Home The Bridge

Lack of New Crew in Events

Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
WRG has recently stifled game participation with a lot of rerun events including this week's with no new characters. They would get a lot more people actually engaging in weekly events with new crew which run 4 days rather than sprinkling them in the Honor Hall, Voyages, and Gauntlet irritating many in the the player fan base.

I have been stopping several recent events at 130000 points and this week with no new crew and nothing at 400000 I will be doing the bare minimum of 2000 for each half. If they are running out available and approved crew, have some events with one new crew until they start building up a healthy of new crew in reserve ready to unleash into the game. That is when they should be doing the experimenting of adding new crew to the game in new ways.

Comments

• Dangevin [CAB]Dangevin [CAB] ✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
  • weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    Even my Nightmare Mode account has both Keyla and CW Worf immortalised. I am farming chronitons from the lower tiers of rewards (just using components I already have and enough missions to hit dailies) on there, for the sake of the midweek event that's on its way, but in general I'm glad of the chance to skip the galaxy grind.
  • AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    It’s always the guest accounts that whine the most. There is no point having in them in the forum. The forum account should be tied to an active game account by the DBID number.
    I don't know if they whine more, but the "guest" accounts are no more different than "regular" accounts, since they are basically the same. The only difference is, that most forums make it obligatory to choose a forum name right at the start, and here you get a provisional name called guest+number, which you may choose to change at a later time. I took the time too.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avatrunei wrote: »
    It’s always the guest accounts that whine the most. There is no point having in them in the forum. The forum account should be tied to an active game account by the DBID number.
    I don't know if they whine more, but the "guest" accounts are no more different than "regular" accounts, since they are basically the same. The only difference is, that most forums make it obligatory to choose a forum name right at the start, and here you get a provisional name called guest+number, which you may choose to change at a later time. I took the time too.

The difference is the same person can churn through multiple guest accounts. Since Shan left and no one is actively monitoring these accounts, there seem to have been a growth in guest accounts all complaining about the same thing.
  • AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    It pleases me to see people with names who have verifiably contributed to this community publicly call out "Guests" and question the rationale for even allowing them. I might be in the minority on this issue but I don't even read comments by "Guests" and I encourage everyone to treat them the same way. Get a name, get some skin in the game, and your words have weight. Allowing "Guests" on a community forum is like allowing tourists on vacation to vote in a local election just because the ballot box is in their hotel.
    What words have weight depends on WRG's point of view, because all accounts are tied to email addresses, hence WRG knows how much these email addresses (which are tied to DBIDs) have paid or played, whether they have chosen a unique forum name right at the start or left it the generated provisional forum name.

Everything has pros & cons. This way DB lowered the fences for more feedback from paying customers, but at the disadvantage these people aren't recognizable by every forum user. Additionally, not all feedback giving players want to be recognizable by other forum users (whatever the reason is), nor want to stick forever with a name they had to choose in a hurry, because they simply wanted to give more detailed feedback aside a limited store review system.

In the end, WRG is a money earning company, so as much feedback as possible is of the most importance to keep the coins rolling.

By the way, if DB had wanted, they could have chosen to use BorgDroneNumberX instead of GuestNumberX. It really doesn't make any difference.
  • JoeSage 2JoeSage 2 ✭✭✭
    On second thought, ill go ahead and rescind my application to join this “community”, where the most active posters say that new users shouldnt be allowed to join the community since they have “guest” accounts.

This seriously made me “LOL” when i saw that one of the users whos standing on a soap box calls themself “sulus husband”. So, this person is not anonymous because they put a non sensical, delusional string of characters together?

My fleet mates warned me that the forum was toxic. My god were they right! My first post here and people lash out telling me to quit the game.

TY for you option, sorry about the forum, people can be VERY opinionated; you can always Ignore peeps who are not very welcoming, I just wanted to show you not everyone is toxic. LL&P, IDIC
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    Whether you name your account or leave it as a guest makes no difference whatsoever