Home Ready Room

Game taking up 1.24gb of storage

What can I do to reduce the amount of space the game is using on my tablet?

Its currently about 1.24gb.

Thanks

Comments

• Goto the option to delete data cache and viola saved usually 800 mb
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plasma's suggestion will indeed work, but the cache will eventually creep back up again, so it's only a temporary measure.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Plasma's suggestion will indeed work, but the cache will eventually creep back up again, so it's only a temporary measure.

But worth doing regularly
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it, though? I always thought the cache was mainly the graphic elements for the various planetary systems and such? And if so, wouldn't you just need to download the same things again, if you deleted them regularly?

The only time I ever clear the cache is when there's been an update to the app, just in case the old data doesn't "play well" with the new version.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • When I had the same problem, people said the game re-downloads that data every time even when it is present in the cache.
    I don't have a way to clear the cache other than to shut my phone off and turn it on again (or delete the app), and it is really annoying how the game will grow to fil all available space.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it, though? I always thought the cache was mainly the graphic elements for the various planetary systems and such? And if so, wouldn't you just need to download the same things again, if you deleted them regularly?

The only time I ever clear the cache is when there's been an update to the app, just in case the old data doesn't "play well" with the new version.

D'oh...I was thinking of "app data" not the cache...clearing both are only temporary measures. I cleared the data today (you will have to relogin into the game as it will forget you and restart the tutorial as if you just installed it). It was over 1.8 GB (and it has crept up to over 2 GB for me in the past). Most of the data is indeed planets and such but if you are at the stage where you are only really visiting faction centers and cadet challange locations it will take longer to fill up again. It is worth it if you are like me and are constantly downloading, deleting and archiving podcasts it's good to have an extra gig and a half to work with for a few months.
  • I have to delete and completely reinstall the app once a month (sometimes more). The incremental updates and cached files cause the app to balloon so it causes performance issues and grinds my iPhone 7+ to freeze constantly whenever the app has been recently used.

Same problem happened with Future Fight, so I was already used to doing this step.
  • I appreciate everyone's suggestions.