs to the customer support. It won't take me long to become the CM that you deserve. Also, please remember to be respectful and considerate of the hard work of everyone here. It's much appreciated.

I applaud all of the employees, past & present, of your game studio. These past 6+ years were life changing for me.

A modest proposal: How about the studio recognize the hard work that so many players did to build tools that help us all?

Thanks. LLAP
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

bwbkpw3i8dgj.jpg

As an aside, that LeeDrawsStuff Twitter feed is great! Love those episode summaries and the art is adorable!
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, people exist outside North America? 😂
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...