Home Engineering Room

Lt. JG Picard has vanished from the Vault

I got a copy of Lt. JG Picard from a voyage, and I couldn't remember if he was new to me or already frozen.

I went to check the vault to find my answer, only to discover the vault has no listing for Lt. JG Picard. Doesn't turn up in searches, doesn't appear when just scrolling through the default view.

(If It's at all possible to resolve this in the next 6 days and 23 hours so he doesn't auto dismiss before I know if I want to keep him, it would be much appreciated)

Comments

• If it matters, he's there for me but I have him currently frozen. He shows up as my last Picard, right after 2024.
  • I used Data Core to check my roster, and I was missing him. After I made room on my roster to welcome him in, he was added to the vault in exactly the position you described.

I wonder how many other crew refuse to appear in the vault until they are recruited...
  • This occurs whenever you have an unowned crew in overflow (you mentioned the countdown). Since it's not truly unowned (silhouette), but also not fully in your roster or immortalized, it simply doesn't show in the vault search.

As you found out, this means you don't own him and need to make room. If a crew you just got is sitting in overflow and you already own it, the Vault will show you the star level/immortalized status of your owned copy.

Could be improved by showing the "dimmed" crew with its countdown to be more clear when searching the vault, I suppose.
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    This occurs whenever you have an unowned crew in overflow (you mentioned the countdown). Since it's not truly unowned (silhouette), but also not fully in your roster or immortalized, it simply doesn't show in the vault search.

As you found out, this means you don't own him and need to make room. If a crew you just got is sitting in overflow and you already own it, the Vault will show you the star level/immortalized status of your owned copy.

Could be improved by showing the "dimmed" crew with its countdown to be more clear when searching the vault, I suppose.

Thank you for that clarification. I had this problem too but with different cards. But wait, What? All available crew should show in vault even if un-owned. So you are saying that being in overflow (partially owned ,lol,) suddenly causes the vault to pretend like the card doesn't exist?
  • DAE wrote: »
    Thank you for that clarification. I had this problem too but with different cards. But wait, What? All available crew should show in vault even if un-owned. So you are saying that being in overflow (partially owned ,lol,) suddenly causes the vault to pretend like the card doesn't exist?

Kind of, yes! It feels like what's happening is the vault finds these cards in an unknown state and doesn't know how to display them, so it just doesn't.
  • Schrodinger's Vault
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    Schrodinger's Vault

I thought that exact thing. 😂😂😆