Home Engineering Room

Duplicated graphics and effects

This started with the 9.2 update. I'm really surprised nobody has reported it (that I can see), so I'm doing it myself.

This is happening on the iOS version, but not on the Windows Store version. I haven't checked Steam or Android since I mostly stopped playing the game on those two platforms.

These are not the only instances, but just a sample. Note that if any of the graphics are animated so are the tiny duplicates.

ynnx0xhutndx.png
yrvbs5q0we9h.png
xgpdjjehqm1u.png
uayxh5ldqjpj.png
fycg2ds3uqxr.png

Comments

• <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    And also the blank Polestar is an issue, too. It's always blank in the popup after opening a Constellation and blank on the Details side bar.
  • SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    Actually it has been previously posted, by myself (inventory screen bug). These two threads should probably be merged by admin.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    And also the blank Polestar is an issue, too. It's always blank in the popup after opening a Constellation and blank on the Details side bar.

Despite their recent announcement, this is still a problem on my end. It is not fixed at all.
    1qblk894tshs.png
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • -:- AZ689-:- AZ689 ✭✭✭
    The polestar issue isn‘t fixed, same for duplicate images
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    Nothing is fixed. In fact on 9.2.2 the brightness factor seems substantially worse on my IOS 8, the same on my IOS 6s, and now the add-warps are acting up.
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    Check out my crazy polestar reveals. Its like being at a disco. 70’s style.
    qb21ityrc8vq.png
    edited July 2023
    Absolutely none of this was fixed in the 9.3 update.
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    Ditto. None of this was fixed.
    Now we have auto trainer button so that you dont need to look at the screen and be blinded while training.
    I dont blv that fixes the problem. Still way toooooooo much light. Tone it down. Why must it be so bright. All the light. All the colors.
    Just dim all of it, minimize “popping” and stop the duplicate effects.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    DAE wrote: »
    Now we have auto trainer button so that you dont need to look at the screen and be blinded while training.
    I dont blv that fixes the problem. Still way toooooooo much light. Tone it down. Why must it be so bright. All the light. All the colors.

That brightness, is not all the time for me. But , I too have trouble watching the screen while it is there. One annoying thing with it, in voyage I am trying to pick a crew with the trait, that bight star right in the crew to select , makes it hard for me to see crew with trait.
    @STT Community
    DAE wrote: »

The extra bright effects happen because they are duplicated on top of each other as well. Not just a mini version of the effect happening on the side. It's the same problem that happens sometimes during a ship battle. When you activate a crew ability, sometimes there's an extra bright flash and the game lags. That's because the effect is being duplicated multiple times over itself.

And during galaxy missions. When you build a recipe for the event, there's a flash and that gets duplicated the more times you do it. So after about 20 or 30 minutes of building for the event, you might have a super bright and super laggy game because it's rendering the flash effect 50 times overlapped. That problem has been around since before WRG even took over, but somehow they seem to have made it worse by creating tiny duplicate effects all over the screen.
  • Are we really trying to push a full year of this crap? Still unfixed.
  • Greetings Captains, thank you for reporting these issues, the team has already been informed and is working on these bugs. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your support. LLAP
  • Greetings Captains, thank you for reporting these issues, the team has already been informed and is working on these bugs. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your support. LLAP

It's good to finally have acknowledgement of the issue after so long. Hopefully it's not another 9-10 months before it's fixed.