Home The Bridge

Event end time 1700 UTC?

timelines_qtimelines_q ✭✭✭
edited March 2023 in The Bridge
Event is over. But announcement said 1700 UTC. That's really bad, I had many shuttles returning too late.

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, the Event end time is always fixed, regardless of time changes. Reset and Dabo changes with the time adjustment, but not Event start/end.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    To be fair, the Event end time is always fixed, regardless of time changes. Reset and Dabo changes with the time adjustment, but not Event start/end.

Only from the perspective of an American who observes DST. From a UTC perspective it's daily reset and dabo that are fixed, and event start/end time that move when the US starts/ends DST.

The whole thing confuses me. I get the "why" {as the powers that be see it}, but not how it really works. If no one else anywhere in the world does it. Almost like it has no real impact on the actual world and the people in it.

Yeah, it means less people who work day shift have to go to work while it is still dark out. Or darker out. But, the rest of the world deals fine with Earth being tilted on its axis.

And then there is the whole end time being 1200 Eastern/1700 UTC. As of 1200 Eastern Sunday, 1200 Eastern and 1700 Greenwich/Zulu/UTC were NOT the same time. Might be the best proof Nancy is organic. A "built" lifeform would have processed and caught that.

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

For us in Arizona, the time changes. Daily change is always 10pm, but end of event is 10am in the winter and 9am in the summer. Dabo is also a consistent 10am. Only event start and stop changes. Not sure how it is in other places, but that is how itnis for me in Arizona.
  • That is where you went wrong believing UTC was still the category being used. Recent down time showed EST as the new time measure and god know what the next one will be. Keep us on out toes and use a different time zone format each time hey.

Suspect WRG had simply copy and pasted previous event notes and didn’t pay heed to players pointing out before the event that there clocks changed in US.

If only we had a community manager to ensure clear communications with the players….
    Event is over. But announcement said 1700 UTC. That's really bad, I had many shuttles returning too late.

The ET time for the event was fixed and unaffected by the recent time change. The correct time for UTC was actually 4:00 PM, but unfortunately, team didn't realize that the time had changed, so the event announcement was scheduled for the wrong time in UTC. We apologize for any confusion caused.
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to be part of a team with one office in the US, and one in Europe. Twice a year we'd have a period where Daylight Savings was on for one but not the other, which played absolute havoc on our Outlook meetings.

I'd love to see DLS abolished.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    I used to be part of a team with one office in the US, and one in Europe. Twice a year we'd have a period where Daylight Savings was on for one but not the other, which played absolute havoc on our Outlook meetings.

I'd love to see DLS abolished.

The current proposal is to make DST permanent, in USA. No clock changing except when traveling to different time zones.
  • Hi! Just in case you have any doubts about the timing, this is the official table for all the events and sales: https://startrektimelines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/9693579557271-How-does-Daylight-Saving-Time-DST-affect-Star-Trek-Timelines-

I hope this helps to clarify any future confusion. :)