Home Make It So!

New Event Type: Space Journey

JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
With the disappearance of Expedition events, it's time for a new third regular type of events that would mix things up a little with the usual Faction and Galaxy event types.

Obviously, the core feature of this new Space Journey Event type shall be the voyages. If you do a voyage during this type of event, you will earn a small amount of victory points for passing a hazard (alongside with +5 Antimatter) and a large amount of victory points for each dilemma on your way to the higher rewards. If you fail a hazard, you will lose 30 Antimatter and not gain any victory points, obviously.

The dilemmas would have to be re-designed of course to yield special event-formed rewards with a small chance of getting equipment for any of the featured event crew (chance increases with each tier of dilemma). The VP rewards would be similar to what you get at galaxy events, perhaps even a ticket system similar to the Expedition Event type would be a possibility, so you would have the choice of a normal voyage or an event voyage that would cost a ticket each time you start one.

What do you think of this? :)
"Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")

Comments

• Its an okay idea. But voyages are very random and it would make some bad RNG
    Proud Member of Everlong and avid Star Trek Fan

• ·§ë· For the Many·§ë· For the Many ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I'd like to see more event types, but unfortunately this would be even more pay-to-win than the other events are. Perhaps if the nature of event voyages were changed to avoid people just being able to pay dilithium to win, it could be interesting.

And I want Expeditions back. ^.^ Not yet willing to admit that they're gone. DB if you're reading, please bring them back.
  • Its a good idea,that will be made better,if the voyages were less rewarding/more difficult,during events.After all,we Can't Advise DB to more charitable.
  • You have to use Victory Points to refill antimatter.

Dilemmas lead to Mini Expedition missions which if you fail will recall the mission. Crew also get fatigue on these.

VP is awarded through successful dilemmas (in large quantities) and caches - I suggest chronitons are replaced by VP and federation credits replaced with VP so the random double 'federation credits' cache reward is worth extra VP and the rewards increase over the time of the voyage much as they do in standard voyages.

Event crew give bonuses to crew slots BUT they must be balanced to allow the ability to tackle the dilemmas (so filling your ship up with Rikers will probably fail dilemmas, for example).

I like the idea very much :)
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meow, those are sweet additions to the new event type, Belle Anna. Also, I love your new Kilana avatar. <3
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")