Home The Bridge

RNG Victim Support Group

Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm fed up.

It is clear from recent moves that WRG is moving away from what we all knew for years and pivoting to a new model. The game now is now less based on effort, skill, or spending like before and instead is becoming some new FOMO/RNG perpetual anxiety landscape.

It has been several weeks since Mirror Tuvok was introduced and getting him is entirely RNG. I have checked the faction store EVERY day just hoping for the chance to give WRG 5,000 dilithium and it has not yet happened. Tuvok is one of my favorite characters in all of Star Trek, he is arguably THE best card for voyages, and there is absolutely nothing I can do to acquire this card other than hope.

They have now changed up Gauntlet and are cycling the cards every 3 months to force participation, but let me tell you, even winning every time does not guarantee anything. I haven't won a gold card in MONTHS despite winning dozens of Gauntlets and opening hundreds of victory boxes. I missed my chance at Archer and have yet to get a sniff of Mariner (FYI, I boycotted for a couple weeks but came back once they announced beholds). There is nothing I can do here either other than hope. I've spent THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of dilithium in Gauntlet since January and have absolutely nothing to show for it. This is a source of unbelievable frustration, bordering on anger.

And we also have new 5* voyage exclusive cards. I send natural 12 hour voyages daily, sometimes extend to 14 so if I understand the process that is a minimum of 4 chances every day and I have yet to get a single copy of either card. I've even sent a couple Long Voyage (TM)s and still nothing. There is NOTHING I can do to get these cards either and the only "strategy" is to hope.

I want to quit playing, this is no longer fun. It is just pain. What is does a hope-based system become when there is no hope? Before if a new card was introduced I had a choice to either buy a Tuesday pack, compete in the event, buy event packs, etc, and I could acquire any card I wanted. Or if it was a Gauntlet card it would stay there for 9+ months to let the miserly RNG eventually filter out a copy or two if you worked for it. But now, there is an arbitrary wall governed by a random number generator, and no amount of effort, spending, or skill can overcome it. And if you are like me and your "random" number generator is permanently stuck on 0, there is no longer a point in playing. I am doing everything WRG has said I need to do to get these cards, and yet I do not get the cards.

I will not quit playing because I still enjoy leading my fleet, but WRG I just want you to know that is the ONLY reason I am still playing. You have replaced joy with pain. WRG, if you are steering this ship further into the RNG Sea you have GOT to put in place some kind of bad luck multiplier to make sure people who put in the time/effort can eventually get the stuff they want or I suspect you are going to start seeing people quit for good. You already do this during builds in Galaxy events, do it for all these new RNG modes. You have got to give your players a path to enjoy your product.

I just needed to vent and didn't want to hijack another thread. If you too feel victimized/frustrated by this new RNG system I encourage you to add to this. If you like how things are going now I encourage you to move on to a new thread, there is nothing for you here.

I just don't know how much more of this I can take.

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amen
  • eXo | RamzaeXo | Ramza ✭✭✭
    I have quit and unquit a lot, but the biggest issue is that GAMEPLAY hasn't grown at all. FBB is a loop fest, Fleet PVP doesn't exist/hasn't come out, events are tired, etc.

Sure, go and try to make more money, but at least give us more content that matches that fee hike.
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    On all your points, patience is a virtue

Gauntlet is pure luck, simple as that
    I got tuvok yesterday but am already kinda regretting it
    If you want him so badly then why not continue to refresh?
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    REQUEST: Will somebody please post a screenshot of a Gauntlet behold? I would like to see one and this is the only way. I would also like to see a screenshot of Mirror Tuvok in the faction store, just so I can see that it is possible.
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    REQUEST: Will somebody please post a screenshot of a Gauntlet behold? I would like to see one and this is the only way. I would also like to see a screenshot of Mirror Tuvok in the faction store, just so I can see that it is possible.

These have not been incorporated into the game yet.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bylo Band Here's Tuvok
    aheax2k2z51d.png
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    RE: Gauntlet I think what may also help is if they increase the rewards say 1st place 10 crates 2nd 9 crates 3rd 8 crates 4-10 get seven then 11-20 get 5 crates. While they are at it updating dabo and voyages to portal accessible schematics may help. They got to stop having further barriers to the brick wall that is RNG.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    RE: Gauntlet I think what may also help is if they increase the rewards say 1st place 10 crates 2nd 9 crates 3rd 8 crates 4-10 get seven then 11-20 get 5 crates. While they are at it updating dabo and voyages to portal accessible schematics may help. They got to stop having further barriers to the brick wall that is RNG.

Agreed. So much was overvalued from the start in this game, which has only been further devalued over time, especially as more crew have been added to the game - ie: premium packs, gauntlet crates, honor/cites, etc...

They would do well to either reduce costs or increase percentages of pulling the premium prizes. I like the idea of expanding the prize tiers in gauntlet, similar to how they did with event rewards years ago. They could also do something like adding a 2nd guaranteed 4/5* crew to premium packs, as a way to add value to offset the diminished value caused by broader pools of crew.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for getting in the spirit of this thread @SoupKitchen Riker! I literally LOL'd and will take your advice under advisement!

As the thread title implied (perhaps not strongly enough), I intended this thread to be a place for people to productively whine/groan/complain/etc about the recent escalation in RNG gating. And just a heads up I am probably going to slowly drive off the sanity rails in here, my intention is for it to be amusing/entertaining so grab some popcorn and buckle up! I encourage others to get in the spirit and contribute. I might start doing daily Captains Logs or something detailing my daily RNG bruises, because the alternative is to rage quit and this seems like that better option.

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fed up.

It is clear from recent moves that WRG is moving away from what we all knew for years and pivoting to a new model. The game now is now less based on effort, skill, or spending like before and instead is becoming some new FOMO/RNG perpetual anxiety landscape.

It has been several weeks since Mirror Tuvok was introduced and getting him is entirely RNG. I have checked the faction store EVERY day just hoping for the chance to give WRG 5,000 dilithium and it has not yet happened. Tuvok is one of my favorite characters in all of Star Trek, he is arguably THE best card for voyages, and there is absolutely nothing I can do to acquire this card other than hope.

They have now changed up Gauntlet and are cycling the cards every 3 months to force participation, but let me tell you, even winning every time does not guarantee anything. I haven't won a gold card in MONTHS despite winning dozens of Gauntlets and opening hundreds of victory boxes. I missed my chance at Archer and have yet to get a sniff of Mariner (FYI, I boycotted for a couple weeks but came back once they announced beholds). There is nothing I can do here either other than hope. I've spent THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of dilithium in Gauntlet since January and have absolutely nothing to show for it. This is a source of unbelievable frustration, bordering on anger.

And we also have new 5* voyage exclusive cards. I send natural 12 hour voyages daily, sometimes extend to 14 so if I understand the process that is a minimum of 4 chances every day and I have yet to get a single copy of either card. I've even sent a couple Long Voyage (TM)s and still nothing. There is NOTHING I can do to get these cards either and the only "strategy" is to hope.

I want to quit playing, this is no longer fun. It is just pain. What is does a hope-based system become when there is no hope? Before if a new card was introduced I had a choice to either buy a Tuesday pack, compete in the event, buy event packs, etc, and I could acquire any card I wanted. Or if it was a Gauntlet card it would stay there for 9+ months to let the miserly RNG eventually filter out a copy or two if you worked for it. But now, there is an arbitrary wall governed by a random number generator, and no amount of effort, spending, or skill can overcome it. And if you are like me and your "random" number generator is permanently stuck on 0, there is no longer a point in playing. I am doing everything WRG has said I need to do to get these cards, and yet I do not get the cards.

I will not quit playing because I still enjoy leading my fleet, but WRG I just want you to know that is the ONLY reason I am still playing. You have replaced joy with pain. WRG, if you are steering this ship further into the RNG Sea you have GOT to put in place some kind of bad luck multiplier to make sure people who put in the time/effort can eventually get the stuff they want or I suspect you are going to start seeing people quit for good. You already do this during builds in Galaxy events, do it for all these new RNG modes. You have got to give your players a path to enjoy your product.

I just needed to vent and didn't want to hijack another thread. If you too feel victimized/frustrated by this new RNG system I encourage you to add to this. If you like how things are going now I encourage you to move on to a new thread, there is nothing for you here.

I just don't know how much more of this I can take.

RNGsus demands sacrifice! And he needs your starship…

qm41omdyvdyd.jpeg

Why does God need a starship?

But if it is needed, I have an unbelievable collection of excess schematics. I am happy to donate the lot of them. Probably be able to build a whole fleet.

In fact, schematics is about the only thing with which I am favored by RNG. Maybe I would get further by seeking schematics. Maybe it is a reverse psychology thing.
  • weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    While they are at it updating dabo and voyages to portal accessible schematics may help. They got to stop having further barriers to the brick wall that is RNG.

That would leave new accounts even more at the mercy of RNG in terms of getting a ship to to a high enough level to be usable for skirmish and have full antimatter for voyages. Having a limited pool really helps them catch up. (The voyage drops are avoidable by making the right choices, and the Dabo ones are far from the only junk on the table.)

Anecdata, but I've been running a nightmare mode account for a year and a half now and still only have the Prakesh and Orion Syndicate Interceptor at 10/10. If that same number of schems had been spread across all the portal ships I'd have huge numbers of ships at levels 2-3 and maybe a couple at 5 or 6 from blind luck.
  • Reading your post it feels like I wrote it. Same exact issues.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    RNGsus or stupid planning on my part.

I have already used my other 2 accounts to solve 3 nodes in the 5th level. I know Starfleet is one of the traits , so I pretty much got this solved. Only problem my 3rd account is at 250 Quantum and the crew I need is Human, Costumed , Starfleet, and saboteur, I do not have either Katrina or Klingon West , but both my other accounts do.🙄

Also, I used my quantum just the other day to get fencing Picard , in just the same position as today's.

Edit: I have been picking up a lot of 5*'s on my 3rd account to prepare for the NM and UNM. But, just in two days I needed crew I did not have.

Edit2: none of the my accounts had Fencing Picard yesterday. Now my 3rd does. My 3rd account is missing 172 5* and 5 4* from the pool.

Edit3: Where as my main, 78 5* and 3 4* , my 2nd, 88 5* and 5 4*. Also, my main and 2nd still have the event Quantum so one more crew each.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    I forgot to mention my 3rd account got Mariner in gauntlet yesterday. Now it has one more gauntlet crew than my main and my second account.No beholds in gauntlet yet for any of my accounts.

I participate more frequently with my 3rd account trying get Chron to help level crew.

And, it has been gauntlet's with more crew available.

Mariner acquired in a 12th or 13th position rewards so 7 on the next best boxes,
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    While they are at it updating dabo and voyages to portal accessible schematics may help. They got to stop having further barriers to the brick wall that is RNG.

That would leave new accounts even more at the mercy of RNG in terms of getting a ship to to a high enough level to be usable for skirmish and have full antimatter for voyages. Having a limited pool really helps them catch up. (The voyage drops are avoidable by making the right choices, and the Dabo ones are far from the only junk on the table.)

But that’s the point why should they have a skippable “worthless” dilemma 600 schemes is a huge boost for new accounts and replicator fuel. Also the point is that schemes can also drop randomly in place of purple crew - isn’t it better (less of a sting) by having ship schemes that could be of use?

Once new accounts have a 10/10 skirmishes is easy, but with the right crew even with a 6/10 they can probably earn more points than they would on normal they may not complete the skirmish round but they would still be getting more points per round.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate to do this to you. I'm really sorry RNG is working against you. Reading your post tonight reminded me to check the faction store.

iropmcat1ph6.jpg
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I literally have the note about Tuvok on my whiteboard so I check daily. It's hard to read with my other STT notes up there, but it's working so far. That reminds me- I need to check my Voyage soon.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    Since I have the 5k dilithium not earlier than tomorrow, I do hope, that I ain't lucky today. Hence my misfortune saved me so far spending extra bucks on the game. But tomorrow beware, because Zeus' thunderbolts are waiting to struck down RNGesus! :p
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Okay yesterday on the process of solving the 3rd level of nodes.

(Headache on this one spent 2:30 hours trying to solve just the first 3 levels took a break after this level)

I used my 3rd account first which was the only account with Fencing Picard

(as mentioned in my previous post, I had to use quantum to acquire in solving last level of nodes, which the next day I did not have the quantum to acquire the crew I needed)

My main account had to use Quantum to acquire, none other than, Fencing Picard, I was trying to cover the traits Athlete and starfleet (node traits) and Human, Tactician, and Duelist. I figured that either Human or Duelist would be one of the traits .

(had eliminated Human and Duelist already as well as Klingon. If I was wrong it would be Vulcan as one of the traits)

The crew that solved the node was Fencing Picard with Human and Tactician. I really thought it was going to be Duelist

PS: I will now always start with my 3rd account when solving the nodes, because of having less crew. I will ignore valor which was my old approach. Old approach was that the account with the most valor and least crew would go first.

😊😉I wonder if I should go ahead and use quantum to acquire Fencing Picard on my second account before the game forces me😉😉😆
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    I feel like the universe is balancing the negative mojo emanating from this thread by shining positive light onto other players... I got my first gauntlet Mariner from a 15-streak box over the weekend.

Over the years I've learned it's best not to worry or really even try all that hard in gauntlet. Play when you can, use a few merits every now and then to keep a streak going, and RNG will surprise you when you least expect it. I've had way more luck from 6 and 9 streak boxes than top-10 finishes, including quite a few wins.
  • -:- AZ689-:- AZ689 ✭✭✭
    It is hard to keep streaks, if RNG f* you all the time. On paper, you should clearly win a match (way higher stats + 25% vs. 5% crit), but RNG let you loose by miles.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    You want bad RNG, my fleet is stuck on the last node of Nightmare, because of the glitch. Three! possible options, ALL unique. Two tried and excluded. No one has the Orion Captain to do the last one. He's one of the 100 that even I don't have. I sent a ticket for a manual unlock, but no response so far. We had a unique a couple battles ago too. It needed T'Ana, but I had her.
    6egoj4w608in.png
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*