Home Strange New Worlds

Star Trek Discovery Episode 12 SPOILER Thread. Spoilers! You were warned.

GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in Strange New Worlds
OH man oh man oh man. I knew it, but at the same time I wasn't sure if I wanted to be right.

It makes so much sense, but it's almost too much. And on the heels of the AshVoq thing, I don't know if they're overdoing the "character is secretly someone else" stuff.

But daaaaaarn it I love Lorca even more now.

That whole "The people from our universe are more sensitive to light" stuff was the only silly part of this episode. They didn't need that, and its dumb.

Comments

• Yes, it all makes sense, and I love this plot twist!

So now we need a backstory to figure out how he ended up in the Prime Universe. I think the sensitive eye thing is going to be key in future episodes, so the Federation has a way to find stray Terrans.

That monster Imperial Palace Ship Charon is pretty cool. Reminds me of those "bad guy" ships from Buck Rogers, and some of the other 70s/80s shows.

This makes Stamets even more important a character than I ever thought he would be now. I guess we get a 5* Stamets sometime soon. LOL
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s so much to say about it but I can sum it up simply by saying it keeps getting better and better.
  • Enjoying the series more with each episode. Personally, I could do without the TV-MA ratings. Looking forward to seeing how Stamets & Tilly solve the crisis.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess we're getting a trait addition of Mirror Universe to the Captain Lorca that was released in the previous event? :smiley:
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like they'll probably leave Lorca as is and just pretend he was the original, non-MU version. Kinda like how I expect them to leave Tyler as is and pretend he's the pre-captured one.
  • And how will this conversation go?

Saru: "Michael, when Lieutenant Tyler felt more like himself, he mentioned there was another Kelpan on board the Shenzhou. I was wondering why you failed to mention this?"
    Burnham: [stammers] "well, I also saw th-, at least two more on the Palace Ship."
    Saru: "Oh? Did they seem well?
    Burnham: Well seasoned, she thought darkly. "They seemed... in good health."
    Saru: [smiles] "well I'm glad to see my species is thriving in some universe."
    [intercomm]: "Commander Saru to the Bridge"
    Saru: "Well, Duty Calls!" [walks towards turbolift]
    Burnham: [when Saru is out of earshot] "Yeah, they are... 'delicious, as always.'"
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Black PebbleBlack Pebble ✭✭✭✭✭
    The next time Saru's ganglea flares up, you'll see Burnham lick her lips.
    Hosun Lee
    Civilian, Brand and Marketing
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    The next time Saru's ganglea flares up, you'll see Burnham lick her lips.

I sincerely hope so
  • It is like the last Episode - when I thought it could not get any better, it gets much better!
    Wow, I did not see this coming, what a Plot!
    Live long and prosper.
    Not a Native English speaker - be lenient toward me
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    That whole "The people from our universe are more sensitive to light" stuff was the only silly part of this episode. They didn't need that, and its dumb.

It served as a plot device for Burnham to realize things/Lorca. So in that "light" it made sense...

• Actually, the part about the light makes sense. Remember in the beginning everyone wondered why he didn't have his eye's corrected. Now ya'll know, they were already working correctly. Plus they have to have some of plot device for the future, "how to you tell if someone is a MU", flash your brights at em.