Home The Holodeck

Star Wars The Clone Wars Saved!

This discussion was created from comments split from: Voyages Question(s).

Comments

• Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I know this is a Trek site. I know, ok? But right now, I'm too overjoyed to care....it's back! Thank you Dave Filoni!

es1ack8h83ab.jpg
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a little wary of the Star Wars Franchise after how I didn't like Legends (It was written for kids but marketed for adults and fans of the Clone Wars) and the movies of the past year; particularly Episode VIII.

I loved the Clone Wars, and it had some of the best writing of Star Wars (aside from some novels) of the entire Star Wars franchise. The character arcs, especially the clones themselves, were masterful. Side characters were allowed to shine, and it really explained the Separatists vs. the Republic and what was really going on.
    And unlike the movies, Anakin was a real military hero, which made his transformation to Vader that more poignant.
    And it made some really great strong female characters. Padme was already strong, but much more competent than how she was portrayed in film; and Asoka... I never saw the internet go so crazy as to theorize what happened to such a beloved character. The wikis had to prohibit all the fan theories because they were all wrong. (but we wanted closure!)

I've read that most of the first season is the left overs of the final season of the original series (which does not get my hopes up)
    Another concern. The best Clone Wars eps were when Lucas Films were starving for cash, and now they are bloated with Disney Cash. (Which is part of what I think happened to Legends)
    And finally, the last few movies Disney has put out have been miserable in my opinion. Shoddy writing, irreverence to what made the franchise as great as it is (especially the way they are killing off the original cast is just sad in its execution) and even ignoring/blowing off the unanswered questions of Episode VII (which unfortunately, is J.J. Abrams' style)

But I will give it a try, when it comes out on DVD. My expectations are low.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that's my concern, as well — whether they can match the quality of the first run of the series.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"