Home The Bridge

If you have the citations, do you immortalize Demo Man Scotty and Frantic McCoy?

Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
With Chances Taken Kirk now available in the 20-30 tier of FBB, do you think Scotty and/or McCoy will make a return to the game in FBB (or packs or crew retrieval)? Demo Man Scotty doesn't seem to be too useful but Frantic McCoy does. Your thoughts?

Comments

• Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    No. Exclusive means they don’t go in the portal (or crew retrieval for that matter).

Edit: it is always possible they’ll end up in some limited-time theme pack one day, as we’ve seen gauntlet exclusives, Quinn, and voyage exclusives in Tuesday packs. But no on the portal.

Edit2: Demo Man Scotty is extremely useful in FBB, generally in a damage set up with HR. The meta Artifact build is Dereth, Demo, TACO, Lab Kirk.

Edit3: realized I didn’t address the “in FBB”. If WRG tossed more copies of them into future levels of the bridge they’d have a lot of cheesed off elderly players. Myself included.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scotty and McCoy were never going to show up again in FBB even before Kirk. But they're both worth the citations. Scotty is still great for FBB, and McCoy is a solid voyager, especially having MED
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Immortalized them both. I may have to switch up my Reunion Spork, Laborer Kirk, TACO, and Dereth to Jenos’ suggestion now.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I immortalized Scotty, though I am not yet convinced it was absolutely needed. It wasn't bad, and I like Scotty. He is exceptional as a shuttle crew, at any rate. Haven't immortalized McCoy. I might, but I don't see the advantage. Someone here just said he was a good voyager. I'll check that out. I haven't looked into it; my voyage crew is pretty solid. Not sure where he ranks. I'll immortalize the new Kirk immediately. Waiting months to a year to get the other copies won't help.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    I cited Scotty to freeze him and free up a roster spot. All my immortalized 1 and 2 skill 5* crew are frozen. I have enough good shuttle crew that I would rather not waste the crew slot. I didn’t cite McCoy, since his best value is as a gauntlet crew. I figured Scotty would be safe to cite, in the hopes that he wouldn’t be available in the portal for quite some time, if ever.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cited them both to FF. Been using Scotty in FBB since he was 4/5. I don’t have the classic Artifact lineup, but he’s great paired with Vindicta on NM and he’s my primary hitter on UNM (Little John being my only other attacker). Will have to revisit my thinking once CT Kirk joins my roster.

Don’t think I’ve used McCoy except for gauntlet (he’s one of those high-variance cards I tend to avoid for voyages), but I’m ok with that.

I fully assume they will never be available any other way.
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    Demo is a must IMO for FBB. Always use him as well as arena

Scotty is great in Gauntlet

Definitely worth citing 99.99% if not 100 that they will never be available outside of FBB

I will be duping Kirk & citing him as soon as I get him though as he is #1 voyager(as of this writing) & great for FBB. Maybe replace Demo, or just MAco Mayweather
    Demo is a must IMO for FBB. Always use him as well as arena

Scotty is great in Gauntlet

Definitely worth citing 99.99% if not 100 that they will never be available outside of FBB

I will be duping Kirk & citing him as soon as I get him though as he is #1 voyager(as of this writing) & great for FBB. Maybe replace Demo, or just MAco Mayweather

I am also Team “Cite Kirk Right Away”. His +1 attack bonus over TACO translates into about 15% more damage and that will add up quick. Plus if you wait until bridge level 29 to get the third copy you will be waiting a long long time.

Ivanstone wrote: »

I'm on the fence about Kirk. I don't dupe crew, I'm not drowning in cites and it'll be awhile before I get Bridge 27 for his second copy. Still the best crew in game.

If you do spend money on the game, Kirk will definitely be a contender then for a DYC as you get 3 copies instantly
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm on the fence about Kirk. I don't dupe crew, I'm not drowning in cites and it'll be awhile before I get Bridge 27 for his second copy. Still the best crew in game.

If you do spend money on the game, Kirk will definitely be a contender then for a DYC as you get 3 copies instantly

I don’t do DYC. I do buy Ultimate Track Campaigns sometimes.

That’s enough to cite up Kirk but at the cost of collection development. Also he almost got creep jacked by Mirror Tuvok. He might not be so lucky in the near future.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s enough to cite up Kirk but at the cost of collection development. Also he almost got creep jacked by Mirror Tuvok. He might not be so lucky in the near future.

By the time we get to the third copy of Kirk there will have been another honor sale. There is probably more than enough honor from the FBB wins alone to get the two cites you need for Kirk.
  • There is also a legendary cite in the bridge rewards at level 28 that can be used for Kirk.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

By the time we get to the third copy of Kirk there will have been another honor sale. There is probably more than enough honor from the FBB wins alone to get the two cites you need for Kirk.

I'm not worried about getting him FF in the long term. Just not really sure if I want to dump 4 cites into him.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • Literally the #1 voyager. bigbook.app has him rated as the #1 overall crew, period. If you don't want to put 4 cites on him, who do you use cites on?
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally the #1 voyager. bigbook.app has him rated as the #1 overall crew, period. If you don't want to put 4 cites on him, who do you use cites on?

The question is not, is Kirk worth 4 cites. If you will only ever get 1 copy he is absolutely worth 4 cites. The question is, is Kirk worth 4 cites so he's FF after you get his first copy, even though you know you'll get two more copies. Or would you rather wait until he's 3/5 and then spend your 2 cites to FF him. You save 2 cites at the expense of waiting months for the final 2 copies.

That one I'm not sure there is as clear cut an answer to. The game is a marathon, but how much extra value does Kirk bring by having him FF earlier.
  • edited April 2023
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Literally the #1 voyager. bigbook.app has him rated as the #1 overall crew, period. If you don't want to put 4 cites on him, who do you use cites on?

The question is not, is Kirk worth 4 cites. If you will only ever get 1 copy he is absolutely worth 4 cites. The question is, is Kirk worth 4 cites so he's FF after you get his first copy, even though you know you'll get two more copies. Or would you rather wait until he's 3/5 and then spend your 2 cites to FF him. You save 2 cites at the expense of waiting months for the final 2 copies.

That one I'm not sure there is as clear cut an answer to. The game is a marathon, but how much extra value does Kirk bring by having him FF earlier.

Depending on the FBB trajectory of your fleet, it could literally be years before you get his third star.

Edit to add more info:

His +1 attack over TACO is worth 15% more damage to the boss. That will add up incredibly quickly in reduced valor costs. If you're using Vindicta, it's +3 attack over her and the damage scales up faster.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    I’m just not recalling it. How/when was Frantic Mccoy first available again?
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...

In the second ten levels of FBB. Might have been levels 15, 17, 19?
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

For some reason I was erroneously thinking earlier than that. Thanks for the info. 😊 There are so many McCoys in game that I must be remembering one of the other versions.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • I’m just not recalling it. How/when was Frantic Mccoy first available again?

I believe it was levels 17, 18, and 19.
    | dmscramjet's STT Collections sheet | stay tuned for the FBB simulator |
  • UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    Scotty! He is worth citing. Frantic mccoy I never used for shuttles or voyages. I should freeze him to make space for better Crew
  • Uluru wrote: »
    Scotty! He is worth citing. Frantic mccoy I never used for shuttles or voyages. I should freeze him to make space for better Crew

Frantic McCoy's best attribute is in Gauntlet. Notedly he is the 4th best Gauntlet crew in the game per bigbook.app. Please don't freeze him... or you can freeze him and join my Gauntlets if you like!

https://www.bigbook.app/crew/mccoy_frantic_crew
  • UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    I do not like Gauntlet. I stopped doing it for some years.
  • I'm immortalised Chances Taken Kirk straight away, I'll replace Demo Scotty with him.

Artefact: Dereth, Chances Taken Kirk, Maco Mayweather & Laborer Kirk used in that order.
    Getting him today 🙂
    I'm immortalised Chances Taken Kirk straight away, I'll replace Demo Scotty with him.

Artefact: Dereth, Chances Taken Kirk, Maco Mayweather & Laborer Kirk used in that order.

Keep demo, swap MACO
    Everyone's a critic..
    93kc65lynond.jpg
  • Already did
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only done a few tests, and the tests will differ based on the bonuses.

However: I use a level 9 Artifact with Dereth in the first spot and Laborer Kirk in the last. I had Demo Scotty in the second and Mayweather in the third. I got 26 million (often I get more; I got over 40 once).

When I swapped Mayweather for Chances Taken Kirk, I got 2 million more.

When I swapped Scotty for Chances Taken Kirk, I got 3 million more.

For what it's worth, my initial tests indicate that Kirk and Mayweather is more effective than Scotty and Kirk. I'll do another when the bonuses are different.