Home The Bridge

Event discussion - Galaxy Event Notes Barking on the bridge - 2023-05-25

Comments

• Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a gold crew at 400k? If so, which one is it?
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet they put Camping Archer in the pack and not at 400k.
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    I bet they put Camping Archer in the pack and not at 400k.

No gold crew at 400K
  • What is a variant of Hirogen? Wouldn't that be a trait?

"small bonus: variants of Hirogen, La'an, Archer, Keyla, and crew with the ‘Klingon’ trait."

And unless you are counting Detmer, there are no vairants of Keyla or La'an.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Salamander ParisSalamander Paris ✭✭✭✭
    Princess Thalia is a La'an variant
  • imdwalrusimdwalrus ✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Yippee another galaxy event, oh wait it's even better it's a rerun, oh wait even better no legendary reward for taking part again. Brilliant idea to alianate your player base... Oh wait that wasn't your intention? (in case it wasn't obvious heavy sarcasm here)
    Yippee another galaxy event, oh wait it's even better it's a rerun, oh wait even better no legendary reward for taking part again. Brilliant idea to alianate your player base... Oh wait that wasn't your intention? (in case it wasn't obvious heavy sarcasm here)

I'm enjoying all these weeks off from caring about events. Good luck to the person in charge of motivating me to care about competing again. I do feel sorry for the person in charge of participation metrics seeing them tank.

And the thing is, I like Galaxy events. But if they're going to all be repeats with crew I have or lousy new crew, there is no reason for me to spend my time or resources.

I'm not even expecting to hit the community rewards this time. If there was a legendary like a copy of Archer at 400K that might be enough for me - but for Dad Riker who won't be very useful going forward and a portal pull, that's not worth the thousands of chrons it'd cost to place in the top 1500.

I'm not complaining, though. In the Oops All Galaxy Events era I need to take occasional breaks to avoid burnout and build up resources again, and this weekend is a perfect chance for that.
    I retrieved Porthos recently & cited him straight up. Will be skipping this

Have Worf done already so will be taking it easy next week
  • -:- AZ689-:- AZ689 ✭✭✭
    I don‘t expect to hit community threshold before sunday. Look how slow it is progressing.
    But nothing unexpected: galaxy event = boring, rerun of a recently galaxy = boring, no legendary as personal reward = boring
  • FYI - community rewards are only available (and only can be earned) in phase 1. So if 1B VP isn't met in the next 29 hours, then we don't get the 10x pull
    Thanks for the Info, so, no 10x pull for this event
  • weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    It looked like we might make it early on, but the pace slackened off hugely after the first 12 hours or so. I guess a lot of the people who are playing this event reached whatever threshold they'd decided was worth it and then peaced out.
  • It's also Memorial Day Weekend in the US with nice weather, BBQ/Grilling outside time, along with a boring event
  • Smiley WirelessSmiley Wireless ✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    And indeed - no prem pack community award. Last I checked earlier, it was looking short by quite some distance. The going is obviously very slow - I'm not even half way to thresholds but still top 1500 at this point.

Very rarely since galaxy events started has top community reward been missed - and now it's twice in as many months. I've been around long enough to remember when the prem pack would routinely be hit in the first 12-18 hours!

I wonder will anyone at WRG actually get the message - enough with the galaxy events!
    Skirmish doesn't cost you anything - it gives you a chance to farm for galaxy & you can get back the chrons you use (why they have been cut back most likely)
    Faction doesn't cost you anything apart from the credits you use for the packs & dilith if wanted
    Galaxy uses up both resources & chrons. Not a problem for top players of course.
    Galaxy burnout
  • Disappointed, but not surprising that we didn’t hit the final community threshold this event. Too many Galaxy events and too many re-runs, flashbacks etc. People’s chrons are depleted and sick of seeing the same cards from events that seemed like just a few weeks ago.
    We desperately need skirmish and full faction events and with new cards please.
    There needs to be some reason to play the game, or is WRG deliberately trying to crash and burn?
  • What a crappy event, no 10x community pull. Zero enthusiasm for click, click, click! If doing re runs, I think they need to give out citations instead of the crew cards people already have.
  • Daedalus5 wrote: »
    What a crappy event, no 10x community pull. Zero enthusiasm for click, click, click! If doing re runs, I think they need to give out citations instead of the crew cards people already have.

This is what I came to find out. I was shocked it was on only for phase one.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daedalus5 wrote: »
    What a crappy event, no 10x community pull. Zero enthusiasm for click, click, click! If doing re runs, I think they need to give out citations instead of the crew cards people already have.

The community awards are only ever awarded based on one phase, phase 1 if it's a full galaxy or whichever phase is the galaxy phase in a hybrid. So it's nothing out of the ordinary.

It's really disappointing that we didn't hit the threshold, but it's not really surprising. It's a flashback event with no 400K legendary to encourage people to go for threshold. (They could have given us Archer and Porthos at 400K, to give us a shot at the second event legendary. I bet that would have upped participation.) Kyle Riker isn't exactly the world's most exciting ranked award so there's not much incentive there either. Plus it's a holiday weekend in the US and elsewhere, so activity was always going to be down.

I know this was a last-minute rescheduling of the events because of an art issue, but somebody made a bad choice picking this one to fill in.
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Daedalus5 wrote: »

The community awards are only ever awarded based on one phase, phase 1 if it's a full galaxy or whichever phase is the galaxy phase in a hybrid. So it's nothing out of the ordinary.

It's really disappointing that we didn't hit the threshold, but it's not really surprising. It's a flashback event with no 400K legendary to encourage people to go for threshold. (They could have given us Archer and Porthos at 400K, to give us a shot at the second event legendary. I bet that would have upped participation.) Kyle Riker isn't exactly the world's most exciting ranked award so there's not much incentive there either. Plus it's a holiday weekend in the US and elsewhere, so activity was always going to be down.

I know this was a last-minute rescheduling of the events because of an art issue, but somebody made a bad choice picking this one to fill in.

A card like that as a threshold? Never! At least Worf is next week
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Low participation this week. I am always threshold and out, I rarely aim for rank.
    I got 1 copy of Kyle Riker which surprised me.
    Not complaining mind, but it does show there was a lower than usual participation for the top end
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    I cleared threshold Friday night then did some more Saturday morning thinking we just might get the 10x premium pull. Then I was done for the event - I was surprised I placed just inside the ranking to get a copy of Kyle Riker. I didn’t care if I got a copy or not.

At least I’ve got another card to use for the upcoming Faction event, plus I have something to work on for this weeks objective event.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is one copy of Kyle Riker a slot waster or do you airlock him?
    When are the faction rewards returning? They used to include them in galaxies seeing as factions have been reduced

WaldoMag wrote: »

Feed him to the dogs if you are low on space- especially with the mega coming up which will eat up slits both from incoming crew & defrosting crew

Why I didn't bother partaking & probably will sit out next week too
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Hold him at least until after his faction event.
    Let’s fly!
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

Hold him at least until after his faction event.

Of course that means leveling.
    I guess the question I should ask, is it worth leveling Kyle Riker only to airlock him after the next event.