Home The Bridge

Event Notes - Faction Event Notes Battle ready - 2023-06-01 (rerun)

Comments

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reed looks like a a little john Riker clone for boss battles. Hes ok, but misses an opportunity to make him a reason to go hard in the event.

Make him a +7 attack instead of a +6 and reduce his cycle time to 20s and you have the new choice everyone wants for FBB. Even just doing +7 with the slower cycle and he might be a better choice if you have a high enough bridge to survive. But right now Dereth is still better and the only people that will want reed are the people without dereth and Riker.
  • BeefywillowBeefywillow ✭✭✭
    Yet another rerun, at least there's a legendary as the top threshold reward. That will be my sole motivation to participatein this event. It seems like they are struggling to come up with new content. I sure hope that changes again.
  • Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    I was going to take it easy but after seeing Mok’bara Worf at 400k I’m eager to make my copy a 2/5. Glad that this time the legendary at the end of the rewards is one that I’m already working on. Plus having the chance to finish Anbo-jyutsu Riker so I can freeze him is great.
  • weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    The Mirror Boimler month-long OE (which ends 12 hours after this event) requires 200 Terran faction missions to be completed. I'm pretty sure that in all previous cases, the month-long faction has popped up in a weekend faction event (or faction portion of a hybrid) somewhere during the month, allowing players to make considerable progress, but it seems this won't be the case this time round. Probably not an issue for people with all four shuttlebays, and/or who have Terran shuttles tanked, but some accounts may find themselves making trade offs between earning the 4th star on Boimler and harvesting VP in this event ...
  • Love the choice on Twilight Reed as our first Legendary from the Enterprise event. It gets me excited for the possibilities of the MEGA.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Mirror Boimler month-long OE (which ends 12 hours after this event) requires 200 Terran faction missions to be completed. I'm pretty sure that in all previous cases, the month-long faction has popped up in a weekend faction event (or faction portion of a hybrid) somewhere during the month, allowing players to make considerable progress, but it seems this won't be the case this time round. Probably not an issue for people with all four shuttlebays, and/or who have Terran shuttles tanked, but some accounts may find themselves making trade offs between earning the 4th star on Boimler and harvesting VP in this event ...

I finished mine Sunday, but you have a good point. I'm going to check in with my newer players and see where they're at. It's been a while since my fleet had this many newer players. It was before I was admiral, iirc.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • [RotP]Ran Airen[RotP]Ran Airen ✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

I believe there will have been 2.5 faction events during the OE. That's 10 days, leaving 20 days for the OE. You only needed 10 shuttles/day to reach that. You can run 6 rounds of shuttles a day. For someone with only two shuttles that's still 12 shuttles/day.

So for a player with only two shuttles and no tanked shuttles, it was still achievable while competing in all faction events. And if the player is running short there are always speed boosts and rental shuttles to earn more shuttles. If the player still misses, they weren't playing enough during the month. One of the points of the event is to encourage players to play. If the player chooses not to play, that's fine, that's their choice. But then they don't need to get everything that players playing more get.

You are 100% accurate but it is fair to say that players may have been expecting a Faction event with Terran based on what we have experienced in the past. I know that I was going slow at the beginning because I didn't want to "waste" running Terran shuttles if I was going to wind up spamming them later on.

When there is a lack of communication from WRG, all players have to go on is past experience. That makes it frustrating when they change things up without notice/warning.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.

I believe there will have been 2.5 faction events during the OE. That's 10 days, leaving 20 days for the OE. You only needed 10 shuttles/day to reach that. You can run 6 rounds of shuttles a day. For someone with only two shuttles that's still 12 shuttles/day.

So for a player with only two shuttles and no tanked shuttles, it was still achievable while competing in all faction events. And if the player is running short there are always speed boosts and rental shuttles to earn more shuttles. If the player still misses, they weren't playing enough during the month. One of the points of the event is to encourage players to play. If the player chooses not to play, that's fine, that's their choice. But then they don't need to get everything that players playing more get.

You are 100% accurate but it is fair to say that players may have been expecting a Faction event with Terran based on what we have experienced in the past. I know that I was going slow at the beginning because I didn't want to "waste" running Terran shuttles if I was going to wind up spamming them later on.

When there is a lack of communication from WRG, all players have to go on is past experience. That makes it frustrating when they change things up without notice/warning.

See I looked at a Mirror Blinker and thought "Mirror or Lower Decks" concerning a possible event and banged him out. While I am concerned about my fleets newer players, so far, everyone that answered if they had Boimler either had him done or thought they soon would. Not everyone replied, but they seem to make good progress.
    On the other hand, before it started, I put up a reminder to switch their ships, so warped space battles counted, and preload Terran shuttles to jump start. Not sure how everyone else did, but I started with a dozen shuttles to collect. I know a couple other long time players did the same and a couple newer ones did after we explained. Teaching, reminding, and sharing information are things I consider being part of being a good admiral. Off to check the current FBB.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*

Agreed - it's definitely doable* and I think WRG have generally been good at calibrating things so that they are even for lower level/more casual players.

*though IIRC there were also three days of Section 31 shuttles gaining the event winner bonus so, again, trade offs between taking advantage of that vs working on the Boimler OE

But those lower level/more casual accounts might well just do the minimum for dailies in the week so could only have been doing 8 (4 waves of 2 shuttles or 2 waves of 4 shuttles) or 9 (3 waves of 3 shuttles) a day in the expectation, based on past experience as @[RotP]Ran Airen points out, that an event would sort it out for them.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed - it's definitely doable* and I think WRG have generally been good at calibrating things so that they are even for lower level/more casual players.

*though IIRC there were also three days of Section 31 shuttles gaining the event winner bonus so, again, trade offs between taking advantage of that vs working on the Boimler OE

But those lower level/more casual accounts might well just do the minimum for dailies in the week so could only have been doing 8 (4 waves of 2 shuttles or 2 waves of 4 shuttles) or 9 (3 waves of 3 shuttles) a day in the expectation, based on past experience as @[RotP]Ran Airen points out, that an event would sort it out for them.

We've had at least one endurance event in the past with no relevant faction events to make things easier. If you do the bare minimum and make assumptions based on absolutely no evidence then frankly you don't deserve the prize.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reed looks like a a little john Riker clone for boss battles. Hes ok, but misses an opportunity to make him a reason to go hard in the event.

Make him a +7 attack instead of a +6 and reduce his cycle time to 20s and you have the new choice everyone wants for FBB. Even just doing +7 with the slower cycle and he might be a better choice if you have a high enough bridge to survive. But right now Dereth is still better and the only people that will want reed are the people without dereth and Riker.

Reed has a different trait set than Riker. One of the things I look for when I node solve are repair crew even of they’re inefficient like Reed. Reed also has better passives.

Haven’t decided if I’m going to chase him or not. I have Little John and more importantly I have Chief Rutherford who has a little more duration on his attack.

All three of them would likely get put out to pasture if I ever pull a FO Chekhov.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

All three of them would likely get put out to pasture if I ever pull a FO Chekhov.

If I ever get a Chekov in a behold, I now always take him unless there is another really good card as he has only a 1 in 5 chance of getting retrieved & want to freeze him after I had no option but to pick him
  • SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    Chekov isn't worth it. He only does 15% repair.

Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick wrote: »

There is a point in bridge progression where you don't need the extra 10% hull, but the attack boost is a little extra damage when your other attack crew aren't active.

• IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick wrote: »

There is a point in bridge progression where you don't need the extra 10% hull, but the attack boost is a little extra damage when your other attack crew aren't active.

And he has a 17s cycle. My choice for extra attack is use Rutherford/LilJohn at 24s or potentially switch to Chekov at 17s if he ever shows up.

I've personally survived with 40% total hull repair plenty of times.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet another rerun, at least there's a legendary as the top threshold reward. That will be my sole motivation to participatein this event. It seems like they are struggling to come up with new content. I sure hope that changes again.

Should be due a mega starting next week. We should have new content throughout the mega.
  • pbertpbert ✭✭✭
    Just noticed that according to the event hub countdown this is only a two day event. No phases, so that should be 3d 23h etc.

Unless this is a known bug that I just haven't noticed before for events without phases?

2xc31m7uqyno.png
    It was a two phase event, both Faction. It's right.
  • It was a two phase event, both Faction. It's right.

Then it should say that. But it doesn't. Without the Phase 1/2 designator, it appears to only be a 2-day event.
    Once again, WRG can't seem to get it right.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭

The announcement does say it is a 2 phase event. But I understand the confusion, since I seem to recall other full faction events only being one phase of 4 days. I wonder if 1) I'm remembering wrong, or 2) why the change.
  • AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    The announcement does say it is a 2 phase event.
    I don't know, why a full faction event shall be a two phase event now, and maybe they wanted to increase participation by implementing community rewards in a second phase like the galaxy events have. Could be. But looking into the live game, everything indicates that they messed up something. Either the announcement is wrong and the event has only a 2 days instead 4 days lenght like they normally have, or they forgot or bugfully integrated the second phase. But by now, the current event simply ends after 2 days, hence it is imperative, that @STT Community needs to quickly reach out the coders, that they can implement a hotfix, before it is too late.
    This could be heading for everyone getting a free Mok'bara Worf in the mail ...
  • Riker's islan{DD}Riker's islan{DD} ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Full factions are always a single phase 4 day event. This was most likely just another case of the numerous "copy / paste" or "did not check it properly" errors we have seen so many times over the years....nothing new, lost or gained.

Restart game - timer is now as it should be....showing 4 day event

Makes me think - if nothing was said and the event actually ended at 2 days - who would loose more.....WRG or the player? Factions are P2W - so deffo WRG
  • AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    Makes me think - if nothing was said and the event actually ended at 2 days - who would loose more.....WRG or the player? Factions are P2W - so deffo WRG
    It all depends. Some players could end up higher in the rankings, if they haven't enough good timers for four days.
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    @STT Community Is this a 4 day event or two two day events?
  • AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    @STT Community Is this a 4 day event or two two day events?
    It was quietly changed to normal standard. Power up your game, and you will see.
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    Making a mountain out of a molehill again 🤦‍♂️