Home The Bridge

Enough with Galaxy events already!

Like the tile says enough with the damn Galaxy events.
This is becoming beyond boring.
The bot planning the events needs a reset as it seems it's stuck on GALAXY mode .

Comments

• bennybenny ✭✭✭
    I agree but it might be intended as WRG Ben has been looking into our chroniton stockpiles.
    l6cr8i34spqj.png
    xz9qwlo1r5vi.png
  • weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't use to stockpile chronitons much at all, but since the Critical Chroniton Levels OE came in (the chrons->quantum pump one) I now treat 10k as the bare minimum, because being able to retrieve more often is by far the most effective thing to improve my game.

I assume that that OE is intended to encourage players to run down their chrons(/drive direct purchase via the web store) but for people who didn't already have a hoard it's an incentive to start one. (I also hoard credits as well.)
  • Could we just get a toggle to skip the animations? This could work for galaxy recipes (which should work like a warp button), and automatically activate 3x ship battles and 4x gauntlet. We use the same resources, no no impact to WRG profits and we all get time back. Winner.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Here's a wild idea...let us spend our chronitons on something that gives us a better chance at acquiring Vori Defender Chakotay or First Flight Archer (I had to look both of those names up because I cannot seem to get either card).

WRG: You guys have too many resources.

ALSO WRG: Hey guys, here are all these cool new cards your stockpiled resources will not help you acquire.

Pick a lane!

On top of that, trying to get those new cards by doing voyages and gauntlet will fill up your resource stockpiles even faster.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unpopular opinion: I like galaxy events.

Sure they are tedious. However, I can do them on my own time while watching a show or such. The addition of endless time boosts has made faction events rather annoying. If you don't plan ahead and practically set a timer for every hour and a half, you have no hope of getting top 750. That is my definition of success.

Now, if you are only going for threshold, then faction events are the best. But for the 4th copy of the 4* crew and for the doing it on your own time, galaxy are fine.

I like skirmish, too. But those need the most time commitment of all.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d be happy with a new event type… Time to put on the thinking cap WRG.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t really horde resources like some people. I’m very far from being honour capped so at minimum I’ll blow out my chron horde for credits and buy 90k pulls.

I’m in a position where I could crush almost anyone in a galaxy event without spending a chron. I just don’t because its tedious and time consuming. I don’t mind playing for thresholds because of the free 4/4 and 10 pull but it’s still a lot of work getting anywhere.

Factions require a certain amount of personal scheduling but very little work in comparison. Skirmishes somehow manage to be dumber but more engaging at the same time. I can recline my chair, put on some TV and do very little movement to get my little mini loot box. Galaxies have just enough button pushing to make them tiresome. I suppose it doesn’t help that I’m playing on a 6 year old phone that needs to be reset every 100 or so completions so it’s memory doesn’t get bogged down. I could play in my IPad but it’s heavier and requires more thumb travel.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • First off resource management is part of the game.
    Unless the event is extra competitive which it has not been in a while not many spent chronnotons.
    Do make more Boeing galaxy events as I have to go on vacation soon and I won't mind not playing ...
  • edited May 2023
    I will never stockpile chronotons until the time that all of my crew are FE. That being said, I would MUCH rather burn my stockpile on a Skirmish event.

Now if the Galaxy events were targeted towards killing the useless component stockpile, that would be more appreciated. As it is, the only good thing about Galaxy events is that you can get 4 copies of the event purple without paying for anything.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now if the Galaxy events were targeted towards killing the useless component stockpile, that would be more appreciated. As it is, the only good thing about Galaxy events is that you can get 4 copies of the event purple without paying for anything.
    The extra 10-pack's nice too. But otherwise, yep.