Home Engineering Room

Forums Issues

Comments

• FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seconding the question / request for alternate color schemes, the white is distressing.
  • This is like being on facebook. It **tsk tsk**. Go back to the old forum, and hire the people that didn't constantly screw up this game.
  • Forum is completely unusable on mobile: when writing, the keyboard obstructs the form.

a4bdshvynzi4.jpeg
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forum is completely unusable on mobile: when writing, the keyboard obstructs the form.

I tried on my phone and I was able to scroll down to the comment section.
  • Shan wrote: »
    Forum is completely unusable on mobile: when writing, the keyboard obstructs the form.

i have the same obstruction and have had to abandon posting from phone because only my tablet keyboard allows scrolling down.

~ seeking out new life
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Capt Ajamm wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »

i have the same obstruction and have had to abandon posting from phone because only my tablet keyboard allows scrolling down.

I did not use the keyboard, I dragged the screen up with my finger.
  • LeshyLeshy ✭✭✭
    Hi Shan,

I am currently suddenly getting the error message "You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links" when I try to edit a link into the opening post of the Do Not Airlock Checklist thread. Is there any new anti-spam setting that is causing this, and can this be adjusted in some way?

Thanks!
  • Black PebbleBlack Pebble ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leshy wrote: »
    Hi Shan,

I am currently suddenly getting the error message "You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links" when I try to edit a link into the opening post of the Do Not Airlock Checklist thread. Is there any new anti-spam setting that is causing this, and can this be adjusted in some way?

Thanks!

Can you refresh your browser and try again?
    Hosun Lee
    Civilian, Brand and Marketing
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • LeshyLeshy ✭✭✭
    It's sorted now, thanks again for your efforts!
  • This is embarrassing but I can't figure out how to start a new discussion (despite trying with all my different browsers). So I'm limited to making comments instead on this forum.
    mundane57, could you please try logging out completely and logging back in to the forums? You should see a button that allows you to start new discussions.
    Hosun Lee
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • mundane57, could you please try logging out completely and logging back in to the forums? You should see a button that allows you to start new discussions.

Hi, thanks for the advice!

The blue button for starting new discussions has appeared for me. It wasn't there before, hence my query. (I didn't log out and in again though. Came back after a few hours, popped back into the forum to check info, and found the new button.) :)
  • JacenWolffeJacenWolffe ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Not an 'issue' per se but i don't want to make a new thread and sending to support seems ridiculous: does the current forum software allow to show which threads you've posted in when you're browsing the forums? In theory, one could bookmark each thread they post in or go to their profile for the 'comments' page but neither is very intuitive.

I tried to track down the specific forum software but couldn't find it.

Also, exactly how long do I have to be here to be able to post pictures for crying out loud? I've been here since day 1 of the move.
    "If you want level-headed answers to help you fit into polite society I'm not really the right person..." -CMDR Shepard
    "When the people around you are all one way and you're not, you can't help feeling like there's something wrong with you." -B'Elanna Torres
    "Simulations can't prepare you for the real thing. Nothing can." -Dr. Julian Bashir
    "There's no room in justice for loyalty, or friendship, or love. Justice, as the Humans like to say, is blind. I used to believe that. I'm not sure I can anymore." -Odo
    "Sleep, there's no such thing. It's just an old space tale like Sparkle dancers or Klingons with a heart of gold. " -Montgomery Scott
    "Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam"? No, "Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
    Also, exactly how long do I have to be here to be able to post pictures for crying out loud? I've been here since day 1 of the move.

Hi JacenWolffe,

If you're unable to post links or pictures, please log out of the forums completely and log back in. We made a change earlier in the week, but it won't kick in until you relog.

Depending on how your browser is configured, you may need to go to http://games.disruptorbeam.com to fully log out of the forums.
    Hosun Lee
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • lxlx ✭✭
    I am totally unable to create a new thread in this forum system. Whatever button I need to have available is not there. I've followed the suggestions in this thread to log out and in, at both the games.disruptorbeam link and the forum one, no dice. Any more advice?
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    lx wrote: »
    I am totally unable to create a new thread in this forum system. Whatever button I need to have available is not there. I've followed the suggestions in this thread to log out and in, at both the games.disruptorbeam link and the forum one, no dice. Any more advice?

Hi and welcome :)
    Your account was created today so you will not be able to create a discussion yet.
    Is there something we can assist you with?
  • Also, exactly how long do I have to be here to be able to post pictures for crying out loud? I've been here since day 1 of the move.

Hi JacenWolffe,

If you're unable to post links or pictures, please log out of the forums completely and log back in. We made a change earlier in the week, but it won't kick in until you relog.

Depending on how your browser is configured, you may need to go to http://games.disruptorbeam.com to fully log out of the forums.

Thanks. I normally don't logout of things if I can help it. I assume that's what 'level 2' gives? Which circles back around to a general FAQ about the forums I mentioned but hey.

tumblr_ox83ubfyfl1qdl4w6o6_250.gif
    Thanks for the quick response.
    "If you want level-headed answers to help you fit into polite society I'm not really the right person..." -CMDR Shepard
    "When the people around you are all one way and you're not, you can't help feeling like there's something wrong with you." -B'Elanna Torres
    "Simulations can't prepare you for the real thing. Nothing can." -Dr. Julian Bashir
    "There's no room in justice for loyalty, or friendship, or love. Justice, as the Humans like to say, is blind. I used to believe that. I'm not sure I can anymore." -Odo
    "Sleep, there's no such thing. It's just an old space tale like Sparkle dancers or Klingons with a heart of gold. " -Montgomery Scott
  • I managed to post a couple of bugs before as new discussions but the button is gone and I've logged out and back in using four different browsers and still no luck.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • ChangChang ✭✭✭
    can't start a discussion... Sigh.
  • can't start a discussion... Sigh.

Addressed just a few posts ago. Voila:
    Shan wrote: »
    lx wrote: »

Your account was created today so you will not be able to create a discussion yet.
    Is there something we can assist you with?

• I also cannot create a discussion. It shows my account was created today (November 1st) but I've been on here a looonng time. I can only respond to others' posts. I've tried logging out, clearing cache, signing in, using desktop mode, using another browser. So frustrating.
  • edited November 2017
    mundane57 wrote: »
    mundane57, could you please try logging out completely and logging back in to the forums? You should see a button that allows you to start new discussions.

Hi, thanks for the advice!

The blue button for starting new discussions has appeared for me. It wasn't there before, hence my query. (I didn't log out and in again though. Came back after a few hours, popped back into the forum to check info, and found the new button.) :)

This didn't work for me, and neither did completely logging out and logging back in. I'll try logging out and in again, but if it doesn't help I have no idea what to do.

EDIT: Apparently this has been answered upthread. There is a waiting period before being able to post new threads.
    I also cannot create a discussion. It shows my account was created today (November 1st) but I've been on here a looonng time. I can only respond to others' posts. I've tried logging out, clearing cache, signing in, using desktop mode, using another browser. So frustrating.

Hi IntrepidPiscean,

For whatever reason, the forum software indicates your current forum account was created within the past day,

We'll get better messaging to clarify this, but in order to cut down on spammers, we put in a restriction that new forum accounts need to wait 2 days before starting new threads. You can still respond to threads, though,
    Hosun Lee
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

Glad I came to this thread. I thought I was being temp banned for complaining about the problems I have been having. I had problems posting links, and also could not post a "new discussion" logging out and back in fixed it.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Why are you ignoring the multiple posts about the forum colour scheme? White seems to be universally disliked.

Are you unwilling to consider a change? Can't change it? Working on a change?
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »
    Why are you ignoring the multiple posts about the forum colour scheme? White seems to be universally disliked.

Are you unwilling to consider a change? Can't change it? Working on a change?

Nothing is being ignored, I am sorry if I didn't already mentioned in this thread, but a change of theme is not possible at this time.

As a workaround there are browser addons which can help with this.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some changes made today:
    - Advanced search bar: you now have more filters to use when doing a search on the forums
    - Sign out: the link should now log you out completely.
  • I can't post a new thread. Not that I need to right now but maybe in the future. I tried logging out and back in, but that didn't seem to work.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mystikal wrote: »
    I can't post a new thread. Not that I need to right now but maybe in the future. I tried logging out and back in, but that didn't seem to work.

You will be able to create a new thread once you gain a few points.
    Participating on the forums will get you there.
  • edited November 2017
    Hello
    How can I collect some points to start a discussion or create a new thred?

now i know how i collect poins.