Home The Bridge

Concerning the new campaign writing room.

My concern is with the crew you grant us for this campaign.
The orinary campaign has not been giving us usefull crew for a while but this time it"s worse then ever.
Herbert Rossoff was just given to us courtesy of last event. So who exactly did you figure would work a month to gether the points to get a crew he allready has? Picking a worse choice at this time would not be easy, but I have faith in your ability to manage it anyhow.
To get the existing legendary crew you actually have to pay. I doubt many would pay to get this months brilliant pick Kay Eaton. The only way you"re going to sell her anyhow is because the only way to get the new legendary Albert Macklin, probably a pretty good one, is to also buy the old legendary.

And so the theme of trying to irritate your paying fanbase continues. You"re getting pretty good at this.

In all seriousness please reconsider Herbert allmost any other crew would be better.
Also I, and I imagine many paying customers, would appreciate it if the existing legendary would not be totally useless. Perhaps next time? I would really like that as this is my favourite game, notwithstanding some very poor choices of you lately.

Comments

• IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Herbert should be replaced with Douglas Pabst.

There’s nothing wrong with Kay Eaton. If I don’t like Albert, I will likely pay for Kay since I have her at 1/5 and this keeps me topped up on Dil.

Shockingly not everyone has the same game experience as you do.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • To me, Kay Eaton is worth the $25 dollars by herself.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have preferred Julius Eaton or Adult Rukiya for the existing, but Kay Eaton is hardly a bad card. She's actually a pretty great Kira; I used here a lot in recent events that had a bonus.

As for the 4*, yeah not the best choice given recent events. They probably should have gone with Roy Ritterhouse, but that card isn't in the Writer Collection. I think the problem is there aren't many 4* cards in that collection AND that are in the Far Beyond the Stars set. But as it comes to the 4* card in the campaigns, I'm a big ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • As someone who only pays for the monthly card, campaigns are usually a great opportunity to get a fully fused 4* - but between already having Rossoff at 4* before the last event, it feels like such a waste to dismiss all of the copies over the last few days and am disappointed to see donut Rossoff yet again :(
  • EnderW wrote: »
    I would have preferred Julius Eaton or Adult Rukiya for the existing, but Kay Eaton is hardly a bad card. She's actually a pretty great Kira; I used here a lot in recent events that had a bonus.

As for the 4*, yeah not the best choice given recent events. They probably should have gone with Roy Ritterhouse, but that card isn't in the Writer Collection. I think the problem is there aren't many 4* cards in that collection AND that are in the Far Beyond the Stars set. But as it comes to the 4* card in the campaigns, I'm a big ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Maybe Author Doctor or Best Selling Sisko would have been better for the 4*. I don't know it's all 200 honor for me.
  • @A1llas
    So what would you say to someone like me, who needs 2 more copies of Kay to gold her, and had been planning on dipping into my very small horde of gold cites before I saw this campaign announcement? That, in your opinion, I quote: " I doubt many would pay to get this months brilliant pick Kay Eaton." and so I should just not bother?

C'mon, try and remember that there are players younger (in levels and playing time) than you who are still building their crew rosters. Have you forgotten what it was like when you were a lowly Level 50 captain, in awe of the crew other players had collected?

I will agree with your point on Rossoff, that they should have picked one of the other ones to feature instead of offering a crew repeat.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    EnderW wrote: »

Maybe adding Roy to the Collection and having him be the 4 🌟 would have been good. Some may argue he was technically not a writer, but the artwork was a key part of the stories in the old sci-fi pulp magazines. The artwork often incorporated actual elements of the stories. It's been a while, but the latest edition of "Writers of the Future" I have still had artwork that fit each story. A clear homage to the old pulps.

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »

Maybe Author Doctor or Best Selling Sisko would have been better for the 4*. I don't know it's all 200 honor for me.

Pabst is a 4*, a writer and from the same episode. I’m pretty sure I used him sometime in the near past but at least he wasn’t given away last event.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    As someone who usually airlocks all of the basic and premium campaign cards, because I don't need them, I have noticed lately the basic track cards are quite old, and often plentiful just prior to/during/after the campaign. They drop in voyages or with events.
    My best guess about this behavior was to help obtain all copies for folks who may not complete the campaign. However that defeats the purpose. I do try to think of all levels of players. The campaign is supposed to encourage daily play. I do find that to be a bit contradictory and not rewarding or encouraging to participate.

Secondly, my concern is this….

l8yutnidx1ew.jpeg
    p2v76zp68x9y.jpeg

So I get nothing? Psyc 🤪
    Or Arena rewards? (And btw there has been no goodies that I see)
    Instead of campaign?
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Kay at 3/5 after getting a third copy of her from a recent event pack, and still won't be spending money on the premium campaign. I have no confidence or trust in this game right now, given complete radio silence from Nancy for nearly a week, and an entire event running with inconsistent trait bonus application to 'dax' crew.
  • another Campaign to PASS on (that is for the 5* characters....). Another Herbert? I just airlocked (for honor) the last set.
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    I thought this was gonna be the EV suit collection

Jake & the Author were the only passable choices for purps as both Rossof & Pabst have both been offered in the past few weeks

From a personal point, Kay is a bit disappointing as I just spent 2 cites on her for the mega

The writer collection IS a very poor collection with Kay being the second best after the new Benny so you can't really complain why they chose her. True, the timing is bad given you could have gotten her just recently

I would have liked M'Ress, War Jake or Kelis

Overall, writers was a very lame choice for a campaign due to the lack of existing, nevermind good cards

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I have Kay at 3/5 after getting a third copy of her from a recent event pack, and still won't be spending money on the premium campaign. I have no confidence or trust in this game right now, given complete radio silence from Nancy for nearly a week, and an entire event running with inconsistent trait bonus application to 'dax' crew.

It being a holiday weekend, some understanding of her absence made sense. But, it is now going into the Wednesday after the holiday weekend, so hopefully we will hear something soon™️
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • BeefywillowBeefywillow ✭✭✭