Home Engineering Room
Options

Faulty search function

It seems that the crew search function doesn't function properly. For example, I can't find all the Lily Sloane crew by using the term Sloane, only by using Lily. Searching for all the Cochrane crew was only one time successful, all the other tries were unsuccessful.

Comments

• Options
    Avatrunei wrote: »
    It seems that the crew search function doesn't function properly. For example, I can't find all the Lily Sloane crew by using the term Sloane, only by using Lily. Searching for all the Cochrane crew was only one time successful, all the other tries were unsuccessful.
    Avatrunei wrote: »

Agreed I have similar issues, for Boss battles cryostasis vault etc... Galaxy Tab A T510
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same issue. I discovered that when I started typing in the name and chose the auto suggestion, it popped in into the field with a space after it. Something in the new system either added the space or treats it differently. Remove the space at the end and the search should work.
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    I experimented a bit and found out:
    • Satin yea
    • Dress yea
    • Lily yea
    • Sloane nay
    I don't know what causes this, but I can say: if you ain't a nerdy Star Trek lexicon and/or have a good memory, you're frakked up. We must rely on being able to use surnames, otherwise it becomes really challenging for many players. A functioning search function is essential with this abundant number of crewmembers and versions of them.
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    Captain's log, supplemental:
    I can confirm that the search problems with surnames and other similar cases are linked to the automatically inserted free space upon using mobile devices. This is also the reason, why the forenames (or terms which ain't on the last position) are easily found. Now I'm able to work around that problem.

Nevertheless, it would be super-cool, if the devs could enhance their code, that free spaces which aren't followed by additional characters would be ignored. Thanks.