Home The Bridge

Event Discussion - Faction/Galaxy Event Notes Janeway Was... - 2023-05-18

Comments

• General MortarsGeneral Mortars ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, Luther Sloan... Why not Herb Rossoff? We haven't had him for some time too.
  • Ah, Luther Sloan... Why not Herb Rossoff? We haven't had him for some time too.

Indeed. Need to add him finally to my collection - ehm, i mean airlock ...
    Looking for a fine fleet? With the game having reached the age of a small child, players went and newly joined. We are an active fleet and are also connected in friendship with Klingons. Grab your daily starbase donations. Get your daily Fleet Boss Battles rewards guaranteed? Chat about Trek? Want more than just the game? Consider joining [TLA] "The Liberal Alliance"Contact me in-game [TLA] Khazaan or even better on the LINE app, handle also "khazaan".
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI Everyone, Princess Thalia and Runa are not new crew. They were released during an event last year, which means that the following week will be a Flashback of Barking on the Bridge, another Galaxy event.

So now they're announcing an important change that matches what was originally announced? All because they labeled a crew new instead of old? And talks about the next event which was never even announced?

Why does it feel like the people writing these announcements don't understand what they're saying?

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/20422/important-changes-faction-galaxy-event-notes-janeway-was-2023-05-18#latest
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    FYI Everyone, Princess Thalia and Runa are not new crew. They were released during an event last year, which means that the following week will be a Flashback of Barking on the Bridge, another Galaxy event.

So now they're announcing an important change that matches what was originally announced? All because they labeled a crew new instead of old? And talks about the next event which was never even announced?

Why does it feel like the people writing these announcements don't understand what they're saying?

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/20422/important-changes-faction-galaxy-event-notes-janeway-was-2023-05-18#latest

Perhaps following the major announcement will come the major award!

z2xl4hq1hq1z.jpg
    :D
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    Are they saying we won't be getting Maddox? The clarity of their message is lacking.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick wrote: »
    Are they saying we won't be getting Maddox? The clarity of their message is lacking.

Maddox is this weeks ranked. thats not changing. They did a quick swap of next weeks ranked reward right after they announced it. I didn't catch who it was before they swapped it though.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »

Maddox is this weeks ranked. thats not changing. They did a quick swap of next weeks ranked reward right after they announced it. I didn't catch who it was before they swapped it though.

That's the confusion. They did the swap before they announced. Then hours later announced a correction that matched what was initially announced. So it looks like they're announcing a change of nothing.
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add me to the list of people who didn’t understand this morning’s announcement. Nancy already announced that the ranked reward next week was Princess Thalia and Runa and the announcement this morning is that the ranked reward is Princess Thalia and Runa.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the confusion. They did the swap before they announced. Then hours later announced a correction that matched what was initially announced. So it looks like they're announcing a change of nothing.

Ah, gotcha. I just assumed they announced it as something else first and did a quick swap then.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭

An announcement from the Department of Redundancy Department....
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Hey, I just deleted the announcement to avoid any confusion. The thing is, the ranked reward for the upcoming event is usually a new crew member, but we encountered a delay in character approval, so we had to use an existing character instead.
    This issue also affects the event scheduled for next week, which will now be a flashback event called "Barking on the Bridge".
  • Gandozer {SoS}Gandozer {SoS} ✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    So to be absolutely clear the next 2 events will have existing 5* crew as the top reward? And if so have a Tuesday pack crew be the top reward instead? I just coincidentally have Thalia and dog immorted, I’m just asking for a friend :)
  • Unless Nancy is confusing the terminology (which is possible):

Rerun = existing Legendary at 400k VP
    Flashback = no existing Legendary at 400k VP
  • weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    Reruns also have a new legendary who becomes bonus crew and is the gold prize the week before (like CMO Tendi was for the event that just finished). The fact that Thalia is the reward next weekend means it's definitely a flashback.
  • so now there is no in-game post in the event hub....do you guys even play your game?
  • Unless Nancy is confusing the terminology (which is possible):

Rerun = existing Legendary at 400k VP
    Flashback = no existing Legendary at 400k VP

It's an inverted event, which means we'll have two featured 5* crew members (one existing and one new) and one existing 4* crew member.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old question but need reminding does M Burnham definitely count as a vulcan and thus have bonus for this event?
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old question but need reminding does M Burnham definitely count as a vulcan and thus have bonus for this event?
    Only the versions of her that have the Vulcan trait count as Vulcans. Most versions of her don't.
  • [RotP]Ran Airen[RotP]Ran Airen ✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me or did they really miss an opportunity here to give Tuvix some kind of special bonus here?
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    And then Mirror Tuvok + Tuvix can be merged for Mirror Tuvix as an even better crew. WRG gets people excited about making more Tuvix and sells extra copies of Mirror Tuvok.
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    It also seems like a missed opportunity to include Terran shuttles to help with our month-long event, which also could have opened the door for a storyline to exist where Janeway made the decision to keep Tuvik whole in a mirror universe.

That will happen with the skirmish hybrid
  • I honestly do not get it. Why set the free campaign of the month with a character that you gave a few weeks ago or will give very soon? This is like the third or fourth campaign with this issue in it. It does not make sense, itreduces the interest on the free campaign (and it will not increase the adquisision of the paid campaigns).

would you share your findinigs about this subject? Because from a (paying) player it does not make sense, thank you.