Event discussion - Skirmish Event Notes Yo ho! / A Pirate's LIfe - 2023-03-23

Comments

• Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    A second Benny Russell.

His name in game is
    Night Writting Benny Russell
    But in the announcement its
    Writing Through the Night Benny Russell.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    A second Benny Russell.

His name in game is

That's to distract from a 2023 Legendary having 2013 numbers.

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • A second Benny Russell.

His name in game is

He's the #52 ranked voyager.

https://www.bigbook.app/crew/sisko_russell_writing_crew
    A second Benny Russell.

His name in game is

And he is brand new.

51 existing Crew are better than a new Ranked Legendary people have to compete for.
  • You want to go back to the days when players competed for Voyager 200 or 300?
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    A second Benny Russell.

His name in game is

And he is brand new.

51 existing Crew are better than a new Ranked Legendary people have to compete for.

Why would they ever put a super high-quality new 5* crew as the reward during a full skirmish event, which I'm sure garners the most player engagement of all event types? Most players participate heavily in skirmish events just for the honor, far more so than the honor of rank (sorry).
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    A second Benny Russell.

His name in game is

And he is brand new.

Why would they ever put a super high-quality new 5* crew as the reward during a full skirmish event, which I'm sure garners the most player engagement of all event types? Most players participate heavily in skirmish events just for the honor, far more so than the honor of rank (sorry).

May I turn your attention to Lt. Commander Spock?
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    A second Benny Russell.

His name in game is

And he is brand new.

May I turn your attention to Lt. Commander Spock?

He’s the exception that brought all ship battles to a halt for awhile.
    A second Benny Russell.

His name in game is

And he is brand new.

💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲

Heavy competition would actually drive spending. Them missing that while looking for more and more ways to monetize the game sure does make them look smart.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    A second Benny Russell.

His name in game is

And he is brand new.

💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲

Heavy competition would actually drive spending. Them missing that while looking for more and more ways to monetize the game sure does make them look smart.

If skirmish events were driving spending we'd be getting more of them. Players keep asking for skirmish events because of how much free stuff they get. So why would they use a top crew in an event that will yield even more free stuff?
  • According to the wiki, the last 5 full skirmishes have on the average yielded pretty decent crew.

Lt. Commander Bryce - current VOY 119, #1 SCI base, 4 collections
    Princess Thalia and Runa - current VOY 171, 4 collections (fan favorite episode of SNW as well)
    Breakthrough Booker - current VOY 150, 3 collections
    Master Surchid Falow - current VOY 95, 3 collections
    AGIMUS - current VOY 11, 2 collections

So while there is some merit to the theory that no top crew are in skirmishes, there are always exceptions. Like there are some clunkers in Factions and Galaxies, but also top crew there as well.

I think it depends where they are in the event rotation, what crew do they have approval for artwise, and do they have a ship approved to go along with it.
  • Does anyone else think that the Ferengi ship in the splash screen for this event is depicted flying backwards?
    edited March 2023
    hermdelica wrote: »
    Does anyone else think that the Ferengi ship in the splash screen for this event is depicted flying backwards?

There is a thread about it.

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/20169/tv-shows-got-it-wrong-the-krayton-flies-backwards#latest
  • the pirate ship from next weeks skirmish is the final ship in this weeks skirmish
    the pirate ship from next weeks skirmish is the final ship in this weeks skirmish

I seriously did not even think about it. But, you are correct.

I always look at The Serene Squall and think how cool it would be for someone who knows how to make a Mod for Armada II to replace the Fed Cargo Ship.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    the pirate ship from next weeks skirmish is the final ship in this weeks skirmish

Definitely the wrong ship on Epic... another epic quality control fail, with absolutely no communication about the error or a forthcoming fix, more than 24-hours into this flawed event.

Kudos!
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely the wrong ship on Epic... another epic quality control fail, with absolutely no communication about the error or a forthcoming fix, more than 24-hours into this flawed event.

Kudos!

ico22r8s2v4r.jpg
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

Kudos!

Didn't QC get the Axe?
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
    I'd rather they just roll with it rather than "fix" it and we end up with another fiasco. Remember the outrage if they do a "fix" or there is another problem during an Event and they add a day because of the downtime. Better to have the wrong pixels in one Skirmish battle than weeks of complaints because the "fix" causes other problems!!!!!

The 👹 you know beats the 💩⛈️ you did not expect.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather they just roll with it rather than "fix" it and we end up with another fiasco. Remember the outrage if they do a "fix" or there is another problem during an Event and they add a day because of the downtime. Better to have the wrong pixels in one Skirmish battle than weeks of complaints because the "fix" causes other problems!!!!!

The 👹 you know beats the 💩⛈️ you did not expect.

good point
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!

• Bonus crew
    - high bonus: event crew
    - small bonus: variants of Angel, La'an, Kim.

Variants of angel? As far as I know there are none.

Nice to see a full skirmish event though.
  • A1llas wrote: »
    Bonus crew
    - high bonus: event crew
    - small bonus: variants of Angel, La'an, Kim.

Variants of angel? As far as I know there are none.

Nice to see a full skirmish event though.

They always include variants of _____ for all the event crew, even if one of them is the only variant. It's likely a template they use for the announcements.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be cool if Red Angel Burnmom Angel counted as variants since they all have Angel in the name. Alas, no.
    Let’s fly!
    Everyone is missing the most important thing.

For the love of mercy someone please make Captain Angel a sammich!!!!!!

• Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Angel I Riker
    mavr28dc7m0m.png

• AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    Since all people are already on the Angel train: I'm now throwing in Dread Pirate Q, because we have A Pirate's Life event. A pity I can't use him. Why, Gods, why? :'(
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Angela Martine?

crew_full_body_cm_angela_martine_full.png

• Avatrunei wrote: »
    Since all people are already on the Angel train: I'm now throwing in Dread Pirate Q, because we have A Pirate's Life event. A pity I can't use him. Why, Gods, why? :'(

Just use him? Why not put him in thresholds :D
  • AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    Avatrunei wrote: »

Just use him? Why not put him in thresholds :D
    I think putting him in the Community rewards of the last Galaxy phase would have helped us all in at least reaching the 10x premium pack.

Sure, it would be nice and generous, but it's unlikely the devs will do it. It would be more likely, if they add him as a event crew and add him to the event pack.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be cool if we had Pirate Q in this event if it is pirate themed.
    Let’s fly!