Home Engineering Room

DB, I updated the game and it won't let me log in???

Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in Engineering Room
Alright, we have a problem. So.....what do I do? And I am just letting you know, I am NOT happy!

Comments

• Black PebbleBlack Pebble ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Have you submitted a ticket?
    2) What device, OS are you on?
    3) What are you encountering? Are you seeing any text or error messages?
    4) Are you able to log in on a different device/platform?
    Hosun Lee
    Civilian, Brand and Marketing
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I can't submit a ticket of I can't log in. But I have the latest, or one of the latest android os. And no error or text at all. All I get is the following screen:

w619or1msdfo.png
    I have not been able to log in with a different device. I just may uninstall the latest update? I am wondering if google play will do that?
    No it doesn't give me a choice to uninstall the latest update :'(:'(
    Thanks for the information. Can you do a few more things for me?

1) Which Android device are you on?
    2) Can you confirm your operating system version?
    3) In a PM, can you please send me your DBID.
    4) Can you leave the device on in that state, powered up. For 5+ minutes? Some users have said waiting some time has allowed them to progress.

Last but not least -

5) Would you mind submitting a ticket via our website? I know it can be a little annoying, but it'll make it much easier for us to look into this, as there's a limit to what support we can provide on the forums.

https://startrektimelines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    Hosun Lee
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
    How do I pm on this forum?
    How do I pm on this forum?

Click my name at the top of my post, and you'll go to a profile page. There's an icon of an envelope you can click.
    Hosun Lee
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
    Well, I kept the disruptor beam screen loading, and it took 18 minutes to load. So I am now online and this thread can be deleted, but omg 18 minutes? Something is wrong
  • edited February 2018
    I too have experienced a very long loading time on my tablet (Galaxy Note 12.2/Android 5.0.2), but it is one-time only. On my phone (Galaxy S7 Edge/Android 7.0) the loading time was much shorter. Annoying for sure, but not anything worth looking into (much).
    Most anticipated character not in the game: Mr. Homn
  • Just to chime in, @Princess Trista , @Black Pebble , I had the same problem on V4 as well. What I did was delete cache and database on Android after forcing the app to stop. After that, the game started up normally for me.

That process cleaned out about 3Gb of files... Why are we caching that much?

Just as a matter of process, I think I'll be doing the above after updates to avoid problems.

I haven't tried on iOS yet, so I don't know if the same happens there.

As usual, Steam on W10 pro still doesn't work...

In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Same problem for me, at first it took really long time (some minutes) to provide start screen, then GUI was a mess (unfortunately I cannot post a screenshot)

Today it won't even start.

I've already tried deleting cache, restart
  • Phicykus wrote: »
    Same problem for me, at first it took really long time (some minutes) to provide start screen, then GUI was a mess (unfortunately I cannot post a screenshot)

Today it won't even start.

I've already tried deleting cache, restart

After reinstalling and using some system cleaner apps to delete 4 GB of memory it is working again...

• kobakoba ✭✭✭
    this happened also to me on Android, but all I had to do was to wait a minute or two. then the screen shaked up (like when NSA hacks into your device) and then the game started (although it took longer than before, so I suppose the hack was successful)
    Leader of the Czechoslovak Fleet (Starbase level 134). We are recruiting!

My Cryostasis Vault
  • Well, that worked, but I lost my account. Guess I'm done with timelines, unless I can figure out the login I created a year and a half ago...
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that worked, but I lost my account. Guess I'm done with timelines, unless I can figure out the login I created a year and a half ago...

Player Support can assist with this. Please submit a ticket and provide as much details about your account as you can. The name you chose in game for instance. Receipts of recent purchases will help as well. Your level, etc.

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have tried a procedure on our end that should prevent this from happening. Let us know if you are still encountering difficulties. Thank you!
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    koba wrote: »
    this happened also to me on Android, but all I had to do was to wait a minute or two. then the screen shaked up (like when NSA hacks into your device) and then the game started (although it took longer than before, so I suppose the hack was successful)

Somehow, I don’t think I want to how you know what that looks like.