Home The Bridge

Roadmap

Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
Normally, I like to roast WRG, but today I’m going to praise them for releasing a roadmap for Timelines’ future. I appreciate having a good idea where things are going and it gives me greater confidence that the game will not shut down overnight. This is encouraging me to spend again.

Comments

• Lots of it looks very good to me, particularly the idea of new episode-like things for immortalised crew to try with temporary buffs (though I'm not quite sure what "generated" means ... some sort of AI thing or something more like voyages, where details are dropped into existing templates?).

OTOH I have to admit that I'm a little bit uneasy about the idea of a new Gauntlet gold in July, given all the very good points that were made when FFA was replaced by Mirror Mariner so quickly. But perhaps the introduction of gauntlet beholds will help to offset it.
  • t'filt'fil ✭✭✭
    I concur. A most welcome release. I think the development with client 10.2.0 to return to the episodic narrative content will be most efficacious for the game. A very logical step, almost Vulcan like. Thank you.
    T'fil Vice-Principal - Species Outreach and Xenoarchaeology Vulcan Science Academy

"There is nothing to gain from haste but error." Surak Second Analects
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    A road map is better than no communication at all, so im thankful for that.

I am not certain about the temporary nature of the immortalized crew buffs, or the requirement that crew have these temporary buffs in order to complete these missions. While we know next to nothing about what this feature will look like in its final state, i dont find much interest in temporarilly thawing a crew to temporailly boost them for a temporary purpose.

I am cautiously optimistic about that new feature as well. Many times in the past I have been excited for something new, only to be disappointed by the execution. I like the idea of an infinite expedition feature that makes use of immortalized and/or frozen crew, but the thought of having to manage active/frozen crew and worry about a secondary set of equipment makes me worry that they are over-thinking things and trying to monetize the new feature (or introduce even more new currencies like they have done with retrieval and boss battles).
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    Lots of it looks very good to me, particularly the idea of new episode-like things for immortalised crew to try with temporary buffs (though I'm not quite sure what "generated" means ... some sort of AI thing or something more like voyages, where details are dropped into existing templates?).

I imagine "generated" is a procedural system. Something where they can define rules on how the mission structure should work - number of nodes, options for forking paths, rules on skill use and number targets, et cetera. Then it spits out the missions, rather than someone sitting down and designing them by hand.

I'm excited by this as well. In the early days I really enjoyed the resource puzzle those missions offered, but after completing them that part of the game was sort of done. Sounds like this will bring Missions back, as well as avoiding the problems Expeditions had.

I even hope this could potentially lead to Expedition events again. Or a variation on them. The cost of designing missions was mentioned as one of the problems. If they now have a way for the server to auto generate missions of escalating difficulty that opens the door to a more interesting new event.

I was on the same wavelength as you both then because that was my immediate thought as well.

As long as they get the algorithm right, then procedurally generated content to allow players to play through stuff "again" is a good additional option for the game.

And they've needed another event type in the rotation for quite a while now...
  • Very excited by the development roadmap. Looks like we have some good stuff to look forward to!
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not real happy with the Gauntlet crew introduction rate either, but that is because I'm awful at it. I'm still sorting out exactly how to build a team, which crew I need to equip that I've overlooked, timing, etc. I haven't had a Gauntlet crew drop since August.
    I'm actually looking at finishing the OE requirement this week. I don't usually. Sometimes, I get frustrated and ignore Gauntlet for a bit. I've been consistently trying since Archer was introduced. I know lots of players don't play unless there is a new crew to get. Maybe this is their response. Really, how about joining a Gauntlet with bad crew to help folks out instead? For a few seconds every couple days, you could help someone get that crew they're still chasing. We send 1/5* ships crewless into the Arena. Why not the same principle in Gauntlet?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • I theoretically like having more good gauntlet crew in the game because it gives more meaningful choice to which 5 you take when you play. As long as they don't introduce auto-win-must-have-obviously-superior stuff I'm happy with introducing new ones more frequently in conjunction with the new beholds.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I theoretically like having more good gauntlet crew in the game because it gives more meaningful choice to which 5 you take when you play. As long as they don't introduce auto-win-must-have-obviously-superior stuff I'm happy with introducing new ones more frequently in conjunction with the new beholds.

Agreed. The more good gauntlet crew there are the less likely there will be walls because everyone won't pick the same 5.
  • AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    Really, how about joining a Gauntlet with bad crew to help folks out instead? For a few seconds every couple days, you could help someone get that crew they're still chasing. We send 1/5* ships crewless into the Arena. Why not the same principle in Gauntlet?
    The answer to this is quite simple: it hurts much lesser, if you have that ship in Admiral's Division maxed out and more schematics would only be replicator fodder. Gauntlet crates give you random, but also useful stuff. Like merits or chronitons. Even if the dropped legendary is fully fused, you can use its worth of honor for saving honor to cite up another legendary. True story.
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Tuesday pack today :/
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the Borg mixed behold is still live, it would make sense for that to end first, which oddly enough is *checks calendar* next Tuesday.

Since there is only 39 available Borg in the 40 threshold Borg collection, one may even assume/predict/extrapolate that the return of the Tuesday packs will feature Borg #40.

The math is there. It's mostly odd numbers.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank? wrote: »
    The math is there. It's mostly odd numbers.
    All numbers are odd, some are just odder than others.
    We are bound to see Seven from Picard S3. Definitely within a few months tops.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    There is crew that show ups with bonus who is not in the Borg collection yet.
    I think this could be the 40th currently, but more Borg crew can be on their way.

3spujjxkox9r.jpeg

Edit: No it looks like they never deactivated anyone who had bonus in this megaevent. I mean the specific crew.

fs8l4j7mcdqn.jpeg
  • weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    There is crew that show ups with bonus who is not in the Borg collection yet.
    I think this could be the 40th currently, but more Borg crew can be on their way.

3spujjxkox9r.jpeg

Edit: No it looks like they never deactivated anyone who had bonus in this megaevent. I mean the specific crew.

fs8l4j7mcdqn.jpeg

Confirmed as intentional in this thread: https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/20279/event-discussion-skirmish-galaxy-event-notes-sub-zero-mega-event-1-2023-04-13 - NoNameNamer asked about the hidden "apr2023" tag. It seems to be a deliberate change in response to the common complaint of mega crew not always having the mega trait.
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the 40th Borg....
    aj30v4h91nrk.gif
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Tuesday pack today :/

Tuesday pack is back. I got Amanda Cole (a MACÓ) on my first pack and she’s a 4*

cxvw24qe44zj.jpeg

Hold on. Does Money have the duel MACO/Starfleet traits? I don't think she does. Cole should be tagged the same.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed. Definitely not Starfleet. No Enterprise crew have Starfleet.
    They have Starfleet. They don't have Federation, except Federation President Archer. Mirror Reed/Mayweather have SF/MACO, but that's Mirror Universe. Prime is a different story. Prime MACOs being separate from Starfleet was a huge plot point.