Home Ready Room
Options

Double-up cooldown question

So, in my ecstatic haste about a free EV Archer, I claimed it, like an idiot, and it triggered my double-up which I had planned to use on Killy when the event ends tomorrow (I'm still top 500, so top 1000 *should* be easy). This leaves me two questions:

1) Does the 72 hour cooldown start immediately, or when Archer's timer runs out?
2) Either way, this puts the timer Wednesday after the next event preview goes up, how will I claim my rewards from current event? Will there be two event tabs on my screen?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice

Comments

• Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can keep Archie in your inbox, if you want to have the dubble offer on Tillie. You would be able to open the e-mail on Thursday evening after the event has begun, and get another dubble offer for Archie.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    The OP already claimed Archer.

You should be able to wait and claim Killy right before the next event starts and still get the DYC.
  • Options
    You can keep Archie in your inbox, if you want to have the dubble offer on Tillie. You would be able to open the e-mail on Thursday evening after the event has begun, and get another dubble offer for Archie.

Sorry, I must not have been clear enough in my initial post: I've already claimed Archer, so his double-up triggered. I want to double Tilly when event rewards post, so how long can I wait to claim my event rewards from the current event?
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the moment the offer pops, the cooldown is 72 hours. However, DB says that the next offer is not "obliged" to appear at any time, so you might get unlucky and get the offer a legendary later than the initial one after 72 hours ... happened to me as well, so it's a little RNG there as well.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    The OP already claimed Archer.

You should be able to wait and claim Killy right before the next event starts and still get the DYC.

Thanks, this is what I was looking for. So the next event won't supersede my ability to claim past event rewards then, right?
  • Options
    From the moment the offer pops, the cooldown is 72 hours. However, DB says that the next offer is not "obliged" to appear at any time, so you might get unlucky and get the offer a legendary later than the initial one after 72 hours ... happened to me as well, so it's a little RNG there as well.

Ah, good old RNG *womp womp* I'll keep my fingers crossed then. Thanks!
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    The double timer now seems to reset once the current one expires.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that's a bug ... yes, I've had my double offer also just 48 hours after the previous one. If they changed it willingly and knowingly, it should have been in the patchnotes. For now, I still don't trust it and wait the usual 72 hours.
  • Options
    I bought Killy yesterday, and use a double up on her. When I opened Archer, I got another one. So they might have given a double up with the email? but who knows.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    My out of the ordinary DYS wasn't in an e-mail, both were Be-Golds. Soo ... either it's a bug or stealthpatched ... anyway, I'd like to hear an official response on this.
  • Options
    FYI: I saw enough people reporting 24 hours on cooldown that I decided to gamble and claim it (though I waited 36) and did get the DYC. So Killy now joins Mirror Troi as my only non-mega FF 5*s!
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Congratulations, Shark Kubus. :) And from what I could see in the "Don't claim your Archer yet" thread, the DYC hidden cooldown really seems to have been reduced from 72 hours to 24 hours.
  • Options
    Message the team. They might have a way to help you. You're a paying customer, after all!