Home The Bridge

Do you want pure Skirmish events to be brought back?

13»

Comments

• Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I typically clear thresholds in the first few hours on Thursday, take it easy on Friday, barely remember to do anything on Saturday, then just tap, tap, tap throughout Sunday until I'm in the rank tier I want. Having to either finish by Saturday or wait until then cramps my style. The only saving grace is that it's so rare I even give a damn about about the rank rewards that it makes little difference to me what the other phase is.
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I enjoy pure skirmish events.

They don't seem to be missing to me. Sure, the last two were Nov and Dec, but it used to be that hybrid events were almost exclusively faction/galaxy. I'm glad WRG has been experimenting more with skirmish hybrids.

If WRG were to say pure skirmish events were going away, I'd be unhappy. But the opposite is true. If I missed something from them about having more hybrid skirmishes than pure skirmishes, I think that's fine. I like the idea of having a mix, and wouldn't want to see either pure or skirmish hybrids disappear.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    My biggest issue with the hybrids is they keep putting the skirmish first. If you work Mon-Fri there isn't a lot of time to skirmish in phase 1. But the skirmish points are so much higher than the other event types, it makes it super difficult to compete in phase 2 with people that had time in phase 1 for the skirmish. VP between event types need to be re-balanced overall. But especially when skirmish is only phase 1 the difference is really a problem.
  • SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    Yes
    AviTrek wrote: »
    My biggest issue with the hybrids is they keep putting the skirmish first. If you work Mon-Fri there isn't a lot of time to skirmish in phase 1. But the skirmish points are so much higher than the other event types, it makes it super difficult to compete in phase 2 with people that had time in phase 1 for the skirmish. VP between event types need to be re-balanced overall. But especially when skirmish is only phase 1 the difference is really a problem.

Totally agree with you: hybrid event gives an advantage for those who have time to play during week.

From game diversity perspective having different types of events is the best way. Restoration of pure Skirmish event will give a chance to those who are busy on Thursday, Friday.

I hope @STT Community reads our comments & helps us by sending our thoughts to game team.🙏
  • Hi, thank you for your feedback, I'll pass all your suggestions to the team and I'll try to give you an answer about your petition.
  • Yes
    Hi, thank you for your feedback, I'll pass all your suggestions to the team and I'll try to give you an answer about your petition.

Thanks. Would also be nice to understand why WRG has chosen to remove pure skirmish from the usual roster. Please could you investigate that and get back to us (assuming there is anyone left that knows why)

• Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Looks like someone listened.
    Pure skirmish event next week
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Looks like someone listened.
    Pure skirmish event next week

And it explains where the "phantom" Trait came from for Voyages.

62rkgrgugau2.png
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
    edited March 2023
    Yes
    Are we allowed to talk about the Ranked Reward being an Existing 4 🌟 and no 5 🌟?

put61ami2y9b.png
    vcln2ziqtuel.png

Or is that a warning offense?

3rxsjp5glxi8.png
  • Yes
    The preview screen says the 5* is Night Writing Benny Russell, guessing they just don't have the art approval to show it yet.
    Yes
    The preview screen says the 5* is Night Writing Benny Russell, guessing they just don't have the art approval to show it yet.

Interesting. Usually they have been holding the Event from the Hub until it is ready.

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Interesting. Usually they have been holding the Event from the Hub until it is ready.

Anyone who knew to do that probably left.
    edited March 2023
    Yes

If only this had been a character from an episode that aired decades ago. They could have had enough lead time for the artwork approval......

EDIT: 25 years ago last month...,

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0708538/
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

If only this had been a character from an episode that aired decades ago. They could have had enough lead time for the artwork approval......

But not 25 years of lead time to know to do the art in the first place. Also: a quarter century? Damn, I'm old. How did that happen? Why did that happen?
    Yes

But not 25 years of lead time to know to do the art in the first place. Also: a quarter century? Damn, I'm old. How did that happen? Why did that happen?

Still, though. It's an example of not remembering the 6 Ps. If a character is from a current airing show and it gets sprung on them, that is one thing. But, they should have given themselves enough lead time on an old character to make sure there was enough time for the approval process. I keep saying it because it keeps being true.

Sex Bob-Omb Jurati is a good example. Wasn't there an approval issue with her artwork? Because Shan specifically said months ahead of her Event she was coming. Those months ahead would have been the time to start making art and submitting it for approval. That is them not properly planning.