Home The Bridge

Why is ###### and ###### everywhere?

The changes to game chat are frustrating. Some players cannot use their name ( Hoek ), even Disruptor Beam is banned. This is a mess, much worse than before.

Trista

This is not spam.

Comments

• ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    At one point today, even IDIC was hashed out. You know, that thing that Sarek needs a zillion of.

Either the chat censor AI is not all that “I”, or someone in Framingham, Massachusetts, had a very itchy trigger finger.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Yeah. I guess that's what happens when you fraking fire everyone.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At one point today, even IDIC was hashed out. You know, that thing that Sarek needs a zillion of.

Either the chat censor AI is not all that “I”, or someone in Framingham, Massachusetts, had a very itchy trigger finger.

The other day, we found that IDIC is fine, but IDICs is not. Maybe it's too close to a certain anatomical euphemism?

But yes, it's just getting silly now. Was mentioning some cadet crew in chat recently and found those hashes coming up when writing "Bartender Quark" -- the word "bartender" is apparently too much for young impressionable minds to see.

s32zMDV.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here a ######, there a ######, everywhere a ###### ######
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • I wonder how many scripts of Star Trek episodes could pass through the DB filters? Obviously nothing from Star Trek Discovery!
  • Because the #### is #### and the #### is #### to #### everyone in a #### of #### which is #### #### really. So #### I suppose. It's just the #### of #### at the the #### of the ####. Balls.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone in another thread summed it up perfectly: (paraphrasing) “Of all the things DB needs to work on, they chose THIS?”

Bloody H€££
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep it needs fixing or go back to previous. Chat is unintelligible. I was trying to talk about Discovery and the lack of facial movement on the klingons due to excessive makeup and it hashtagged all over.
    Let’s fly!
  • And yet I've been voyaging around the galaxy in the USS Clunge just fine. Odd indeed.
  • They even banned: Obama, Clinton.

Trump works fine. lol
  • You could try s p a c I n g out the words like this, but agreed the filtering software is stupid we're grown up enough not to have this filtering software
  • You could try s p a c I n g out the words like this, but agreed the filtering software is stupid we're grown up enough not to have this filtering software

This won't work. The filtering software is "smart" enough to recognise what you're attempting. It even hashed out a profanity that I entered in reverse. gnikcuF filter!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have made some adjustments and will continue to do so.
    You should see some improvements today.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    But yes, it's just getting silly now. Was mentioning some cadet crew in chat recently and found those hashes coming up when writing "Bartender Quark" -- the word "bartender" is apparently too much for young impressionable minds to see.

It's "der" that's the problem. Whenever my fleet hits on a censored word, we'll try to isolate the offending characters so we can figure out what it is that's setting off the system. I tried breaking it into b-a-r-t-e-n-d-e-r as well as b a r t e n d e r and both were covered in #'s. Then I broke it into syllables, each as its own response line: Bar (fine), ten (fine), der (###).

Someone surmised this may have something to do with a term in German. If so, it's especially ridiculous to ban that language's "the".
  • take Four Twenty off this censorship list please
  • Shan wrote: »
    We have made some adjustments and will continue to do so.
    You should see some improvements today.

My ship's name "Phat Qube" is still censored and not allowed in Voyages. How is "Phat" or "Qube" offensive?

:/
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol tried to update my profile and I'm offensive in the forums as well. fpihv486xliz.png
  • Lol tried to update my profile and I'm offensive in the forums as well. fpihv486xliz.png

Hmmm... Yes... I see that... Point taken, DB... We're offensive... >:)
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"