Home Ready Room

Airlocking help needed

HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
I need help airlocking somebody bellow. No slots free and just got Caretaker.

All of them are FE.

Duelist Yar 2/4
Dr. Toby Russell 2/4
Riley Frazier 2/4
Assimilated Tuvok 2/4
Kazon Seska 2/4
Commander Barak 2/4
T'Mir 2/4
Augment Riker 2/4
Sybok 2/4
Warship Chakotay 2/4
Silik 2/4
Mirror Archer 2/4
Luther Sloan 2/4
Ba'Ku Worf 2/4
Platonian Kirk 2/4
Commander Chapel 2/4
Ruk 2/4
Mirror Jadzia Dax 2/4
Captain Claa 2/4

Temporal Agent Seven 1/4
Tourist Quark 1/4
Automated Unit 3947 1/4
Changeling Bashir 1/4
Command Hologram 1/4
Captain Janeway 1/4
Subcommander T'Rul 1/4
Time Loop Mudd 1/4
Dr Crusher 1/4
Doc Crusher 1/4
Blood Oath Jadzia 1/4
Gorn Captain 1/4
PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
  • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
  • Amanda Rogers - got her
  • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
  • Agmar - not in the game yet
  • M'yra - not in the game yet

Comments

• I’d say Baku Worf or Doctor Crusher or possibly Time Loop Mudd. Those would be my first choices that is.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I would say prioritise 1/4s first for airlocking:

I would keep Changeling Bashir, possibly Janeway, Blood oath Jadzia and maybe automated 3947
    Tourist quark isn't bad FE but he's not in the portal and neither is Time loop mudd - so really those two would perhaps be your best (although Quark could be useful for DS9 event but that's an outside chance IMO)

Possibly keep Doc Crusher and airlock Dr Crusher, I also like Command Hologram and think you should try and keep if possible.

If you have drone seven (espescially immortalised) then you can easily get away with airlocking temporal agent seven.

Ba'Ku worf has great security base for a purple so I wouldn't airlock him IMO

Out of your 2/4s Toby Russell and Frazier are minor characters and probably the safest bet to airlock

Edit: The Gorn Captain I have yet to unlock but I can't say I have missed him, and can't see him providing anything special except his species trait.

ADDing another Sneaky edit:
    I will retract slightly on Automated Unit - my assumption was that he has the Android trait but he doesn't - he is still good for voyages tho, so may not be the first out the airlock but still what I would call "in the relegation zone."
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad that you are put in that situation of airlocking fully-equipped crew. There aren't any immortalized crew that you can freeze for the time being? If there are any crew you haven't used at all for a few weeks, put them in cryo, and you can easily retrieve them if you later find you need them.

That having been said, I agree with Ironagedave about airlocking minor characters. I tend to keep main cast crew if possible, as they'll more frequently show up as event bonus crew. So if it were me, I'd start with the following, in order from most airlockable to least airlockable:

Automated Unit 3947 1/4
    Subcommander T'Rul 1/4
    Sybok 2/4
    Dr. Toby Russell 2/4
    Riley Frazier 2/4
    T'Mir 2/4

But I wouldn't go too crazy. Keeping as many FE crew as you can is worthwhile, since you may get lucky with Voyages or portal pulls and get them FF in as little as a few weeks from now. In the future, however, maybe don't bother leveling those crew to whom you aren't particularly attached in some way... and in the meantime, like I said above, think really hard if there aren't several crew who could go into stasis for awhile, to save you the heartbreak of having lost all the resources you spent leveling up a crew member who you're going to send out the airlock. Good luck!

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Too bad that you are put in that situation of airlocking fully-equipped crew. There aren't any immortalized crew that you can freeze for the time being? If there are any crew you haven't used at all for a few weeks, put them in cryo, and you can easily retrieve them if you later find you need them.

That having been said, I agree with Ironagedave about airlocking minor characters. I tend to keep main cast crew if possible, as they'll more frequently show up as event bonus crew. So if it were me, I'd start with the following, in order from most airlockable to least airlockable:

Automated Unit 3947 1/4
    Subcommander T'Rul 1/4
    Sybok 2/4
    Dr. Toby Russell 2/4
    Riley Frazier 2/4
    T'Mir 2/4

But I wouldn't go too crazy. Keeping as many FE crew as you can is worthwhile, since you may get lucky with Voyages or portal pulls and get them FF in as little as a few weeks from now. In the future, however, maybe don't bother leveling those crew to whom you aren't particularly attached in some way... and in the meantime, like I said above, think really hard if there aren't several crew who could go into stasis for awhile, to save you the heartbreak of having lost all the resources you spent leveling up a crew member who you're going to send out the airlock. Good luck!

I just frosted someone to make room for Caretaker, Besides those I have a lot 3/4, so it is not easy to airlock.

This was not an issue just few weeks ago, abut I just had some fair lusk these days -

Caretaker from gauntlet
    Duelist Torres and Dr. Richard Daystrom from that 725 merrits pack
    and free EV Suit Archer.

but all advices are welcome, because I only have 90 slots
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • I’d say Baku Worf or Doctor Crusher or possibly Time Loop Mudd. Those would be my first choices that is.

DO NOT airlock Ba'Ku Worf as so egregiously suggested in this thread. I understand that everyone plays differently, but he's one of the best base security when FF/FE. I find use for him all the time, if not on voyages, then on secondary shuttles.

Also, as previously mentioned, I'm also sorry that you're put in a position to be airlocking FE crew. One way to avoid that in the future is to not level them until you have at least 2 stars (I don't level some until 3 stars). That way you won't feel as bad parting with them when crunch time hits.

Other than the Ba'Ku Worf fiasco, I agree with everyone's suggestions except that I find T'Rul useful because of her engineering base, and the fact that there are so few Romluans in the game, it makes sense to keep her for the collections.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • Zann Calcore (ISA)Zann Calcore (ISA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I’m just now seeing that your first list is of FE crew, so I’d have change what I said and instead limit whoever you do drop to the second list, since they’re only one stars.

@Marko Ramius Baku Worf May be a fine and dandy character but he’s nowhere near my top Sec crew, even if I don’t include my golds. I had suggested him because as far as Worf characters go he’s a bit meh to me. As I said above though, now that I see he’s already FE, I wouldn’t airlock him.

Of course, if @HaBlack happens to have a robust Sec base already, specifically in the immortalized department, I’d revisit the idea of chucking Baku Worf anyhow, if you’re truly desperate. After all, the Caretaker is a much better crew than Baku Worf.

P.S. - Keep in mind you have about 6 days to actually make room once you receive a new crew man, so you could choose the better route and immortalize a blue or green or anyone you have FF, freeze them, and then have a ready slot.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I’m just now seeing that your first list is of FE crew, so I’d have change what I said and instead limit whoever you do drop to the second list, since they’re only one stars.
    Baku Worf May be a fine and dandy character but he’s nowhere near my top Sec crew, even if I don’t include my golds. I had suggested him because as far as Worf characters go he’s a bit meh to me. As I said above though, now that I see he’s already FE, I wouldn’t airlock him.

A FF Ba'ku Worf ranks 4th for security shuttles in his classification (2 of the ones higher aren't in the portal and one of those can only be fused with citations). It's therefore reasonable to intimate that the OP may not have those other ones. Whilst a 2/4 may not set the world alight 718(+) but if he was minor event crew that would give a total of circa 1440 or more that's not to be sniffed at imo.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • I’m just now seeing that your first list is of FE crew, so I’d have change what I said and instead limit whoever you do drop to the second list, since they’re only one stars.
    Baku Worf May be a fine and dandy character but he’s nowhere near my top Sec crew, even if I don’t include my golds. I had suggested him because as far as Worf characters go he’s a bit meh to me. As I said above though, now that I see he’s already FE, I wouldn’t airlock him.

A FF Ba'ku Worf ranks 4th for security shuttles in his classification (2 of the ones higher aren't in the portal and one of those can only be fused with citations). It's therefore reasonable to intimate that the OP may not have those other ones. Whilst a 2/4 may not set the world alight 718(+) but if he was minor event crew that would give a total of circa 1440 or more that's not to be sniffed at imo.

That’s great and if @HaBlack wishes to keep him that’s also great. I, personally, find Ba’Ku Worf to be my least favorite Worf, and I really like Worf. I’m sure he’ll keep Worf if he wants to or drop him if he doesn’t. Whatever the outcome, it’s all good to me.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    DO NOT airlock ANY of the crew you listed ...

Freeze an immortalised crew member!!

If you have 31 FE 4*s sitting around then you've got at least 20 immortalised crew outside of your cadets ... ditch one of the 2-skill 4*s, you can always bring him/her back from the freezer when you need them for an event.
    I'd even consider freezing a cadet if you are not running the bare-bones version of 3 2*s already.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Temporal Agent Seven
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just froze my first FFFE 4* the other day for the Caretaker. I have a dozen. Freeze one of them.

Alternatively, use honor to cite the best crew you have and freeze your least favorite.
  • Personally I would always freeze a crew member instead but your most disposable two are probably Mudd and Gorn Captain
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met