Home The Bridge

Is a Super Rare Honorable Citation worth much these days?

Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
This seems to be the most frequent prize in the Tuesday OE. All of the Thursday Events give you three of the 4* new crew with a moderate amount of game play and there usually is a reward to get a 4th in the event or is usually obtainable using some dilithium for a couple of event packs. With Tuesday packs coming back, I hope there is still a mix of 4* and 5* new crew like before to make these cites useful to all players. Otherwise, most of these citations just end up accumulating unless you are a new to relatively new player on the road to immortalizing all the super rare crew. Thoughts?

Comments

• Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoblemanDK wrote: »
    it saves you from trying your luck once with the event pack.

Unless you are trying your luck to get the featured 5* with a couple of packs.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have most 4* crew in game immortalized. 12 of the ones I’m missing are not in the portal currently.

Excluding those I’m still running a 4* Citation deficit. I need at least 12-15 citations despite semi-regularly buying campaigns. Add nine more if I use them to help fuse 0101.

I’d still say they’re necessary.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the past, I used to get portal pulls and hold crew until I get 4 copies of new SR crew. Now there are so many crew in the portal, that when I finally get one, I just cite them up. I think it is the only way to manage how many 4* crew there are.
  • JC022JC022 ✭✭
    I only need two purples, both non-portal, all others done. So for me no not a value with how common they're now with the mid-weeks
  • After the next portal update, they will lose significant value for me. Currently, I need 11 non-portal crew. That is 33 cites with 7 in the tank.

They have not released any non-event 4* crew since last portal update. Thus the portal update after won't have a large quantity needing cites.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have some SR I need. Plus the new ones in faction and skirmish events. The citation helps me keep my crew slots under control by freezing more SR.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    even when the portal gets updated making it the ever diluted pool, a SR citation will always have some use.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • After the next portal update, they will lose significant value for me. Currently, I need 11 non-portal crew. That is 33 cites with 7 in the tank.

They have not released any non-event 4* crew since last portal update. Thus the portal update after won't have a large quantity needing cites.

When reintrodicing the tuesday packs, new super rares may occure so bless the super rare cites
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently used a couple dozen I had saved to finish off a few collections. But I have no more collections that would be finished with citations, so I'm just holding tight. I like that we get them, but I save them until they will benefit me. No need to cite a crew (except for faction events) unless they will help a collection. So I just let the 4* crew hang out until more copies come naturally or I have a need.
  • eXo | RamzaeXo | Ramza ✭✭✭
    It'd be good if they could just make it so you can trade an obscene amount (let's be real here, it's not gonna be like 3 for a 5*) for a 5* citation. Makes me think more about getting them because yeah, what OP said.
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    After the next portal update, they will lose significant value for me. Currently, I need 11 non-portal crew. That is 33 cites with 7 in the tank.

Ben said that Tuesday packs are coming back

I am using mine for faction/galaxy hybrids as I can't be arsed waiting forever for the 4th copy

Until the last portal update, I had all purps done

Since the last portal update, I have yet to come across a new crew & that's after opening what must be coming close to 200 10 packs now
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still like having them
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    They will always be useful for merge crew, that are 4* and 4* or 5* and 4*.
  • eXo | RamzaeXo | Ramza ✭✭✭
    I think it just comes back to that the game just needs more options change resources into other shapes, albeit at some taxed rate.

Naturally, this doesn't have to be like 0* Databases becoming 1* Databases, and be limited to stuff like citations and leveling up stuff.