Home Engineering Room

Bug in new bridge

edited April 2023 in Engineering Room
The new boss defense buff is bugged and increases the damage instead of decreasing it.

Edit:
So to add some numbers to clarify.
UNM does 700.000 raw damage.
With the level 20 bridge we had a 48% boss damage reduction resulting in 364.000 damage done.

With the new boss levels you can notice that the new buff is listed separately and that damage done in battle has increased to 397.600 which exactly matches a 4,8% increase.

2cdg5vw0kk0u.jpg

This has been confirmed by several players from different fleets.

Comments

• I've noticed in increase in damage taken by the boss as well
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is now costing us Valor every single day to run battles multiple time. They need to send out some additional valor until this is fixed.
  • I notice a decrease of damage points by nearly 30% (bridge level 21)
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what percentage, but I'm scoring a good 5 million lower than usual.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure its related with this….but i score way lower than usual as well.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Not sure its related with this….but i score way lower than usual as well.

Same. Everything is worse after this update
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    At bridge lvl 21 am having to fight my FBB battles on manual and still dying before it ends. I haven’t had that since bridge lvl 15.
    Let’s fly!
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    My usual node solving combo is an Artifact with Dereth/Scotty/2xTrait people. Previously it scored about 8-10M in UNM if the trait crew have unremarkable ship abilities. Now it’s 6-7M.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • edited April 2023
    I have noticed this, too, and it cost me a lot of valor.
    It would be so nice if anyone from the team would post here with an acknowledgment of the problem and a commitment to and expected eta for a solution.
    Please?
  • At bridge lvl 21 am having to fight my FBB battles on manual and still dying before it ends. I haven’t had that since bridge lvl 15.

So would you advise holding on upgrading bridges if this is only going to worsen the problem?

And as i understand, there are 2 issues effecting damage from boss. This one, and the removal of ship HR % of a % damage and moving to straight damage, (which is a feature fix of a long standing problem with ships utilizing reduce hull damage, and is working as intended- ie won't be fixed)
  • @WRG Ben commented on Discord that they would look into it.
    However considering it's the same mistake as they did before, it should be a quick and easy fix.
    It would be good with some acknowledgement or progress update @STT Community
  • Can we get some acknowledgement of this? It's ridiculous that I can use the exact same setup as before but now with X4 actions cool down reduction I can't even make it to the end of a fight whereas before with all my bonuses I could make it to the end with only X2 reduction. Something is very clearly messed up
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there! We're aware of this bug and we're currently working on a fix. We plan to release the fix with the next server update scheduled for Tuesday, 4/18.

This is nice to hear. You do understand that we would have liked this information a whole lot sooner? You do understand that people are questioning how much they can trust the game?
  • KopaceticK[BART'S]KopaceticK[BART'S] ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Hey there! We're aware of this bug and we're currently working on a fix. We plan to release the fix with the next server update scheduled for Tuesday, 4/18.

This is nice to hear. You do understand that we would have liked this information a whole lot sooner? You do understand that people are questioning how much they can trust the game?

Looks like it's only been 3-4 days since Ben acknowledged it. A bit long but not all that unheard of. I'm sure it took a bit to squeeze some tests in to verify. Unless its a show stopping bug, they're not dropping everything and looking at it. It was acknowledged on discord, because that it where the 1st reports came from. Could Nancy been a bit prompter? Of course, hopefully in the future they will.

That said I'm extremely happy they acknowledged the problem and are working on a fix for it.

*edit looks like more than a few days, sorry. 4/5 was the comms to Ben when I checked back in Discord.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confirmed on my end to be fixed. Was getting old to fight on manual for less 😂