Home Ready Room

Stars in strange places

Can anyone tell me why there are stars beneath chronitons, honor, credits, and merits in the animations during voyages? I really can't seem to figure this one out. Sometimes there's one, or up to 3.
"I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!

Comments

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have assigned "ranks" to all resources, for some incomprehensible reason. I think each resource has a different # of stars, but I may be wrong about that part.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would assume that stars indicate loot rarity ... just like they indicate crew rarity.

So the "incomprehensible reason" is probably just something like "a visual indicator to accompany an item and how it relates to loot drop tables within the game".

So, if credits and Chronitons are both 1* rarity in voyages then the occurrence of them dropping at selected points would be equal (but in different amounts, as credits drop in 100 or 300 batches and coronations in 3, 7 etc. batches). They both have an equal chance of dropping per loot item.

This would be my hunch, nothing more, nothing less.
  • Black PebbleBlack Pebble ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Adding rarity to currency was to fix a bug mentioned in the release notes:

"Currency drops now display the same rarity color, instead of changing based on the rarity of the previous drop."

These were the scenarios where's your get Chroniton, credits, etc. drops and sometimes they'd be purple rarity or green rarity even though the quantity didn't change. The bug was that currency would inherit the rarity of whatever dropped previously.
    Hosun Lee
    Civilian, Brand and Marketing
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    And here I was expecting to read about someone seeing Shatner in their local supermarket. What a disappointment.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    And here I was expecting to read about someone seeing Shatner in their local supermarket. What a disappointment.

Like the time Dave Grohl was in a craft store?

say87jy38uma.jpeg
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    One small advantage of this change is now when you go into your Voyages screen, you no longer have to scroll all the way over to the right side of the rewards you have accumulated to see what your Chroniton total is for the Voyage.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irial wrote: »
    One small advantage of this change is now when you go into your Voyages screen, you no longer have to scroll all the way over to the right side of the rewards you have accumulated to see what your Chroniton total is for the Voyage.

No, I just have to find it in the middle of other items I don't care about. ;) Scrolling all the way to the right was not ideal, but at least it was easy for me to quickly find the chrons that way. If they're going to give credits & chronitons stars, then I say give them all 5 stars so they display at the beginning, and not in the middle.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    @Data1001 - I think having all the game 'currencies' at the beginning (i.e., on the left) with the Honor is a great suggestion :)