Home Strange New Worlds

R.I.P Steven Hawking, Beloved Physicist and Star Trek Guest Star

Ricard Daystrom Ricard Daystrom ✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in Strange New Worlds
"Modern Cosmology's Brightest Star dies at age 76." -The Guardian

He will be remembered as a revolutionary man who dedicated his life to science.

He even graced us with an appearance as a Hologram of himself, playing poker with Data in the episode "Descent"

He lives on in his legacy, and in our hearts and minds
Proud Member of Everlong and avid Star Trek Fan

Comments

• The only person to ever appear in an episode of Star Trek playing himself.

How cool would it be to have him as a playable character in the game? The SCI rating would have to be astronomical (no pun intended).
  • Bakkster wrote: »
    The only person to ever appear in an episode of Star Trek playing himself.

How cool would it be to have him as a playable character in the game? The SCI rating would have to be astronomical (no pun intended).

I totally agree. Stats would be SCI-ENG-DIP.

So sad to see him go.

• I had the exact same thoughts on his stats. He would need quite a number of traits as well...

I seriously hope that it could be arranged as a way to honor him. If Disruptor Beam could in some way acquire the rights to re-create his image if need be, or rather that of the hologram of himself he portrayed.
  • Just heard word Stephen Hawkings has passed away at the age of 76 and feel like he needs to be respected here on this board. He even showed up in an episode of TNG.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I was saddened to hear of the loss of Prof. Steven Hawking, he was an inspiring physicist and his passing is a loss to humankind.

I for one would love to see a STT card in his honour

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I had just heard a few months ago that he had been the longest survivor of A. L. S.
    I was thinking he had muscular dystrophy.

The few people I had known with A.L.S. did not last long once they had been diagnosed with it.

Makes you think Daystrum award should be the Hawking award.
  • I was thinking the same thing Jim.

I've seen interviews where Hawking talks about his time on TNG, he seemed to have enjoyed the experience.

Would be cool to have him in a "Masters of the Universe" collection with Newton and Einstein.
  • I was thinking the same thing Jim.

I've seen interviews where Hawking talks about his time on TNG, he seemed to have enjoyed the experience.

Would be cool to have him in a "Masters of the Universe" collection with Newton and Einstein.

---
    We got Leonardo da Vinci. Why not Hawking, Einstein, and Newton?
    I was thinking the same thing Jim.

---

Call it the Great Minds mega event and have Hawking, Einstein and Newton as the 5* characters.
  • [10F] Newt wrote: »
    Bakkster wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing Jim.

---

Call it the Great Minds mega event and have Hawking, Einstein and Newton as the 5* characters.

I have an existing SCI Mega Event Idea. I would be great full if I had some help. It's called "For the Benefit of All"

• MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad to hear. I loved reading "A Brief History of Time".
  • PLEASE give us a Stephen Hawking Character !!
    The only person to ever appear in an episode of Star Trek playing himself.

Actually, I recall one other person played himself: Joe Piscipo (sp?) as a 20th Century comedian on the holodeck when Data was trying to understand our humor.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I recall one other person played himself: Joe Piscipo (sp?) as a 20th Century comedian on the holodeck when Data was trying to understand our humor.

Piscopo did not play himself.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Ronald_B._Moore_(comedian)
  • SpyOneSpyOne ✭✭
    Setting aside what was supposed to be unreadable text, the script (and the Encyclopedia) called the character "the comic".
    That appearance was a reminder the Joe Piscopo is a pretty good actor, better than his career would suggest.