Home Ready Room
Options

Help, who do I pick? Klingon Nelix vs. Arik Soong vs. Vedek Bareil Antos

So I'm hoping to get some feedback on a Super Rare crew pull. Klingon Nelix vs. Arik Soong Vs. Vedik Bareil Antos. I have no hope of FF any of them anytime soon.
I like Nelix for his high security for Shuttle Missions even at only 1* which I think i need. My highest base security is a 1* lvl 100 Suus Manha Sarek, a FF lvl 100 Constable Odo and in the potential highest security is a FF lvl 70 Talos IV Spock, and a 1* lvl 1 Assimilated Tuvok. I was also considering starting to level up Boxer Chakotay since his base security is super high and I will be able to freeze him at some point when his usefulness is outweighed by other partially fused super rares.

Soong is good for a civilian scientist (which i do need to clear nodes) and geneticist. But I do have a low level 1* Prospect Michael Burnham (civilian) that I could work on but dont know if that makes sense since she was event crew and I will not likely get any other copies of her. I also have a 1* Antak around level 50 that is a geneticist and has great gauntlet scores but not a civilian.

Vedek Berial looks to have really good gauntlet stats so he's attractive also. But i think i have other crew with similarly high gauntlet scores like Commander Kira Nerys 1* lvl 60, Alidar Jarok 1* lvl 50, Vulcan Weding Tpol 3* lvl 10, Commander Sela 1* lvl 10, Agent Harris 4* lvl 60, Anij 1*, The President of Earth 1*, Bajoran Dukat1*, Commander Tomalak 1*, Nurse Faith Garland 2* all of which i have not yet leveled in any real way.
I realize that I'm in it for the long haul with this game so I don't mind taking or keeping the crew that is really superior or likely to not be matched in anything I might pull in the future even if it's not what I need at the momnent. Even if the way their superior is the arena combat skill that is a must have for a top level ship.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated ?
Thanks. =)
Captain BIOMECHANIK

Comments

• Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Klingon Neelix would be good for this event if you can level him in time.
    Bareil has better voyage stats than Soong, and could be useful in gauntlet.

Personally I would pick Bareil for the long term he may even have an outside shot at being bonus crew for mega event.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on your descriptions, you need the security, so I'd pick Klingon Neelix. Your Nurse Faith Garland is better than Bareil for gauntlet.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bareil had some voyage value for me for a few months before he was eclipsed by other crew. Arik went straight to the freezer once I finally got around to leveling him up, but I had a deep crew by that time. I haven't gotten around to thinking about Neelix (have him at 3/4 level 1).

Since you're in it for the long haul... you'll eventually get copies of all of them from either portal pulls or voyage drops.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    can't delete, made an erroneous comment
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two things:

1. When I started playing I prioritised base stats over all else for new 4* crew. I felt that if I did well in shuttles I'd be able to bring faction items in on a regular basis, which in turn would help me equip other crew. On top of that the base stats would help me do better in Faction events so they would hopefully allow me to get all the Threshold rewards, and thus bring in better crew.

I didn't look at proficiency rolls because I just made do in Gauntlet with what I had, there was no reason to try too hard there because I needed specific crew to even think about getting top spots.
    Voyagers weren't around so not part of the equation yet, but if I needed to choose now, I think I'd still initially go for base stats and not really consider is a crew was 3-skill or not.

Only when I had a strong base set did I start looking at other things, like was someone event crew, traits they had, were they main cast, part of collections etc. etc.

2. You kinda don't do your choices justice. You need to take care when you do not compare like for like crew, especially as is the case for Bareil Antos ... one of his best attributes is that he has the MED skill, and that is often seen as a premium skill by players ... as such he only really compares with The President of the Earth, Anij and Nurse Faith Garland.
    So, if you then decide on what your main driver is when choosing new crew (e.g. in my case base stats) you can then properly compare crew. You'll notice that in most cases Antos comes out better (exception is Gauntlet compared to Faith Garland and maybe Anij), especially when considering base stats and Voyage stats.

In conclusion:
    Taking all this into consideration, I'd probably pick Neelix, or maybe Antos, depending on the number of MED crew I have ... I would never pick Soong because he is, in general, just poor, especially when you compare him to the crew you already have (President, Faith Garland) or Antos.